Test EPA Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

EPA

Test
Jan 11, 2021 | 09:53 1 Michael Regan

Hopefully will restore the EPA once Andrew Wheeler is tossed out like an old maga hat. Reply With Quote
Jan 11, 2021 | 10:14 2 WOW are you a complete MORON!!!!
The EPA is run be extreme enviro-wacko's and California type nut-jobs with absolutely ZERO understanding of how the IDIOTIC rules and oppressive costs affect the primary businesses in north america.

Farm equipment, mining/industrial and highway trucks have been made unreliable, extremely expensive and actually create more pollution and wasted resources now!!

Not to mention how the new "energy efficient" ratings and mandates have ruined things like refrigerators etc, use less power but companies have moved manufacturing offshore because of the EPA rules and now quality has been reduced to cut costs and large items that would last 25+ years are lucky to make 5!! Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Jan 11, 2021 | 10:16 3 F*CK the EPA, ruining engines, wasting fuel, costing $$$ across the globe, Enviro Wackos be dammed.
    No doubt a "make work" project for rule makers/compliance checkers. Enviro Police soon to be here, Lockdown Police types. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jan 11, 2021 | 11:50 4 We are living in a ****oo nest. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 11, 2021 | 11:54 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ry0972 View Post
    WOW are you a complete MORON!!!!
    The EPA is run be extreme enviro-wacko's and California type nut-jobs with absolutely ZERO understanding of how the IDIOTIC rules and oppressive costs affect the primary businesses in north america.

Farm equipment, mining/industrial and highway trucks have been made unreliable, extremely expensive and actually create more pollution and wasted resources now!!

Not to mention how the new "energy efficient" ratings and mandates have ruined things like refrigerators etc, use less power but companies have moved manufacturing offshore because of the EPA rules and now quality has been reduced to cut costs and large items that would last 25+ years are lucky to make 5!!
    The way these large appliances have filled landfills is nothing short of criminal Reply With Quote

• Jan 11, 2021 | 12:07 6 interesting...watched W5 or the fifth estate a while back and these blue box crazies seen that their recycling went to the same landfill even though they were paying for a blue box....

Doubt they ever did shit about....kept drinking the koolaid... Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• fjlip's Avatar Jan 11, 2021 | 12:25 7 Great topic recycle DOES NOT PAY, ANSWER that you Enviro/Climate change lefty NWO CRAZIES!
    Same file as GREEN energy, EPA engine screwup. Change for sake of change? If it isn't broke DON"T fix it! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• blackpowder's Avatar Jan 11, 2021 | 21:52 8 Strange how pre def engines bring a big premium. Like Cuba here yet. Reply With Quote
    Jan 11, 2021 | 22:32 9
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    The way these large appliances have filled landfills is nothing short of criminal
    I have discussed replacing my existing furnace in my house which was installed in 1993 with my local plumber with a new high efficiency furnace. He said not to touch it until I have to. He said the new high efficiency natural gas furnaces are much less dependable with a life expectancy of 8-10 years. So my question is this, how much better is it for the planet if you have to build 3 furnaces to last as long as the one I bought in 1993. Really unfortunate that government and those who support them are really this intellectually challenged. Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Jan 12, 2021 | 07:31 10 1988 furnace here, same discussion. Has had repairs but still working. The sad thing is that essential parts are no longer available. If one of those quits, furnace is useless. Weak points are either engineered into new stuff, OR computer modelling as in Climate and Virus "modelling", is FLAWED! Guaranteed replacements and repairs make the economy go round. AKA Def sensors in all new engines. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 07:45 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    I have discussed replacing my existing furnace in my house which was installed in 1993 with my local plumber with a new high efficiency furnace. He said not to touch it until I have to. He said the new high efficiency natural gas furnaces are much less dependable with a life expectancy of 8-10 years. So my question is this, how much better is it for the planet if you have to build 3 furnaces to last as long as the one I bought in 1993. Really unfortunate that government and those who support them are really this intellectually challenged.
    2009 new HE furnace in our house, had to have the entire guts replaced 2 yrs ago and then a new burner put in this year. Lots of little maintenance in between. 3 water heaters in 10 yrs. My parents house has a late 80s furnace and AC and water heater and softener from a few yrs later. ZERO maintenance.

This new stuff all has inferior components which blow out after a while. Now we just rent the water heater. Year old and a valve blew and they had to come replace it. Couldnt get it to reseat.

So I gained 2% efficiency on a furnace and had to rebuild it twice in a decade. Engineered failure. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 09:05 12 I have a high efficiency furnace about 25 years old and a high efficiency boiler that is 20 years old. Both are still working fine with only relatively small repairs needed. Both have paid for them selves with savings.

Experienced plumbers know which brands are better and will steer you in the right direction.

Put a surge protector on your electrical service panel to help protect electronic controls in your whole house. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 09:11 13 As far as the EPA. "Those who shit in their own drinking water lead a short and shitty life"

There is a reason why we have rules and regulations to protect the air and water we all need. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Jan 12, 2021 | 10:09 14 Anyone would agree to that.
    Its become so much more. Reply With Quote

• Jan 12, 2021 | 10:28 15
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Anyone would agree to that.
    Its become so much more.
    What useful idiots like Chuck fail to comprehend with their simplistic statements such as that, is that by taking environmental regulations to the extreme in one country, the only outcome is to make industry non competitive to the point that the industry is forced to move to a different country without the heavy handed regulations. Where they are free to pollute at will, into the air and water and land that we all share.

