Test When is mustard price going to rocket Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

When is mustard price going to rocket

Test
Jan 22, 2021 | 19:58 1 https://mustgrow.ca/mustgrow-achieves-100-control-of-root-rot-disease-infecting-key-plant-based-protein-crops/ Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2021 | 20:21 2 Until sports sees fans planting their butts in seats can’t see a price increase. Unless we all start only eating smokies and hotdogs and sitting on our butts on the couch watching sports, likely status quo for prices.
The Olympics are in jeopardy again this yr .. would they be using mustard in that event? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 22, 2021 | 20:25 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Until sports sees fans planting their butts in seats can’t see a price increase. Unless we all start only eating smokies and hotdogs and sitting on our butts on the couch watching sports, likely status quo for prices.
    The Olympics are in jeopardy again this yr .. would they be using mustard in that event?
    Mustard is dead till Covid goes away .
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 23, 2021 at 08:45.
    Jan 23, 2021 | 08:55 4
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Mustard is dead till Covid goes away .
    Are new crop bids 40 plus cents per pound??? Reply With Quote
    ColevilleH2S's Avatar Jan 23, 2021 | 20:26 5 Even at 40 cents a pound Mustard doesn't pay if your buyer claims this has 23.6% dockage. It's a worse racket than Malt barley ffs.
    Name:  20210117_120035.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  94.7 KB Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• biglentil's Avatar Jan 23, 2021 | 21:19 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
    Even at 40 cents a pound Mustard doesn't pay if your buyer claims this has 23.6% dockage. It's a worse racket than Malt barley ffs.
Size:  94.7 KB
    Too many games Reply With Quote
    Jan 23, 2021 | 21:30 7
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    Too many games
    I am no expert but that doesn't look like 23 percent dockage...And I have paid for mustard cleaning before selling

Lentils might weigh up but they are easy to get out and then they are worth something after... Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Jan 24, 2021 | 00:48 8 I clean every lb before it leaves the farm... screen it first, then spiral the buckwheat and kochia. It's a serious pain in the ass, but theres no surprises when its delivered. Reply With Quote
    Jan 24, 2021 | 01:12 9 I wonder how mustard they will grind up and spray on to get rid of root rot? Reply With Quote
    Jan 24, 2021 | 12:19 10
    Even at 40 cents a pound Mustard doesn't pay if your buyer claims this has 23.6% dockage. It's a worse racket than Malt barley ffs.
Size:  94.7 KB
    Sure doesn't look like 23%. Can't you take that to the Canadian Grain Commission for a resolution? Reply With Quote
    ColevilleH2S's Avatar Jan 24, 2021 | 17:45 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooofty View Post
    Sure doesn't look like 23%. Can't you take that to the Canadian Grain Commission for a resolution?
    The scale sample is supposedly on it's way to the CGC right now for a binding assessment. The way I see it, there is zero risk of them giving it a worse assessment than this one. Reply With Quote
    Jan 24, 2021 | 18:09 12
    The scale sample is supposedly on it's way to the CGC right now for a binding assessment. The way I see it, there is zero risk of them giving it a worse assessment than this one.
    Was the mustard grown on red lentil stubble?
    I “thought” of growing yellow mustard this year, threw idea out the window when i considered the dockage issue I could possibly face. With basically zero weed control chemicals won’t be ever considering it again.
    Edge at $20-24 and Authority for $12-13 ac is a lot of money for chemicals that really only a couple of weeds at best. Reply With Quote
    ColevilleH2S's Avatar Jan 24, 2021 | 20:31 13
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Was the mustard grown on red lentil stubble?...
    Yes it was on Lentil stubble. At the time I wasn't worried about a few volunteer lentils in the Mustard. Looked positively tidy compared to the Flax/Chickpea intercrop. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like