• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Ag what's the answer to success?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Ag what's the answer to success?

Bibeau has claimed the added expense of the Carbon tax to farmers is not significant. She has done nothing on the Canola file and it will be two years later this month. We still have a pea problem with India but they can ship to Canada every day. On and on and on. Take the CERB or the Special loan is her answer. Don't pile up your money in AG Invest.

It's these comment that Pisses me off. She needs to be replaced.

We farmers and organizations blew the AG file also. We approached her office in a nice polite way and that was our first mistake. When you're dealing with this batch of liberal misfits you bring the big guns. Go for the jugular, nail them where it hurts.

On land deals in Saskatchewan, we also have a problem. Trace the money coming into Canada for the new super farms springing up all over the place. You cant go from a few million maybe if they were lucky to 120 mill farm overnight. I'm saying follow the money because the way some are increasing with no care in the world who is borrowing them the money. Most farms doing their end of the year review if they have one are probably getting told your land is worth something but were not willing to go whole hog and borrow you massive amounts more. Yet some others just keep growing and growing.

Follow the money or sooner than later china and foreign countries will call the loans and own most of the west. It's happening because farming isn't paying for this expansion.

Ag will change with all the rules she will be bringing down that's a given.

But what is the plan for ag?

Foreign-owned land companies controlling our food chain. Once the old farmers get paid out then a Death tax and no Capital gains so all taxable.

Canadian farmers hold massive amounts of Debt. Yes, interest rates are cheap but a 20-year mortgage you pay min the first 10 years then if interest rates go up. They will the last 10 your paying 10% interest and cant make it.

How does a farm survive in 2021 when you have to compete against Foreign money flowing in and the Canadian Federal gov hammering you on every corner also.

2021 will be an interesting year if skippy wins again and I will almost bet he will since an election will come in early 2021. It will be after the budget that will hit farmers and business because we're the bad guys and reward small checks to the city urban population because they are doing so much for the environment riding there bikes and solar panels.

How will we win. I won't sell my soul to the Devil just so I can farm 50000 or 100000 acres.
    Last edited by SASKFARMER; Jan 4, 2021, 09:27.

And who would they replace her with from the liberal party that would know more?

Problem isn't with her....its the entire liberal party....eastern elites....

Comment

Yes she should be replaced she is incompetent but so are all the liberals in cab.

Comment

I should have left the original thread.

What can farmers do to be successful in 2021 when we have to go head to head against Gov and foreign money pouring into the land.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          I should have left the original thread.

What can farmers do to be successful in 2021 when we have to go head to head against Gov and foreign money pouring into the land.
          Sadly and you have eluded to it in other threads....when the offer comes and the cheque is printed and cashed....you will no longer care....

I am waiting for the big money to take farmaholic's line...what if it didn't matter ?????

Comment

The only money a guy makes in this industry should not be from the sale of their farm...but the margins are being whittled away every year....

We should have 1 percent mortgage rates ....maybe 2 percent rates on any line of credit....for our contribution to the economy and the environment...remember the economy and environment go hand in hand...

unless you are a farmer....and no one is getting the required message out...

I watch as NCC gets a 100 million from the federal government to play with and then get donors to buy the aggregated land set aside as a carbon play for large emitters....

Comment

I agree Ag is ****ed up but I can't get my head around profiting big-time farming in 2021.

16 Canola will help but fall price isn't there with all the rules regulations coming and going head to head against foreign money.

Comment

Answer to success is maybe sell out like the naybor did at $615k a quarter.

Answer to success IS NOT paying that kinda price on 10 quarters then mortgaging the full amount.

Not sure what the answer is. When someone figures it out let the rest of us know....

Comment

I buy land to add to my operation to pass down or have my kids take over. The farm should build you a nest egg over the years to have a good retirement and play golf and relax in your winter home. The farm should at least make you money.

I just don't get how we can compete in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    Yes she should be replaced she is incompetent but so are all the liberals in cab.
                    They don’t like old people with experience and wisdom. They want all climate barbies and social justice warriors for cabinet ministers. Only solution is to get rid of this incompetent group in an election or our country won’t be able to service the debt.

Comment

Saskfarmer not to disagree with you but you have been doing the same thing to all us smaller producers that you are now complaining the mega farms are doing to you. Snatching up any land that comes avaliable ,squeezing out the little guy that dont want to get into the game of size is the only thing that counts.
                      Who ever would have thought 10,000 acre farmers would worry about being swallowed up by larger operators.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        They don’t like old people with experience and wisdom. They want all climate barbies and social justice warriors for cabinet ministers. Only solution is to get rid of this incompetent group in an election or our country won’t be able to service the debt.
                        Or elect a Liberal next time, so they have someone remotely competent to choose from. OK, competent Liberal is an oxymoron, obviously no one with any competency, or ethics/morals would associate their name with this current band of criminals.

But reality is, they can't chose anyone with competence if we don't send anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                          Saskfarmer not to disagree with you but you have been doing the same thing to all us smaller producers that you are now complaining the mega farms are doing to you. Snatching up any land that comes avaliable ,squeezing out the little guy that dont want to get into the game of size is the only thing that counts.
                          Who ever would have thought 10,000 acre farmers would worry about being swallowed up by larger operators.
                          I always heard that the big guys are buying out the smaller guys....

Then when the real story comes out later....The BTO will tell you he didn't go looking for land ...it came looking for him....meaning it was the small guy that wanted out that made the call.....

Picked up a half section at the gas pumps a few years back....just shooting the shit while the slip tank was filling....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            I always heard that the big guys are buying out the smaller guys....

Then when the real story comes out later....The BTO will tell you he didn't go looking for land ...it came looking for him....meaning it was the small guy that wanted out that made the call.....

Picked up a half section at the gas pumps a few years back....just shooting the shit while the slip tank was filling....
                            It happens to us smaller guys. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Comment

In the 80s yea, I bought everything I could find. Never real estate deal just talk to people.

Don't be fooled the BTO goes door to door also to see whats for sale.

Its follow the money that bugs me.

We all know farming you make a living and put some money away and in the end if you have some luck and a little brain power you can retire.

Today I cant see how a farm can go from nothing to 50000 acres or 3000 to 150000 or whatever Follow the money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...