• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Covid Lockdown

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Covid Lockdown

After almost 6 weeks, partially ends Monday with kids back to school, activities resume.
    Rest gets lifted Friday.

Masks have been worn everywhere for months, families stayed apart at xmas and new years. Our kids only left the house to go sledding a few times and my wife out once or twice a week for essentials. My wife and I tore our hair out trying to deliver online education to 2 kids and take care of a restless toddler.

Even the bog box stores had to comply this time only allowed 25% capacity for last 10 days.

The result? Didnt work again.

Should we try for insanity a third time?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/covid-19-saskatchewan-case-numbers-1.5866592 COVID-19 in Sask: 2 weeks after Christmas, province reports 4th-highest bump in cases to date

Health care workers refusing vaccine

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-vaccine-health-workers-676e03a99badfd5ce3a6cfafe383f6af?utm_source=Twitte r&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP Vaccine rollout hits snag as health workers balk at shots
    Last edited by jazz; Jan 8, 2021, 18:09.

The narrative though now jazz, is that people dared to defy the order over Christmas. So again, it’s our fault, not the useless masks and overblown “cases”.

Comment

Queensland some of you may have been there.

Population 5.2 million.

Could be wrong but don’t think so, 6 deaths from covid since March or when ever it started.

Capital in lockdown at moment and varying degrees across rural qld.

Outbreaks this week of uk strain and possible entry of South African strain.

Hence new lockdown.

Two lines of thought.

Geez qld/Australia has got this right and envy of the world.

Other line of thought what a bunch of Henny Pennys panicking.

My state SA think only 3 maybe 4 covid deaths we’ve been locked down a few times.

Borders between states all shut down at different times.

Right or wrong no idea most just get on with life as best we can with constraints covid has caused.

Every time I enter a shop cafe bussiness what ever have to flash my phone with the covid tracking stuff again no huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Every time I enter a shop cafe bussiness what ever have to flash my phone with the covid tracking stuff again no huge deal.
        Was that sarcasm or are you OK with that? I'll lock myself in the house and starve to death before I ever submit to that.

Comment

"The result? Didn't work again.

Should we try for insanity a third time?"

I have been saying to everyone, the CASES will get worse till April, so far I am correct. NOTHING makes a difference, especially the MASKS!
          Cold dry air is the issue, gets into peoples EYES and you have a slight viral load, a cold, sniffles, and old/sick/compromised DIE. Those die everyday, every year. No regular flu, hardly any heart attack deaths? Think people.
          Last edited by fjlip; Jan 8, 2021, 19:54.

Comment

I'd like to know why so different in different countries.
            Not an Aville brouhaha, but a real study.

Comment

mallee, maybe lock downs are more tolerable in a temperate climate - at least you can wander around the farm or even sit in your back yard in the cities, but in canada, in January with only 6 hours of daylight its a little different. Feels like prison to me. Summer spent in the field, winter stuck in the house.

And going to stores or a restaurant and having to check in like you are on day parole and then sit behind plexiglass all while trying to dodge people is bullshite.

Depressed is the word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                I'd like to know why so different in different countries.
                Not an Aville brouhaha, but a real study.
                REAL facts are suppressed, good luck with truth.

Comment

It would have been many times worse by now without everyone doing their best.
                  Impossible to get to zero cases.

So far SK is in the win column. Hugely
                  R naught of 3 without any restrictions. Now, get out the calculator
                  Last edited by farming101; Jan 8, 2021, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    It would have been many times worse by now without everyone doing their best.
                    Impossible to get to zero cases.

So far SK is in the win column. Hugely
                    R naught of 3 without any restrictions. Now, get out the calculator
                    To know anything works, just like the vaccine, you need to compare it against the null case.

Nobody did that except Sweden and they dont look any worse off than anybody else.

Why is the govt allowing our airlines to go out of business? We only have 2 carriers. $400B wasted.

https://calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/westjet-announces-more-layoffs-route-reductions WestJet announces more layoffs, route reductions in response to federal COVID test requirement
                    Last edited by jazz; Jan 8, 2021, 20:29.

Comment

No 2 countries will have the same outcome. However,
                      Sweden: 2.84X more cases per million than Canada
                      3.23X more cases per million that SK

2.11X more deaths per million than Canada
                      5.93X more deaths per million than SK

Comment

I’ve got a feeling that Mallee should be feeling so good or secure on the Ausi prevention measures.

In fact I’ll bet that it get worse, sorry Mallee , hunker down and wait for better vaccines, time has a way of healing.

Comment

Could be right I don’t get stressed about any of the measures the phone flashing at bar code things etc etc.

Vaccine seems Australia at end of the line March is being talked about now.

Not sure maybe it’s cause we have stuff all cases.

I’m as right wing as ya get well within limits ain’t dyed my hair orange but no big deal the covid tracking/tracing.

You guys may not believe me that’s your prerogative but it’s not even talked about defying it.

If you haven’t got a phone you fill out paper work name address home phone time you entered building etc.

Some guys were putting Mickey Mouse as there name etc, the Prime minister came out with a press conference and said please don’t be dickheads about this. Think that was his exact words.

Can’t think who said it’s gonna get a whole lot worse for me and hunker down could well happen, as I said we have 5 deaths since March doing a ok job.

NZealand even better smaller population think only two deaths both internationals coming in or no returning from overseas.

Yesterday into big smoke, went to 5 bussiness s they know I was there, I know I was there. If covid turns up they go through data base I will be notified. Not much sinister to me.

Anyway enough of that from me non issue for me hardly discussed.

Maybe it’s our hot weather covid doesn’t like it gotta go cya

Comment

Your warm weather in Australia definitely makes it easier to control the virus, in Canada the winter weather forces us inside and makes it easier for the virus to spread. And than we have the non believers and conspiracy experts that don’t take the lockdowns seriously.

Comment

Because of political correctness, this isn't addressed in MB. But at 18% of the population a specific demographic hovers at a near 50% of new and active cases.
                              And 42% of icu patients

Again, we know covid effects certain demographics disproportionatly. But instead of targeted measures, we will.remain in blanketed lockdowns for a very long time to come.

https://www.fnhssm.com/covid-19 https://www.fnhssm.com/covid-19

https://d5d8ad59-8391-4802-9f0a-f5f5d600d7e9.filesusr.com/ugd/38252a_579e98e6dae54d34854460c68d1c294c.pdf?index= true https://d5d8ad59-8391-4802-9f0a-f5f5d600d7e9.filesusr.com/ugd/38252a_579e98e6dae54d34854460c68d1c294c.pdf?index= true

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...