• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richardson Pioneer Buys Bison Transport

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richardson Pioneer Buys Bison Transport

https://amp.realagriculture.com/2021/01/richardson-buys-bison-transport/

Free grain pick up now.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Free grain pick up now.lol.
      You still might want to follow that load to the terminal!

Imagine all the inter elevator transfers and elevator to crushing plant possibilities!
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 5, 2021, 17:56.

Comment

Now they can convert their trucks to storage instead of the farmers...and see how their employees like sitting for hours to unload...

Maybe they won't have to set an elevator by a rail line any more ...

Its an interesting play but really goes against any kind of environmentally friendly policy...

Comment

Good buy for Richardson, Bison H/O is in Wpg, and this is good for Manitoba, as Bison will stay here. . I'm sure they didn't strictly buy Bison for the grain hauling as there is so little margin in hauling grain. Bison is involved in moving everything across North America.

Richardson privately owned buys another privately owned company. Richardson is shrewd they can see where money can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Now they can convert their trucks to storage instead of the farmers...and see how their employees like sitting for hours to unload...

Maybe they won't have to set an elevator by a rail line any more ...

Its an interesting play but really goes against any kind of environmentally friendly policy...
            You think they will charge farmers extra for waiting 2 hours to unload at their own elevators?

Comment

I imagine they will use Bison to keep their seed and chem sheds full as well.

Comment

Margins are definitely good in the canuckistanian grain oligopoly if they have money to burn on a trucking business.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  You think they will charge farmers extra for waiting 2 hours to unload at their own elevators?
                  No, but may open second driveway for personal use.

Comment

Well,,, I don’t think it’s a good thing, nor do I think that it’s good for farmers, or the Province.

More control, centralization , consolidation.

Controlling:
                    the inputs,
                    Delivery time lines for grain contracts,
                    Grain exports

They won’t have to build anymore terminals, they can pull or delay for just in time shipping, no more premiums to fill that train?

Comment

I think the average 5 or 6 truck company hauling for farmers might as well lease on....will they be able to compete ...

Richardson/bison does the logistics for their grain to be picked up....when they need it....why bother with the local...

Comment

The quickest way to become a millionaire in the bulk commodity hauling business... is to start out as a billionaire!

Comment

Not the first

Paterson owns Truck Freight International and D J knoll. They are just controlling their freight costs moving product around for the same reasons some farmers own trucks vs hiring it out.

Comment

I can see it now, b-train front trailer macdon header to Saskatoon back trailer canola to Yorkton.

Comment

Shortly before SWP went tits up they put a fleet of trucks on the road. Remember how they were going to pull grain out of areas they abandoned with elevator closures and swaps then truck it to their project Horizon inland terminals? Only problem was there was storm clouds on the horizon.

I don't think this will end the same, but you never know. Doubt it....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...