• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola how well or poor are we doing.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola how well or poor are we doing.

This morning its getting exciting on the grain markets again. Up and up and up.

But reality is most missed the boat, thanks to shitty advisors and provincial gov and agencies that said big big big crops all around sell sell sell or get nothing.

So again how well are most doing. Lots of Big dogs are over half gone so lots sold at under 10 11 and 12.

Today Canola is close to 15 in some months and 1.37 away from 16. Some will have better basis.

The crop was a new average at best to below. Canola doesn't like heat and that's a fact. Nice warm moist conditions work the best.

But again its a weed so one rain and it could grow.

Heat blast and temps over 30 take flowers. away.

Wheat is now moving up lots were told to liquidate wheat first then play.

Yea feed barley is almost higher than Malt.

So is it time for transparent sales reporting made law in canada for all grain companies. You get a sale its reported for price grade and how much product.

I think its time the conservatives blew this when the CWB ended and yes it was a **** up.

But now the second great grain robbery just happened and here we go again a need for this.

ITs time organizations started pushing for real change and not looking at ways to **** farmers.

Mandatory reporting
    Whereas producers hear on radio and in print daily of future sales of US commodities
    And whereas mandatory sales reporting was implemented back in the early 1970s in the USA...
    And whereas Canada has not implemented this to date ...
    And whereas this is common practice in the United States for a variety of reasons...most importantly a requirement of an open market so all market participants ( including farmers, speculators, government grain companies and investors ) are made aware of sales for accurate price discovery ...
    Be it resolved a mechanism be put in place that commodity sales (domestic and export) past, present and future be reported in a timely fashion to a regulator
    And therefore be it resolved that a regulator reports those sales in a timely fashion so producers can plan and act accordingly for their business....

Be it resolved someone at the commissions reads this and gets their phucking head out of their ass.

Protein Industries Canada has given away 100s of million to create a few superBs of demand per week for protein plants...all in the name of helping farmers...

How do farmers gauge if they are benefitting from any of this expensive taxpayer funded domestic processing if we dont see higher prices for raw product????

Comment

We had a shitty fall sales period only good thing i was slow on sales and only did a 1/3 of what i usually do. Then get sick for two months and fell like **** it I'm in no condition to do sales.

Now I'm back and almost healthy as a horse. A mean ****ing buck.

So fall 2021 is starting to have some really good numbers.

Lots of Super Bs go from Regina area north to Yorkton on a daily basis. Since fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        We had a shitty fall sales period only good thing i was slow on sales and only did a 1/3 of what i usually do. Then get sick for two months and fell like **** it I'm in no condition to do sales.

Now I'm back and almost healthy as a horse. A mean ****ing buck.

Lots of Super Bs go from Regina area north to Yorkton on a daily basis. Since fall.
        Do they say Richardson/Bison on the side of the truck yet?

Tell me how graincos can not use a 50 car train for an interplant transfer of canola....from swift current to Yorkton or Lethbridge I think it is all trucked...

Comment

Lentils, durum, canola....100% unsold.

Bags all gone around here.

That trade will be starving in 3 months time.

Some might have missed the trade a bit by selling early, but they probably dont need the money as bad as I do. I need every last cent out of those parasites to keep my addiction going.
          Last edited by jazz; Jan 6, 2021, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Lentils, durum, canola....100% unsold.

Bags all gone around here.

That trade will be starving in 3 months time.
            Some guys just do bags for quick harvest and then move them twice more ...once to the bin and again to the elevator....easily 30 to 40 cents if you use graincos elevation charges....

And augers and conveyors are not cheap to wear out ...a neighbour made a point a few months ago ...he bought his first quarter of land for less than an auger he was looking at....

Comment

had no regular canola
              ip canola was all priced at $13 with AOG, except a little nexera at $14
              barley 2/3 gone , ave $4
              oats 1/2 gone ave $2.95
              canary 1/2 gone , ave $14
              wheat 5% gone, ave $7.10
              alfalfa seed gone @ $1.25
              Last edited by caseih; Jan 6, 2021, 08:55.

Comment

Gonna sell er all in April and buy Nutrien stock.

I own stock in all the companies that own me.

Comment

Canola - 0% sold Target for 1st sale 700/tonne
                  Wheat - 0%sold Target $8.25
                  Oats - 0% sold Target $4.25

Wheat is the only grain that is lagging behind the rest of the market, most other grains have followed corn and soybeans up.

Comment

Do you like $11.50 Sept delivery for canola? If it stays dry we'll be right back in the $14s.
                    If SA stays dry and Europe stays dry,,, then what????

We didn't pre-price any canola, we couldn't. We had good moisture reserves, but only occasional small showers for rain 1.5 tenths. Those are fine when your saturated, but don't do anything when your drying out and the crop is bolting. To make matters worse and more unpredictable, we had 10 days of 34-37'C over the last week of blooming. I didn't price because I didn't have a clue what we would end up with.
                    So we ended up with a little below avg with very small seeds, If we wouldn't have had all that reserve moisture we would've ended up with 10bus/ac.
                    Sold first 30% at 11.50,,, thought I was so smart. Still have the rest, itchy to sell another 35% any day now, almost pulled the trigger at 13.75, now it's almost 14.50. Need all I can get to make up for yield we've been used to getting.

So right now we have zero reserve moisture, with practically no snow moisture, and it's already Jan 6th
                    16 weeks till planting.

Comment

Seen $12 for fall contract.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post

So right now we have zero reserve moisture, with practically no snow moisture, and it's already Jan 6th
                        16 weeks till planting.
                        The latest chinook from Alberta swung west and melted a lot of our snow this past few days. Need a couple more good shots before the spring. Not dire yet but worldwide seems to be some dryish spots developing.

One thing I know about markets, once they get out of balance, they cna be explosive both ways. If canada was 10 bu average less canola, that means we are going to have to make that up this yr, bushels or acres. Bushels could be a problem without mother nature helping. More acres? Same thing. And even if more acres go in, thats going to take away from wheat or pulses which are also riding high.

Comment

Yea feed barley is almost higher than Malt.
                          This morning local RichPio;

Feed barley 1CW = $5.28
                          Sel 2row Copeland = $5.28
                          Sel 2row Synergy = $5.17

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            This morning local RichPio;

Feed barley 1CW = $5.28
                            Sel 2row Copeland = $5.28
                            Sel 2row Synergy = $5.17
                            Wow that's poor

Comment

Canola production will not drop much even if it stays dry because a large area of traditional canola acreage will benefit from the dryness. In this area many intended '21 canola acres were summer fallow because we were a swamp by the end of May and stayed that way till mid August. These acres now have a 3 yr rotation for '21 and have a full profile. Canola production was over estimated the past three years running so I think canola production will stay in line with where it has been the past few years. $12 new crop is a pricing opportunity because short crops have long tails.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.