• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Ag what's the answer to success?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
    land is $6000 around here, go closer to Carman and Winkler, and its much higher.
    Mind blowing. What crop is that amazing to make it pay? Why on earth would one farm if you can get a million a quarter.

I don’t get?

Comment

wheat and Canola don't cover it.

Land at Regina is up and up and another friend sold out just over Christmas. Gone.

Comment

It’s just math. Land rent is what $70-$100 let’s say on average. Take interest rates. Quoted 1.95 fixed 5 yes and 2.5 fixed 10years. If you want you can trade interests rates every 30 days and get rates down around 1.5-1.7%. So over 25 years paying it off that’s much less per acre. Just need to cash flow the principal. And many farms especially colonies will spend 50 years paying it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Mind blowing. What crop is that amazing to make it pay? Why on earth would one farm if you can get a million a quarter.

I don’t get?
          Around here it is mainly milk and feathers driving it.

Those poor milk guys need a place to dump their cheques that the feds are pushing on them for offsetting the "loss" of market share from the trade deal.

A couple of the larger producers around here each bought 500 acre blocks at the end of the year. Not sure of the price were they bought - around the $12 -18,000/ac range.

Their fan club is shrinking rapidly....

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Instead of buying fertizer I just might buy a million worth of bred cows !

Black Stetson !

It ain't wrong !
            Have Hat AND Cattle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              wheat and Canola don't cover it.

Land at Regina is up and up and another friend sold out just over Christmas. Gone.
              I just wonder where people will put their money after a big sale like that. Cash is useless. They are devaluing the money supply pretty fast. Money supply is growing 3 times faster than GDP.

Whatever inflation is being stoked for the future has to land in assets eventually. Land could be a big benefactor.

Comment

That is the problem you can't get anything from your bank for interest on your money. You can play the stock market and if you are on the ball you can make. If not you can get ****ed fast.

Land bought goes up usually, but two to three times in the last 100 years it has dropped.

Usually 1/3 them back up again. Check history it has happened.

Really hard to know what to do. But I believe Skippy is looking at a death tax or worse yet the same as Greece one day you wake up and skippy takes 10000 out of every single working person's account.
                Last edited by SASKFARMER; Jan 5, 2021, 10:18.

Comment

That is the problem you can't get anything from your bank for interest on your money. You can play the stock market and if you are on the ball you can make. If not you can get ****ed fast.

Land bought goes up usually, but two to three times in the last 100 years it has dropped.

Really hard to know what to do. But I believe Skippy is looking at a death tax or worse yet the same as Greece one day you wake up and skippy takes 10000 out of every single working person's account.
                  When I see Canterra Capital,, Area One Farms... Anjelic wanting to exit ...does it not indicate they are taking their gains out now and waiting for the inevitable setback?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    When I see Canterra Capital,, Area One Farms... Anjelic wanting to exit ...does it not indicate they are taking their gains out now and waiting for the inevitable setback?
                    In 2015 after Trudeau was elected, Murray edwards a Regina boy who became a billionaire in the patch read the tea leaves and exited his entire portfolio and even left the country. He doesnt even own any oil anymore far as I know.

is Ag where oil was 5 yrs ago? A target for wealth confiscation, taxation and destruction? Sure seems so.

When you have 100k acres trimming your position would seem prudent especially with fools ready to rush into the asset class.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                      $14 canola, 15 beans, 7.00 corn, 8 wheat, yah, i can see $200/ac cash rents on the way. Is 2022 the year canola seed exceed $1000/bag?
                      $200 per acre cash rent in SW Sask. , Yeah Don't think I will see that down here anytime soon. Not enough rain in this country to get that kind of cash rent.

Comment

5.50 feed bly today.

Comment

Greece wasn’t the only one. How the confiscating of deposits never got huge play in the MSM is beyond me.

Maybe we all need to be mavericks and just paying the interest and let the principal look after it’s self.

