• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Price

Got to take a pit price on a load of canola yesterday, $14.55. Makes that Dec contract I hauled at the beginning of week look pretty cheap $12.00. Also sold some Sept for $12.00. I figure wall to wall yellow coming and if it rains maybe $10.00 off combine and if it doesn't rain just combine all day into truck and take it home when you get tired! Then next morning haul to elevator and dump save getting bin all dirty. On way home pick up beer and sign up for marketing course.

As long as everyone jumps on the yellow train and not the blue train its all good....no money in flax....

And where is hobby with his most excellent advice????????

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      Got to take a pit price on a load of canola yesterday, $14.55. Makes that Dec contract I hauled at the beginning of week look pretty cheap $12.00. Also sold some Sept for $12.00. I figure wall to wall yellow coming and if it rains maybe $10.00 off combine and if it doesn't rain just combine all day into truck and take it home when you get tired! Then next morning haul to elevator and dump save getting bin all dirty. On way home pick up beer and sign up for marketing course.
      It will be interesting for new crop pricing. For me the take away from the market outlook from the online meetings in Saskatoon was pretty bullish oil seeds the way I read it. Yes a big Canola crop in 2021 can have an effect on oil seed prices but soy production in SA and the US will have a way bigger effect. It seems the world is out of oil seed? I still wonder with China supposed to hold so much of the world wheat stocks on paper, is this false? If it is then wheat is seriously undervalued.

Comment

and no one is asking the experts where all the canola went ?
        wheat will be the same

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          and no one is asking the experts where all the canola went ?
          wheat will be the same
          Wheat went to china......that movement should be known from last August sometime....uuhhh ...in Late March...

Comment

CANOLA seed all sold out.
            Didn't you get the memo?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              As long as everyone jumps on the yellow train and not the blue train its all good....no money in flax....

And where is hobby with his most excellent advice????????
              I know one guy that usually grows a bit of flax now and then is putting in a thousand acres. every second guy is asking for seed.

Look out below.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                I know one guy that usually grows a bit of flax now and then is putting in a thousand acres. every second guy is asking for seed.

Look out below.
                Which is why there is no money to made in flax....I have flax that was grown off certified going into the ground in 2020....now I don't know if it is worth cleaning. ..

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Which is why there is no money to made in flax....I have flax that was grown off certified going into the ground in 2020....now I don't know if it is worth cleaning. ..
                  Even the ole man is tossing out the B and F words....Been decades for both....

Comment

" I hauled at the beginning of week look pretty cheap $12.00."

You and everyone else. A risk to price and a risk not to price...throw a dart. Just use common sense, good luck because we don't know the future and we are not informed by the trade....flying blind. Who do you believe? Backyarditus cost a pile of potential this crop.

Comment

Even at dart throwing i always seemed to have to buy the beers at the local pub !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.