• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storm what storm. Yea it wasn't bad wind got up to just under 100km.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm what storm. Yea it wasn't bad wind got up to just under 100km.

Farm weather station shows last night after midnight the wind picked up fast and topped at 98km so not as bad as some in other areas.

We started the day off with Rain, Nice steady rain that was fun to drive on at the beginning but then the traffic kept it good till dark.

About 8 in Regina the Second wave hit with snow and then the wind picked up. Lots of plastic garbage containers are missing this morning.

No paper today maybe a good thing would have blown out of the mailbox probably.

Trees down in a few spots.

What did others have happened?

Highways are shut in all directions early today out of Regina.

Oh, wait it's the same day as Saskatoon Ag events. Doesn't it always storm?

Yes, it has since I went to the UofS years ago this week had storms.

Climate hasn't changed just stupid people have.

One good thing is the temp is not -30 now
    Sometimes when these clippers go through , and they do nearly every year , the backside of the low ushers in arctic air.

Still only -3 here . Looks to be stable temps even after NW wind calms
    Nice change 👍

Comment

Howled for a bit up here in the woods. Cant tell if it’s windy in our yard or not. Settled down pretty quick. Not near as bad as they said. Again. Diddly for precip.

Comment

We got a rain storm that just phucked the roads and yards. Lots of accidents. Now it’s snowing

Comment

Lots of wind.
          Bugger all snow.
          Field looks like we lost alot.
          The 2/10ths of rain would have been nice in June.

Comment

East central (Buchanan).

No significant snowfall. Started raining late afternoon yesterday and some wind overnight but the snow is all compacted in the fields so really nothing moving around. Apparently the local highways were bad - some locals on FB reporting they found the ditch and the local tow truck guy must have responded to a bad accident near Preeceville.

It could always be worse - I'll take almost zero any day over -30 for weeks on end. If this is glowbull warming then bring it on.

Comment

Regina house exposed to the west. All bare facia on north and west side gone. Shingles ok. Crap laying all over street. Condos east of us replacing balconies. Crew had neat stack of blocking 2x4’s stacked ready to put in. I don’t know where they went

Comment

Oh shit, it's recycle day have to go look for our green container.

Comment

We had a good tenth of rain last night. The backyard rink looked like a backyard pool.

School is cancelled today, but other then some wind, it seems like the blizzard warning is a dud.

Comment

We had winds of 100 km with gusts of 150. First there was rain then a couple inches of wet snow. Windows are snowed over. I haven't been out yet but I think it was better to get the wind in the winter than the summer. Everything was crusted over with snow so only shingles and trees to worry about.

Comment

A 7 mile drive into Regina at 1:00 a.m. took 2.5 hours, not a hope of making it home on pavement. 140 km. Winds recorded at Rouleau. News is lots of damage SE of Regina - new sheds with concrete floors gone - only a few walls laying around.
                      Last edited by sumdumguy; Jan 14, 2021, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        A 7 mile drive into Regina at 1:00 a.m. took 2.5 hours, not a hope of making it home on pavement. 140 km. Winds recorded at Rouleau.
                        Said max gusts to 122kmh here south side of Regina. House rattled all night long.

Hearing the Harbour Landing sub got hit hard.

Good thing the hopper bins are all still full.

Comment

Comment

95km gusts here. Yard kind of cuts it down a bit but was still windy. Cows had one break out. Lost an eavestrough on the house but otherwise no damage that I’ve run into. The weak trees got taken out a couple years ago when it was extra windy every two weeks.

No bins gone and they’re almost all empty out back and would be getting it full force. See what the work looks like when I leave the yard later.

No rain or snow here, just wind.

Comment

House rattled all night, thankfully lots of trees NW side. Just willow leaves on snow. Very little fresh snow. Lots of claims to increase Ins Premiums...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.