Iceman out

Comment

You maybe saw this post over by biglentil over in the "Planet Lockdown" thread? kinda worth noting:

Originally posted by biglentil
                            When the general populace find out what Central Bank Digital Currencies truly mean they may not want to adopt them. After all CBDC are all about gaining more control over the populace. The central banks need a crisis to usher in their adoption. Here is what I would do if I were dirty like them. I would create an invisible enemy just like climate change or better yet a virus like covid 19. I would provide and promise long term massive amounts of stimulus at near 0%, shut small business, get as many as possible reliant on assistance payments. This would create an equity and real estate bubble of epic proportions while hurting the supply side of goods and services. Right when the market could not be more addicted to stimulus and most euphoric, I would cut the stimulus off completely, cut off the assistance, and raise interest rates. This would decimate the stock, real estate market and main street. Very few if any would be able to service the debt, many would be completely upside-down on mortgages, broken by the market and margin calls, all while servicing a sky-high cost of living. Bankruptcy would surge to unprecedented levels, governments would also not be able to service their own enormous debts, people would be begging for a solution that unbeknownst to them governments and central banks created. The banks would be blamed for not lending and creating the necessary liquidity. Right when people couldn't hurt anymore and before the breakdown of society the IMF would offer a solution known as 'The Great Debt Reset' as per Turd's leaked memo. All debts would be forgiven, people could continue to live in the same homes, they would receive universal basic income in their new CBDC wallet. In exchange for debt forgiveness people would be required to give up all property rights and keep up on the vaccines to keep their wallet active. Those without any debts will also have to accept the same terms because as Canadian citizens they are on the hook for the default of their government. Cash and the ole currency would be eliminated from the system entirely so good luck purchasing anything without the CBDC wallet. Checkmate, equality for all, welcome to slavery!
                            Discussing this with my oldest son today, said I should maybe liquidate assets and get my whole family cleanly out of debt, own what you have free and clear and hang on.

He said it won't matter dad, they'll just take everything over anyway.

This was the same son who said "you did everything you were supposed to and it all came together..."

It's pretty cool to be at the place in life where one can hear his son or daughters and deeply respect what they have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                              Discussing this with my oldest son today, said I should maybe liquidate assets and get my whole family cleanly out of debt, own what you have free and clear and hang on.
                              IMHO, you have to have an asset that keeps pace with inflation. Farmland or stocks are just about the only game in town. Residential RE is dead and cash is a negative return as they devalue it. I would offer gold but it pays you nothing and you cant store it and its value is suppressed.

Land titles are just about the only defense a person has on this planet. There are families in europe that have held title for 1000 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                IMHO, you have to have an asset that keeps pace with inflation. Farmland or stocks are just about the only game in town. Residential RE is dead and cash is a negative return as they devalue it. I would offer gold but it pays you nothing and you cant store it and its value is suppressed.

Land titles are just about the only defense a person has on this planet. There are families in europe that have held title for 1000 yrs.
                                Linear thinkers will be the first and biggest casualty in the New World Order.

Those families in Europe who are "millennium owners" were able to be that as a result of the "Old World Order", a world which was possible because of the British Common law tenets which I outlined in the Planet Lockdown thread.

Your land title - if indeed you still have one - will be of no value under the NWO because of the complete rewriting of the rules of the game. What part of UN Habitat 1 (LAND) do you not understand? They've put down in writing what they're gonna do to you and you don't believe them?

The more you're "worth" the less value you are to the NWO. In fact, you become a liability to them.

Guess what happens then.

So to go forward trusting in the continuation of the system that gave us every single good thing we have in our society may well leave you falling off a cliff you never could imagine.

Okay I'm gonna post this George Carlin link anyway even though he uses a lot of x-rated language which I don't think is for polite company. Because George gives it right straight:

If you like his style, you might get a kick out of searching "George Carlin told us about the corona panic years ago".
                                Last edited by burnt; Jan 5, 2021, 18:16.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...