• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

https://responsiblegrain.ca/

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://responsiblegrain.ca/

An ag thread for _ _ its and giggles.
    Anyone heard of responsible grain???
    Anyone else pick up on any red flags in their mission or message??
    I'm too tired to bother to join their consultation process, just wondering
    if anybody here has.
    An okay premise too heavily wrapped in political correctness for me.
    Can't we have advocacy without drinking the kool aid?
    I mean, what the heck does socially responsible grain production mean to you??
    And why do we need it's enforcement?

Because people that cant do phuck all with themselves.....aka the entire Trudeau government....still want to control everything thinking they know better...

Comment

Ya but seriously, every commission in Western Canada is on this thing and some of it smells.

Comment

I haven’t read it, I was one of the ones on Twitter that apparently missed all the memos and consultations and shit about it and only heard of it yesterday.

However the impression some are getting is that it’s similar to what beef has gone through. Laying down the practices everyone already does and labelling them as responsible.

There are things I would like to see more encouraged but how do you encourage a few things and it go overboard into full management. How would they input regulations in a few without it opening the door for over regulation. It’s an intimidating prospect.

Comment

Funding from CAP/government with the usual suspects involved.....former politicians...DU(puke)...its scam from the beginning and a way to supplement income ....phuckers...

Comment

Website home page has a summerfallow field. I wonder if that fits their code of practice?

Comment

Where required by law, soil testing to be done with accordance to provincial requirements?

Yeah, not a road I want to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Ya but seriously, every commission in Western Canada is on this thing and some of it smells.
                Well then look at the bios of people on the boards that have the most to gain by being employed as a consulting agrologist....

People buy into crap if it gains them something ...not if its good for farmers....

I can see who would support shit like this...

Comment

No more bush pushing, draining without engineer approval?

I mean, they’re going to get no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    No more bush pushing, draining without engineer approval?

I mean, they’re going to get no one.

I am talking about the engineers and agronomists that see a windfall by more regulations....its job security....

Comment

I'm trying to imagine a response to a question posed by a downtown urban dweller.
                      Those whom this is designed for.
                      It goes something like this:
                      The best incentive for responsible stewardship is core asset appreciation.
                      If my business depends on profits from very expensive assets I'm going to be responsible.
                      Looking around it seems to me pollution, erosion, and waste only happens when land is too
                      "cheap". The same applies to a labor force. The cheaper it is to rent a human body for the day,
                      the more you find abuse.

Getting ahead of the curve regarding consumer confidence is fine.
                      But lets not forget that the majority of our production is low margin, common commodity
                      dumped into the same arena as our least watched competitors'.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        I am talking about the engineers and agronomists that see a windfall by more regulations....its job security....
                        Exactly. And seed growers.

Comment

The scope of this appears to be wider than just seed.
                          Input, and land usage and a labor code of practice among others.
                          Seem to be all written by a trudeau speech writer.
                          Just wondered if anyone cares beyond the usual bitching
                          or even knew about it.

Comment

I got it in a tweet or email I forget. Looked into it and then realized we are doing this already but to impress the urban vote it’s like A&W smoke and mirror agriculture

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Regulated to use an engineer for about any on-farm project anymore.

I put up a GSI 6 x 27' granary last fall, had to get a building permit which cost $450 and needed an engineered print for the base even though the GSI website had it spec'ed out, also $450.

It's called mandated thievery. Mark that term down and use it when you run into that situation and watch their expression..

So of course the guys that benefit from more regs love it.

And all these developments are a product of UN Habitat 1 which directs all new development to be controlled by the "public" and taxed on both the development and the usage with the proceeds being returned to the "public good".

Read it here for yourself:

https://unhabitat.org/sites/default/files/download-manager-files/The_Vancouver_Declaration_1976.pdf https://unhabitat.org/sites/default/files/download-manager-files/The_Vancouver_Declaration_1976.pdf

Pay close attention the the section "Land" pg 28 (38 of 54)

Any and all such initiatives such as "responsible grain" are a instrument for the furtherance of the U.N. agenda to gain complete control over every aspect of our lives. Tom think that your in0putr will actually make a difference - well, feel free...

So ya, just chip in your 2 cents worth and watch it disappear into the sinkhole of predetermined outcome. But they can then "honestly" say that they consulted with the "stakeholders" and "this is what they said they wanted".

What a bunch of liars.

One tack I've taken is to refuse to be called a "stakeholder" when it comes to decisions made for my property. The very term denotes a communist concept.

Not that it does much other than mark me as someone who needs to be "watched".
                              Last edited by burnt; Jan 6, 2021, 13:04.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...