Test Biggest farmland owner in the USA Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Biggest farmland owner in the USA

Test
Jan 17, 2021 | 10:23 1 Is Bill Gates.

242,000 acres he now owns.

"If all goes according to plan, in that future (scheduled for 2030!) Bill Gates, et al., will own everything. They’ll be happy."

Things that make you go "Hmmm".

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...ca-11610818582

https://thenewamerican.com/bill-gate...mland-but-why/ Reply With Quote
Jan 17, 2021 | 10:36 2 In Saskatchewan I think its Andjelic, or the CPPIB... Reply With Quote
Jan 17, 2021 | 11:30 3 Guess with his vaccine now ready he can move on to f up some other area. Reply With Quote
Blaithin's Avatar Jan 17, 2021 | 11:49 4 There’s some loophole for defining him as this, probably because he’s a single owner. That’s definitely not the largest farm in America. Many of the big ranches, such as King Ranch, eclipse this amount of acres.

Seems to just be some sort of click bait wording to make it seem like it’s a rare occurrence. Of course a guy like Gates can afford to buy it all in his name and it’s probably a tax write off for him so he wants it to stay in his name vs the farm name so many big guys end up under.
Last edited by Blaithin; Jan 17, 2021 at 11:53.
Jan 17, 2021 | 12:07 5 Reply With Quote
Jan 17, 2021 | 12:20 6 Let me guess the play book here, buy up huge tracts of land in secret. if found out make some statement about sustainable farming which is a hard virtue signal dog whistle for the left.

Then step up and be the first person to donate 30% of your land area to the UN for biodiversity and allow strict overbearing regulation and oversight and inspection of the operation if it adheres to climate policies. Subsidize it with other holdings to make it look profitable. Reward it with bogus carbon credits or some shite, endorse penalties for everyone else.

This would put most farms out of business. Billionaire buddies step in to buy the left overs. Poof global control of the food supply by Oligarchs. Reply With Quote

• Jan 17, 2021 | 12:38 7 I've long thought that if most farms come to be owned by large non-farming entities that we had better get ready to be hungry. History shows many examples. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 17, 2021 | 12:42 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytrails View Post
    I've long thought that if most farms come to be owned by large non-farming entities that we had better get ready to be hungry. History shows many examples.
    And history shows its better to be land holder than peasant serf. Just have to ensure the tyrants cant take it out of our hands.

Probably send interest rates to 20% or cause a great depression for 10yrs. That worked pretty good the last time. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 12:46 9 Hey Sensationalist, you missed this one for some reason while on snap chat.

" The Chinese have recently purchased over 180,000 acres of Texas ranch land near the runway of the US’s largest pilot training base for the Air Force. " Kyle Bass

This happen right under the nose of Trump and his bum buddy Senator Ted Cruz! Didn't notice that one eh Burnt!

You so called "Righties" are amazing, as I recall Bill Gates is an American not Chinese, but of coarse he doesn't vote your way so it's got to be bad. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 12:56 10 Could be trouble never have so many people relied on so few to put food on their table. And a lot of people don't even cut their own grass let alone grow a garden........ kinda scary! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 17, 2021 | 13:11 11 Note that it indicates Gates as being the largest farmland owner. I assume that the differentiating size factor is the productive and real values of farmland vs. ranch land, forests, or desert.

I know that Ted Turner is one of the biggest landowners in the USA. And there may be even larger owners of farmland - just putting out what's there to see.

This video, at 1:57, shows where his holdings are and bears out the significance of the locations.

https://youtu.be/gqD4cRKDEyw?t=117

Jazz, I suspect that you are on the right track. As usual.

foragefarmer, thanks again for your kind support. I consider you to be one of my most loyal fans! Always appreciate it! Here's my autograph just for you - Thank you for your dedicated, adoring support! Sensationalist

And as for how Gates votes - well, you may be surprised to find that he doesn't vote. Why would he since he owns them all anyway? (Except for The Donald, of course/coarse. He couldn't be bought/bot. That's why he had to go.)
    Last edited by burnt; Jan 17, 2021 at 13:18.
  • 3 Likes

• blackpowder's Avatar Jan 17, 2021 | 13:42 12 When you have that amount of money land becomes a part of portfolio. How much owned by pension funds. Of course the best dirt/value first.
    But I agree a little scrutiny is wise. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 17, 2021 | 14:01 13
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    You so called "Righties" are amazing, as I recall Bill Gates is an American not Chinese, but of coarse he doesn't vote your way so it's got to be bad.
    Foreign control or large oligarchies owning food production is not a left nor right issue, it should be condemned no matter where it happens and under whos leadership.

Chinese often use expat holding consortiums to buy up land under the guise of legit investment arms just like Gates did. Pretty hard to track unless someone really digs into it. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 17, 2021 | 15:12 14 Ted Turner bought the ranches to raise buffalo with the goal of having a continuous route from Montana to the Southwest so his buffalo could range as they did pre Columbus but got kind of waylaid in those years when buffalo were virtually worthless and he had to shift big capital to retail storefront to move production.
    Haven't heard much about him lately.
    Maybe that idea died. Reply With Quote
    Jan 19, 2021 | 07:02 15 Globalism
    Bill Gates Buying Up Huge Amount of Farmland While ‘Great Reset’ Tells Americans Future is No Private Property

Feudalism makes a roaring comeback in the name of progress.

https://summit.news/2021/01/15/bill-...vate-property/

Hmmm, Billy G must not have gotten the memo.

Or maybe he wrote it? And Jeff delivered it? Reply With Quote
    Jan 19, 2021 | 07:32 16 Wealth distribution amongst the peasants while the rich get richer ...
    even msm is starting to realize what’s going on .
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 19, 2021 at 07:36.
  • 1 Like