There is a compromise somwhere in the middle. A compromise that would keep industries in first world countries where we can have some oversight into their environmental footprint, but not so much that we force them offshore and lose all control, and the net effect on the global environment is much much worse than if they had stayed here.

And the useful idiots should be the ones most in favour of a compromise, since their green dream of electric cars, solar panels, batteries etc is completely reliant on rare earth metals. And rare earth metals mining and especially processing is taking place almost exclusively in China and a few other 3rd world countries under horrific to non existent environmental conditions. Not only can those industries be held hostage to China, but it makes a farce of the idea that there is anything green about those technologies when there is such a disasterous environmental footprint. Which is entirely avoidable if these industries were allowed to exist in first world countries, where we do have abundant deposits, and the technology to mine and process responsibly.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 12, 2021 at 10:37.
  • 2 Likes

• Jan 12, 2021 | 10:59 16 Would hope that compromise includes Canada-US agreement about use of carbon taxes.
    Looking for suggestions how to get back on track for trade policy and away from America First.
    Agriculture associations policy talks might discuss this.
    Seems we have gotten away from seeking compromise. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 12:24 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
    Would hope that compromise includes Canada-US agreement about use of carbon taxes.
    Looking for suggestions how to get back on track for trade policy and away from America First.
    Agriculture associations policy talks might discuss this.
    Seems we have gotten away from seeking compromise.
    I don't think there is any getting away from America first.
    If you follow Zeihan, this is only getting stronger. A lot of naive people think Trump was an aberration, and not the new normal, and are going to be sadly disappointed that the new guy stays on the same path.
    Which leaves the only solution for the productive parts of Canada being to join them. We are not going to force them to take the same destructive policies that we take. The Democrats actually want to get elected again, destroying their economy doesn't accomplish that. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 18:32 18 If Regan is still head of the EPA by the end of Harris's second term in 2032, hopefully atrazine, dicamba, the organophosphates, chlorpyrifos, paraquat etc are distant memories Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 18:52 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Lurking View Post
    If Regan is still head of the EPA by the end of Harris's second term in 2032, hopefully atrazine, dicamba, the organophosphates, chlorpyrifos, paraquat etc are distant memories
    In 2032 there will be 9.5B people on this planet, up from 7.8B today.

So your vote is for starvation. Nice. How progressive of you. Reply With Quote
    Jan 13, 2021 | 08:48 20
    Quote Originally Posted by ry0972 View Post
    WOW are you a complete MORON!!!!

Not to mention how the new "energy efficient" ratings and mandates have ruined things like refrigerators etc, use less power but companies have moved manufacturing offshore because of the EPA rules and now quality has been reduced to cut costs and large items that would last 25+ years are lucky to make 5!!
    The USA and California have stricter environmental rules in many cases than Canada. So A5 must be living in La La land already since he wants to join them.

Have you not noticed the air quality problems in and around LA? The air looks like a brown cloud. If you think that is a great and a good thing to breathe, turn the truck on in your garage for 5 minutes and see how you like it.

Its not the EPA's fault that many manufacturers knowingly build in poor quality so that appliances, machinery, and tech fail. That is how they keep selling more crap. If they made everything of high quality to last they would be much less profitable.

Many of the manufacturers of crap are american companies who purposely send their production off shore where there are lower labour costs and weak or non-existant environmental rules. Its' good for business! Reply With Quote
    ajl
    Jan 13, 2021 | 09:04 21 Environmental wackiness is only going to up until the government is broke. The banning of useful chemicals, nutrient management plans, obsoleting of older equipment, bureaucratic oversight of farms, government jurisdiction of flowing water etc will do nothing but increase. Due to flooding we had run off across our farm till early August. President Trump stood in the way of all this but the president select will be fanning the flames. President Trump also helped restrain madness here north of the border as well but if the US is doing it, our wackos will not stop. Time to get retired snivel servants to stop Lurking on this board. Reply With Quote
    Jan 13, 2021 | 09:10 22 Lots of farmers will happily illegally drain their farmland no matter whether it floods out the neighbors or hurt the environment. So the only way top prevent this is to enforce effective drainage regulations. Reply With Quote
    Jan 13, 2021 | 10:41 23
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    As far as the EPA. "Those who shit in their own drinking water lead a short and shitty life"

There is a reason why we have rules and regulations to protect the air and water we all need.
    This is actually a really good analogy, and solution.

But does anyone really think that by adding 3 words, the outcome is any better?

"Those who shit in their neighbors own drinking water lead all to a short and shitty life"

Beause this is exactly what we are doing by sending our environmentally damaging industries off shore. It is still our water, and our air, and our soil(eventually) and food supply and children that are being contaminated when China is the one releasing the toxins. We still have only one planet. The water cycle, wind, erosion, contaminated products, contaminated foods, all bring those pollutants around the world.

It is interesting that one of the ways of dating ice cores etc. is looking for traces of heavy metals, which indicate humans were practicing metallurgy somewhere on the globe at that time. On such a small insignificant scale compared to now, yet the fingerprints show up in the high arctic etc. And we think that by sending nasty industries to China, we can call ourselves green?
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 13, 2021 at 10:59.
    LEP
    Jan 13, 2021 | 11:10 24
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Lots of farmers will happily illegally drain their farmland no matter whether it floods out the neighbors or hurt the environment. So the only way top prevent this is to enforce effective drainage regulations.
    That's right. I remember Bernie Wiens got nailed for diverting the natural waterflow for his benefit. Reply With Quote
    Jan 13, 2021 | 12:00 25
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    That's right. I remember Bernie Wiens got nailed for diverting the natural waterflow for his benefit.
    Typical NDP Reply With Quote