• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status of Keystone XL?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    I too like my electric chainsaw for opening ice for the animals...much quieter ...and no issues with gas line deterioration ....
    Electric chainsaw in Saskatchewan = coal powered.

A cobalt mine and petroleum required to manufacture batteries and plastic case as well.

Comment

I'm not so sure heavy oil gets less valuable compared to light crude in a more electrified future.

Light crude provides higher cuts of gasoline, diesel, and aviation fuel than heavy. If we electrify a significant amount of that demand, then light crude loses it's natural advantage. Heavy creates a larger cut of diesel and heavier like asphalt, lubricants and petrochemical feedstock. In a world where gasoline demand declines, heavy oil will yield a greater % of refined product that will still be in demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        Electric chainsaw in Saskatchewan = coal powered.

A cobalt mine and petroleum required to manufacture batteries and plastic case as well.
        Dont clutter my convenience with facts...lmao...

Comment

Dont clutter my convenience with facts...lmao...
          What brand did you buy Milwaukee or DeWalt? Price?
          One of these would actually be handy for carrying in tractor to cut up trees that fall onto edge of field.

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck

Most investors are asking, are the oil sands going to be competitive in a carbon constrained world?[/QUOTE]

Most investors are asking, are the oil sands going to be competitive in a starving world?

I think after day three, the first question becomes less important than the second.

Comment

One of these would actually be handy for carrying in tractor to cut up trees that fall onto edge of field.
              De Walt 12” works well

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                Most investors are asking, are the oil sands going to be competitive in a starving world?

I think after day three, the first question becomes less important than the second.
                And on Day 7, when the elites have the world population whittled down to a very small number which they consider to be sustainable, the oil sands will no longer be needed. Conventional reserves will last half a billion people for a very long time, in their paradise.

Comment

The oil sands get a bad wrap because of the images of open pit mines and dead birds in tailings ponds. Hypocritical you may say considering the considering the components needed for green energy require the same eyesore. Besides, if any of these self proclaimed experts would go up to Fort Mac area you would see a lot of new projects are thermal using desalinated brine for steam and even promising experimental methods with electrics which require no water. Heavy oil has a lot more useful fractions than green light oil.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    The oil sands get a bad wrap because of the images of open pit mines and dead birds in tailings ponds. Hypocritical you may say considering the considering the components needed for green energy require the same eyesore. Besides, if any of these self proclaimed experts would go up to Fort Mac area you would see a lot of new projects are thermal using desalinated brine for steam and even promising experimental methods with electrics which require no water.
                    Used to pull out of Conacher Great Divide south of McMurray. The entire facility on the west side of 63 was hardly any bigger than my farmyard. Entire facility was SAGD, with rows upon rows of wellheads on concrete pads spidering out from the facility using horizontal bores to cover a massive area underneath all the swamp spruce.

Impressive facility pushing some 5-6000 cubes (~35,000bbl) of dilbit a day running at about 50% capacity. All hauled out by truck.

No open pit mines, no tailings ponds... just swamp spruce and swamp creatures running here and there largely unhindered.

Comment

Jason Kenney on Fox News today....you guys that are good at putting up videos I would appreciate it....worth the watch...

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
                        Jason Kenney on Fox News today....you guys that are good at putting up videos I would appreciate it....worth the watch...

Enbridge has a little secret in store for xiden. F him and skippy too.

https://energi.media/markham-on-energy/enbridge-may-have-500000-b-d-solution-to-albertas-pipeline-crisis/ Enbridge may have 500,000 b/d solution to Alberta’s pipeline crisis
                        Last edited by jazz; Jan 22, 2021, 23:47.

Comment

I wonder why the taps are not being closed on the existing pipeline until someone like Biden understands the value of a North American energy industry....
                          Because all the taps in Canada are owned by Americans.

Comment

My boys got me for Christmas a Milwaukee chain saw and wow is all I have to say. It's mostly made of plastic and takes oil for the chain and the batteries are plastic with lithium. So yea we need oil

Comment

Greenworks 16" with a 60v battery from canadian tire....Going on two years cutting the ice..very handy but has to be kept warm.

Comment

Going on 4 years with electric Greenworks and on second chain. Lightweight and fits on quad nice, great for checking fence and other fuel consuming jobs ! oops !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.