• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barley

Aust view.

Saudi’s latest #barley tender produced strong results with 660kMT booked, significantly more than the 480kMT initially tendered for. Prices leapt over $40/mt since the Nov tender, with an average price of $277.65/mt CIF for Mar-Apr shipment. This should help support local prices!

Think you guys won a share of the tender Sunni how much

Comment

https://www.graincentral.com/markets/australia-poised-to-supply-in-saudi-barley-tender/ https://www.graincentral.com/markets/australia-poised-to-supply-in-saudi-barley-tender/

This is a good article plus another good source of info from the Aussie prospective , not only on the tender but on the world trade .

Comment

Why don't they just come to Canada and buy it they have a direct link to producers through elevator system and ports besides they are their partners? What kind of a deal did Canadian Farmers get from them anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Think you guys won a share of the tender Sunni how much
          Canada hasn't shipped barley to S Arabia for over 3 and a half years

Comment

Seems like barley acres are going to be at least last yrs levels. Seed growers are almost sold out of Synergy and most other varieties.
            I’m struggling with seeding any. Grew Synergy in 2020, all went malt have some left but also grow durum. My pencil tells me I need $6 malt or feed compared to new crop $8 durum to consider growing barley. I made more growing durum them malt last yr net return.
            Going to clean some Synergy see what my gut tells me before spring.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
              Yes I am curious about mallees statement . Thats why I posted that article to show how empty the barley cupboard is getting out there. China bought a shitload of US corn in the last few days. Interesting times.
              Last edited by mcfarms; Jan 26, 2021, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                Yes I am curious about mallees statement . Thats why I posted that article to show how empty the barley cupboard is getting out there. China bought a shitload of US corn in the last few days. Interesting times.
                China is buying sorghum from the US with both hands too

Comment

I'm just hoping they are building stocks up after the typhoons last summer and rebuilding their hog herds after ASF and not building strategic food reserves before other things.

Comment

China bought 200 million gallons of ethanol
                    There is more cattle on feed this year than last in the US

Comment

Read somewere today Canada was amongst it.

Will find out tender split tonight if I look hard enough

Comment

All I can see is Australia got darn near 500,000 t 480k to be exact.

And 360000 came from my state distintvfreight DISadvantage

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                          That was after the bobblehead Freeland making comments???

Comment

- 30 again this morning and that is just darn good barley burning weather right here in Canada. You don't have to worry about putting any on a boat if it did this for a month or two.

Comment

Canada and Russia have moved to join Australia’s World Trade *Organisation dispute with China as third parties, raising concerns over the legal and global trade impacts of Beijing’s tariffs on Australian barley exports.

Despite major barley-producing nations benefiting from Australian farmers being frozen out of the Chinese market, they have formally requested to join WTO talks after Canberra launched action last month.

Canada, a key Five Eyes security partner that has experienced heightened tensions with China, told the WTO it had a “substantial trade interest” in the barley dispute. “Given the significant amount of trade in barley between Australia and China, China’s trade remedies measures could have *effects on global trade in barley more generally, including impacts on Canadian barley,” its government submission said.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...