Test Bill C12 - Death knell for Canada Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Bill C12 - Death knell for Canada

Test
Jan 17, 2021 | 07:04 1 Mind boggling.

"Opinion: Why ENGOs love Bill C-12: They wrote it

In Canada, our environmental laws are now almost literally being written by the ENGOs"

"Bill C-12, the Canadian Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act, effectively makes Canada one of the few countries in the world to enshrine its Paris accord commitments into law. Although not highly publicized, this was the Liberals’ main environmental platform plank during the 2019 election campaign..."

https://financialpost.com/opinion/op...-they-wrote-it Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER's Avatar Jan 17, 2021 | 07:49 2 Oh just wait this is all tied to Seed tax the code of ethics for farmers etc etc etc. Just wait, you won't know farming in 2 years if Skippy gets his mandate. Reply With Quote
Jan 17, 2021 | 07:52 3 The death knell for Canada came when Trudeau was elected....he is a corrupt and unethical liar.... Reply With Quote

• Jan 17, 2021 | 08:14 4 Wilkinson is an NDP left over hack that was run out of the province the same time that party was destroyed here. Moved to the left coast and now he pops up to push his BS.

And over at the Canola Growers site, they claim they are working with the govt for industry access to the clean fuel standard. Boy are they in for a shock. The feds dont want to work with you and you look like fools trying. Same thing as the carbon taxes. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 08:24 5 Going from Freedom to farm to being paid not to farm.

BIDEN VOWS TO PAY FARMERS TO PLANT COVER CROPS AND PUT LAND IN CONSERVATION

Wonder how many will want to do that with $6 corn and $14 soybeans. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 08:30 6 I struggle some years to get one crop off let alone adding the trouble of a covercrop to the mix...

While I see the value in such things....I can tell you all I have tried growing tillage radish on 3/4 of land one year a few years back....

The key ingredient to its success is moisture.....The mix was oats and tillage radish....neither did worth a shit because it didn't phucking rain.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• GDR
    Jan 17, 2021 | 09:26 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Going from Freedom to farm to being paid not to farm.

BIDEN VOWS TO PAY FARMERS TO PLANT COVER CROPS AND PUT LAND IN CONSERVATION

Wonder how many will want to do that with $6 corn and $14 soybeans.
    Too bad they didnt give a per acre number in the article would be curious to know how much. 20yrs ago I spent some time in Kentucky and there were lots of fields seeded to grass and those were in those programs. They get paid to seed it down and then per acre per year afterwards, there was a minimum term. Can't remember how much but do remember it sounded like a good deal. This was in a really good red dirt area. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 09:40 8
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Too bad they didnt give a per acre number in the article would be curious to know how much. 20yrs ago I spent some time in Kentucky and there were lots of fields seeded to grass and those were in those programs. They get paid to seed it down and then per acre per year afterwards, there was a minimum term. Can't remember how much but do remember it sounded like a good deal. This was in a really good red dirt area.
    That was the response to the 80s gluts, back then I seem to remember $20 an acre or something like that. It was a good deal for lots of marginal lands.

But US farmers are poised to rake in some major cash in the supply shortages. I mean $1100 per ac corn and $800 ac soybeans?

Nobody is going to take a govt cheque to put land back under CRP. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 09:49 9
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    That was the response to the 80s gluts, back then I seem to remember $20 an acre or something like that. It was a good deal for lots of marginal lands.

But US farmers are poised to rake in some major cash in the supply shortages. I mean $1100 per ac corn and $800 ac soybeans?

Nobody is going to take a govt cheque to put land back under CRP.
    Some will because the cure for high prices is high prices....some guys just like to average out things...using CRP to have cattle might not be a bad bet ...because in the cattle business the cure for low prices is low prices...

the usual harmonic curves between grain and cattle seem to be coming back into the opposite waves which is the normal of a historical perspective.... Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 10:12 10
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Too bad they didnt give a per acre number in the article would be curious to know how much. 20yrs ago I spent some time in Kentucky and there were lots of fields seeded to grass and those were in those programs. They get paid to seed it down and then per acre per year afterwards, there was a minimum term. Can't remember how much but do remember it sounded like a good deal. This was in a really good red dirt area.
    I believe that 80,s set aside price was like an auction and you bid in your own land at the price you were willing to take.
    I think they had a pot of money and took as many acres as the budget whould cover.
    Caused big problems in some areas as the owners moved to retirment states and no economic activity for local economy.
    Government program gone wrong.
    Surprize! Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 13:12 11
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    Mind boggling.

"Opinion: Why ENGOs love Bill C-12: They wrote it

In Canada, our environmental laws are now almost literally being written by the ENGOs"

"Bill C-12, the Canadian Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act, effectively makes Canada one of the few countries in the world to enshrine its Paris accord commitments into law. Although not highly publicized, this was the Liberals’ main environmental platform plank during the 2019 election campaign..."

https://financialpost.com/opinion/op...-they-wrote-it
    If you came out with $900 million stuffed in your bank account after giving out a bunch of tax payers money you would be in favour of it to. Reply With Quote
    Jan 17, 2021 | 13:17 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shtferbrains View Post
    I believe that 80,s set aside price was like an auction and you bid in your own land at the price you were willing to take.
    I think they had a pot of money and took as many acres as the budget whould cover.
    Caused big problems in some areas as the owners moved to retirment states and no economic activity for local economy.
    Government program gone wrong.
    Surprize!
    That program killed North Dakota in the 80's you could go down and buy equipment dirt cheap. Many from Manitoba did, Ghost towns everywhere. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 17, 2021 | 15:36 13 Turn Saskatchewan into a ghost town. Who would like that most? Reply With Quote