• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola how well or poor are we doing.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every pivot will have canola on it....not higher value crops....why phuck around with carrots and TFW when you can grow a dryland crop like canola under a pivot and get 80bpa at 12 bucks with your existing machinery...and a 40 dollar an acre rebate to boot.????

Comment

All my canola is gone, only had one quarter. just under $13 avg. Gambled on wheat last year and now its starting to wake up. Sold two loads for $6.00 off combine as I didn’t want to make a 3000 bushel bag. Guess being lazy cost me. Likely start selling now that bids are $7.40 immediate delivery here.

Hopefully canola stays up for next fall as it will be 90% of my acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
        All my canola is gone, only had one quarter. just under $13 avg. Gambled on wheat last year and now its starting to wake up. Sold two loads for $6.00 off combine as I didn’t want to make a 3000 bushel bag. Guess being lazy cost me. Likely start selling now that bids are $7.40 immediate delivery here.

Hopefully canola stays up for next fall as it will be 90% of my acres.
        I am canola heavy in 21 as well because of getting some new fields that were used for oat silage the past few years. It will be yellow this summer and if guys don't get bins swept, could be seeing $10 canola with $11 input costs this year.

Comment

Most in the north are 50/50 and if wheat stays or barley stays that won’t change canola snow canola doesn’t work in the long run.

Comment

Just call hiway 16 The Yellow Brick Road this summer !

Comment

$6.25/bus for feed barley fob Gravelbourg, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                $6.25/bus for feed barley fob Gravelbourg, Sk
                What's malt barley at there?

Comment

Don't follow malt. We only grow feed varieties

Comment

Do any of the the grain companies contracting $5 barley have a act of god clause?

Comment

Selling the rest of our 5 dollar malt for 5.50 feed tomorrow..
                      Come on you beer drinkers help out the market..

Comment

No act of god clause on most.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Selling the rest of our 5 dollar malt for 5.50 feed tomorrow..
                          Come on you beer drinkers help out the market..
                          Sad how little value from the brewing industry dribbles down to farmer's.

If malt barley was ten dollars a bushel, everyone would try to grow it.

Cold bitter reality, just like the beer it makes.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 6, 2021, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            No act of god clause on most.
                            Viterra malt gives producer 2 yrs to fill contract.
                            Or feed if it doesn't make malt.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              If malt barley was ten dollars a bushel, everyone would try to grow it.
                              If malt barley was $10/bushel, it would hardly make a difference, maybe add a cent or two, to the price of a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                                If malt barley was $10/bushel, it would hardly make a difference, maybe add a cent or two, to the price of a beer.
                                That's not the end that matters(like you said). But it would make a huge difference to Producer's profitability.
                                They don't have to pay more because farmers are growing it for the current values.

FFS... Some GrainCos were buying "feed barley" with minimum germ specs. Do they think we're that schtoopit?
                                Probably made millions of gallons of Chinese beer.

And the cherry malt barley pickers don't want to pay up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...