• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corb Lund Is actually a snapping turtle

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Lund Is actually a snapping turtle

Hey you ****ry Music fans- still love this crackpot crooner after he crapped on the new coal mines?

I do. Always have, probably always will.

I also love holidaying in the Eastern slopes.

(Do you not know how to spell country or you’re trying to be clever?)

Comment

I like him too. Open pit coal is a bad idea, especially there. No domestic market for coal. Impact wildlife and destroy a beautiful vista for foreign interests? Go Corb,

Comment

As I understand it, these proposed coal mines are in existing unreclaimed mines, is that correct? Have not followed too closely since they are Not In My Back Yard.

Comment

Corb good.
          Not sure what the strategy was behind the licensing. Mines are deadhorse.

Comment

No Idea on what the mine does, but sounds good .
            Last edited by Toast; Jan 21, 2021, 20:42.

Comment

You can take your marching orders from actors and singers of you like Blaithin, its a free world. Oh and as for my bad speeling, it is what it is.
              Last edited by sumdumguy; Jan 22, 2021, 08:32.

Comment

Good on Corb for making light of a little known issue. The way at which the Alberta govt went about granting the licenses was a bit sleight of hand. The potential jobs and royalties are paltry at best.

Comment

There is a lot of misinformation, just in this short thread.
                  As for coal industry being paltry, Canadian coal exports in 2019 were $7.1 Billion. That is almost as much as all canola seed, oil and meal exports combined at $9.3 Billion. That is not paltry.

Metallurgical coal is hardly a dead horse. If Chuck's fairytail ending is to come true, and we try building enough wind turbines, solar fams, storage, transmissions lines and related infrastructure to transition from fossil fuels, the amount of steel required is nothing short of earth shattering. I follow the promises of making steel without metallurgical coal, every plan seems to involve using fossil fuels instead of coal, in a multistep energy intensive process, all of these promises seem to also involve "then a miracle happens" and they replace the fossil fuels with green dreams at some future date using some as yet unknown technology.
                  Thermal coal may not have a bright future in the era of cheap plentiful natural gas( which won't last forever), but metallurgical coal isn't going anywhere.

And as with all things environmental, if we aren't mining it here, it will be mined somewhere else in the world with lower environmental, safety, labour, reclamation etc standards.

And why are people always up in arms about development in the middle of a jumble of unproductive rocks, which will still be a jumble of unproductive rocks at the end of its short life, but no one cares when the best, most productive farmland is destroyed permanently for urban development?
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 22, 2021, 09:19.

Comment

Most of the actors, musicians and celebrities are very pampered with limited education and don’t have to worry about being unemployed or balancing a budget.
                    (Corb Lund could be the exception with a geology degree and mining experience but I doubt it.)

How much $ will the Alberta economy lose over this?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      Most of the actors, musicians and celebrities are very pampered with limited education and don’t have to worry about being unemployed or balancing a budget.
                      (Corb Lund could be the exception with a geology degree and mining experience but I doubt it.)

How much $ will the Alberta economy lose over this?
                      How can any farmer be against industry? Until now, farmers have been spoiled by a very low tax burden relative to the services we recieve, thanks to a much higher tax burden ( in all forms) on the resource extraction industry. Remove that revenue, and guess who will be left to pay for the bill? Not a hope in H*** that we could outvote the populace who will never accept a reduction in services. Kill the mining industry, kill the energy industry, kill forestry, and we can have the pleasure of paying all the tax bill, along with drastically higher prices for energy, inputs, and every other material we require.

Comment

Alberta is being decimated, and celebrities continue to hammer away - they are wallowing in their undeserved power - and you know who is the next target of their wrath? Think people! We should all be unifying to quash this lunacy or every hope of developing anything in the West is doomed. There will always be someone who doesn’t like this, that or the other but he is a voice in the dark unless he is a “celebrity”.

Comment

I dont know all the details and so dont have a firm opinion, however The Mayor of Crowsnest Pass is in favour of the proposed mine and says the approval rating is between 70 and 80% locally. (main local employment is coal mines already, just across the border in bc) It's the locals that both reap the benefits and suffer the consequences of such a project, not sure it should be up to the rest of us to decide for them.

Dont know the accuracy of this statement but did hear that the Australian company would pay a 7% royalty on coal at home and this project is only 1% royalty. perhaps some adjustment required there.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            You can take your marching orders from actors and singers of you like Blaithin, its a free world. Oh and as for my bad speeling, it is what it is.
                            Somehow I did manage to not support the idea of open pit mining in the eastern slopes BEFORE Corb said he also wasn’t a fan.

He’s also never told me to march anywhere before so I’m unable to take that order.

Am I not allowed to hold a different opinion without it being insinuated that I’m weak and being led by idiots who know no better than they should? (Corb grew up and lives in that area still btw so he’s much closer to the issue than you are. Being a musician should not remove him from being able to hold a valid opinion about something that will effect where he lives.)

You’re entitled to your view sumdumguy, but just because some of us don’t share that same view doesn’t mean we are wastes of space. That is not the place for coal mining.

Comment

The unfortunate part of this is...you can't put a coal mine where there is no coal...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...