• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal projects that every one has?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal projects that every one has?

Today we got the front on and some wiring and sheet metal. Remade the front grill last summer painted and put back in tractor.

This is one of a dozen or so we have.

A 830 JD diesel early electric start tractor.

Stuck here may as well work and play a bit in the shop.

What are others projects you have done or on the go or will be some day.

Next is a 1928 JD D and a 430 Crawler that my youngest is working on.

Don’t have a shop, the money, or the time right now, but I have a few projects I would love to do someday.

D14 Allis Chalmers
    1963 Chev half ton
    I want to find a real nice JD 6030. I don’t know why, but to me they’re so cool.

Comment

Finish harvest........last 60t in sight.

Then love job for mate diesel and beer 100 acres of ryecorn

Comment

I've always liked the 830 Deere, good lugging power, you could pull it down enough to count the fan blades.
        Good job on the grill, anybody whose worked metal knows that wasn't made during coffee break.

Comment

I grew up driving a JD R, an 820, a G and A. The R and 820 both had the pup start and I really thought I'd done it when I could start them.

We still have the G. It runs and it would be my project to finish painting it this winter but thie damn hernia surgery has everything on hold.

Comment

Still working on my planted aquarium. Bought fish for it last week! They’re in quarantine.

Much smaller scale than restoring old equipment but I’m poor, don’t have a shop and didn’t receive the gene to be that interested in old equipment to begin with 😆

Paint job looks snazzy though!

Comment

"A 830 JD diesel early electric start tractor."
              This farm had one, spent many hours on it , 1966-1971.

Comment

We had a neighbour who had like three when I was a very young boy. He hooked two together and I remember him farming with them.

Comment

Nice pictures....but do you think John Deere builds something as reliable today?

When I look back at the tractors I drove as a kid ...I had much less trouble with Deere tractors than the ones of today...

Worst case scenario there is still a 4440 that after an hour being plugged in will start to do chores if needed...

I don't know what Donaldson salesman got the pictures and videos of the John deere air intake/filter design team....but they have to be quite well shot ...because the air intake system is garbage on most deere tractors today...when you look back at what use to farm this country in the pictures above...

Comment

Love the pics of your 830 !!! The first tractor I learned to drive was a 1956 JD model 60. Spent a lot of time baling hay with that old girl, and it never let us down. hundreds of hours of pto work was done with that tractor. After that it was a JD 3020, which was a real step up from the old hand clutch. Now I have a 1964 JD 4020 , which has had a " working restoration" done to it ( rebuilt motor , clutch, repainted hood, etc ), and I want to do a 12 volt conversion to the charging system this winter. here's hoping !

My Dad had a 830 back in the late 60's. He said it was a damn powerful tractor for a 2 cylinder.

These are the topics I like to see on here at Agriville.

Comment

One of my Finds right on the USA canada border south of Regina.

A BR and a special A single wheel

Life is a Big project from start to finish.

Comment

Any thing van be hand made with a little help from today’s machines

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Which one are you the bigger fan of... JD, or Lululemon?

Comment

The wife wanted something on it as well.

Projects are fun. That porch was a working project with my two boys a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Which one are you the bigger fan of... JD, or Lululemon?
                              When your wifes not around you can tell your freinds thats a Leachman Livestock hairpin brand.
                              Leachman had a reputation like they are trying to show on Yellowstone.
                              The had some wild bull sales.
                              Free booze for about a week.
                              Big high dollar event back in the day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...