• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Biden is considering for USA farmers a 39% tax on Farmland when transfered

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Biden is considering for USA farmers a 39% tax on Farmland when transfered

Now, why am I posting this it's because we have a mental midget running Canada who has Canada so broke it's not even funny.

Biden's plan is to have a tax of up to 39% on all land transferred to the family. So an $800000 quarter or $400000 quarter or $200000 quarter the farmer or his estate would have to come up with $312,000 or $156,000. or $78,000. Basically, the next generation of farmers would have to reborrow thanks to the gov to carry on the family farm. Rather sickening if you think. Maybe let's tax Buffet half his wealth on his death.

If this works in the USA, Canada will do the same. So they will get you if you sell or if you transfer to your kids or if you even give it to telemiricle.

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Now, why am I posting this it's because we have a mental midget running Canada who has Canada so broke it's not even funny.

Biden's plan is to have a tax of up to 39% on all land transferred to the family. So an $800000 quarter or $400000 quarter or $200000 quarter the farmer or his estate would have to come up with $312,000 or $156,000. or $78,000. Basically, the next generation of farmers would have to reborrow thanks to the gov to carry on the family farm. Rather sickening if you think. Maybe let's tax Buffet half his wealth on his death.

If this works in the USA, Canada will do the same. So they will get you if you sell or if you transfer to your kids or if you even give it to telemiricle.
    Government policy has not been kind to Western Canadian farmers and will get far worse before it gets better...

Name one legitimate farmer in the conservative ranks federally or provincially....that represents the current demographic of farmers...
    Hint....Gerry Ritz was not a farmer contrary to popular belief...

If the millionaire Jagmeet continues to prop up Trudeau ....farmers are an easy target...they are so easily divided and conquered its not funny...
    Last edited by bucket; Jan 26, 2021, 07:49.

Comment

Yes, you are correct and we have zero farmers in the Federal liberal party.

If Trudeau gets a majority we are ****ed in Western Canada.

Quebec will get an exemption in some way.

Comment

Those red states really going to pay for supporting Trump now. No oil industry and now no ag industry on top of it.

But Joe is the decent man we were told.

People keep harping on Trudeau to pass a budget. I say let him stew to an election. These are changes he can make with the stroke of the pen and support of Singh.

But of skippy gets a majority get your accountant on the line immediately.

My kids arent going to farm so there is no reason to hold land to gift to them. Might as well sell it the corp and book those CGEs before thats taken away too. Politicians can target any group with policy we have seen.

Comment

Oh, I think he will go after all ways and get the 40%.

Trudeau won't let anyone out alive.

Also did the largest Chinese alchappo get caught and was he laundering money in houses and land in Canada?

Comment

Imagine someone like Chuck doing the Valuation of your land when you die.

Comment

https://www.lonesomelands.com/new-blog/2021/1/24/americas-family-owned-farms-now-face-the-greatest-threat-to-their-existance https://www.lonesomelands.com/new-blog/2021/1/24/americas-family-owned-farms-now-face-the-greatest-threat-to-their-existance

Comment

Thanks for sharing that story its a good piece describing what's coming for USA farmers.

We have a sick fool in Ottawa who doesn't care at all about food or oil or gas or coal he just thinks it all comes from Safeway, Esso and it's bad.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that story its a good piece describing what's coming for USA farmers.

We have a sick fool in Ottawa who doesn't care at all about food or oil or gas or coal he just thinks it all comes from Safeway, Esso and it's bad.
                  If they keep this crap up they will have more than BLM trouble. I can't see farmers letting the government take 40% of there wealth without a fight. Unfortunately most farmers that it will affect immediately are 60 and older. I know I didn't"t work all my life to have some blackface, sparkle sock, trust fund prick take 40% of what three generations took to build,

Comment

Wonder who'll get the right offs when it falls in value again. Aha!
                    I'm thinking this is all inevitable.
                    Not a conspiracy but a societal evolution. Somewhere in the future there are unborn Washingtons and Jeffersons and we start over.

Comment

Originally posted by shortbox View Post
                      If they keep this crap up they will have more than BLM trouble. I can't see farmers letting the government take 40% of there wealth without a fight. Unfortunately most farmers that it will affect immediately are 60 and older. I know I didn't"t work all my life to have some blackface, sparkle sock, trust fund prick take 40% of what three generations took to build,
                      Really ????? many farmers have lost part of their income without mandatory sales reporting and it is struggle to get farmers on board

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Really ????? many farmers have lost part of their income without mandatory sales reporting and it is struggle to get farmers on board
                        There are not enough farmers to mount a resistance. These farm heavy states would have to secede the union. Not sure how that happens.

The solution has to be in these corporate structures. Gates bought all that land through a LLC. I dont think he or bezos would do that if they had to give 40% to the govt.

Comment

As much as a policy like that will hurt individual generational farms it may benefit our industry as a whole. Being born outside a farm family, or being younger than an older sibling that takes over are barriers to entry. The current path just creates bigger and bigger farms with less and less people. No doubt land would be freed up at the end of a career, or a portion would need to be sold at inheritance time.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                            As much as a policy like that will hurt individual generational farms it may benefit our industry as a whole. Being born outside a farm family, or being younger than an older sibling that takes over are barriers to entry. The current path just creates bigger and bigger farms with less and less people. No doubt land would be freed up at the end of a career, or a portion would need to be sold at inheritance time.
                            Its a no win situation to tax generational farms into smaller farms....Bill Gates and Bezos are waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                              Every strategy tried in farming has led to less farmers. This will be no different.

Farmers will just borrow against equity to pay this bill when it comes due. Govts will get their pound of flesh and bankers will get some new loans.

You would be crazy to sell land to go to cash even if its millions. Govt cant devalue farmland like cash unless interest rates go to 20% again which is unlikely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...