• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global warming eh?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global warming eh?

Check this out:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bitter-cold-brings-chaos-global-072341642.html

That was totally unexpected.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bitter-cold-brings-chaos-global-072341642.html https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bitter-cold-brings-chaos-global-072341642.html

Comment

hopefully greta is frozen

Comment

Weather event or climate change? Here is your first clue. The first 2 words of the article " Freezing weather...."

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Weather event or climate change? Here is your first clue. The first 2 words of the article " Freezing weather...."
          But a few weeks ago you were using weather events and claiming they are evidence of climate change.
          The greatest risk on my farm is always weather. If I get 1/2 a crop next year because of drought or flood, the losses will amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars of lost income that will make the impact of a carbon tax look insignificant.

Climate scientists have already identified the increasing frequency of extreme weather events as symptomatic of climate change
          Make up your mind. You look as hypocritical as a politician flying to exotic destinations in the middle of a pandemic.

Comment

If northern areas were experiencing balmy temperatures, that would be front page news 24/7. News about exceptionally cold weather generally gets buried.

Comment

I watch the weather, ahem, sorry, climate in various places around the world. Check out Yakutsk Siberia. They are in one of the 9 000 000 areas of the world, warming at fifteen times the rate of anywhere else in the world.

Pretty darn chilly there. Again. Like usual. Here I thought the climate change was a grave threat? I is 55 C looks fairly dangerous, no?

Comment

The article is from Bloomberg which is normally quite far left and it mentions the fact that unreliable sources of energy is life threatening under these circumstances. Who would have thought that might be the case? Oh yeah...everybody who's brain is functioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  I watch the weather, ahem, sorry, climate in various places around the world. Check out Yakutsk Siberia. They are in one of the 9 000 000 areas of the world, warming at fifteen times the rate of anywhere else in the world.
                  Pretty darn chilly there. Again. Like usual. Here I thought the climate change was a grave threat? I is 55 C looks fairly dangerous, no?
                  I know someone from Yakutsk. From being the key word, as it is a good place to be from. Especially in the winter.
                  I just looked up their weather records.
                  The hottest month in records going back to 1834 has been July 1894, with a mean of +23.2*°C (73.8*°F)
                  I'm sure Chuck has an explanation as to why that record Has held through 124 years of global warming.
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 15, 2021, 16:20.

Comment

"Climate scientists have already identified the increasing frequency of extreme weather events as symptomatic of climate change"

HA HA gotcha...there are words but you all know them anyway...

Comment

Right from the start anyone with half a brain could see this Global Warming idea was just a political scam!

I can see how people that live in the artificial World that we call cities could be fooled but i can't believe that Farmers that deal with climate every day could be fooled! I guess blinded by their ideology.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        I know someone from Yakutsk. From being the key word, as it is a good place to be from. Especially in the winter.
                        I just looked up their weather records.
                        I'm sure Chuck has an explanation as to why that record Has held through 124 years of global warming.
                        JHC , ab5, its just weather
                        if they say its warming , then it is , weather records are irrelevant ?
                        sheep even said , that place is warming way faster than anywhere else ,lucky thing or it would be as cold as mars

Comment

2020 was Earth’s 2nd-hottest year, just behind 2016

January 14, 2021

It’s official: 2020 ranks as the second-hottest year on record for the planet, knocking 2019 down to third hottest, according to an analysis by NOAA scientists.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/2020-was-earth-s-2nd-hottest-year-just-behind-2016 https://www.noaa.gov/news/2020-was-earth-s-2nd-hottest-year-just-behind-2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-2020-GLOBAL-LAND-OCEAN-TEMPERATURE-PERCENTILES-MAP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	770678
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 16, 2021, 09:58.

Comment

Yawn....hottest in 100 yrs of records. Did NOAA check 50,000 yrs ago?

Talk about cognitive bias.

Meaningless data point in the history of post glacial earth.

But I am sure the cbc crowd is frothing.

Comment

https://www.globalchange.gov/browse/multimedia/%EF%BF%BCseparating-human-and-natural-influences-climate https://www.globalchange.gov/browse/multimedia/%EF%BF%BCseparating-human-and-natural-influences-climate

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAQ_global_temperature_time_series_v5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	770679

The green band shows how global average temperature would have changed due to natural forces only, as simulated by climate models. The blue band shows model simulations of the effects of human and natural factors combined. The black line shows observed global average temperatures. As indicated by the green band, without human influences, temperature over the past century would actually have cooled slightly over recent decades. The match up of the blue band and the black line illustrate that only the inclusion of human factors can explain the recent warming. (Figure source: adapted from Huber and Knutti, 201212).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.