• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mea Culpa

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mea Culpa

Jason Kenney admits to not sending a clear policy for cabinet ministers travel. Stupid entitlement does not carry a party card. Is there such a thing as a responsible politician? But we always go to Hawaii for X-mas, it's a family tradition! They should all resign. CON LIB WHATEVER.
    Last edited by agstar77; Jan 3, 2021, 18:22.

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Jason Kenney admits to not sending a clear policy for cabinet ministers travel. Stupid entitlement does not carry a party card. Is there such a thing as a responsible politician? But we always go to Hawaii for X-mas, it's a family tradition! They should all resign. CON LIB WHATEVER.
    In Ontario we have Doug Ford it appears asking for and receiving a resignation from his finance Minister Rod Phillips for his Caribbean holiday. Jason Kenney it appears did not ask for a resignation of his minister. Personally it seems to me neither minister should need to be asked to resign, they should know they screwed up and resign on their own. Just an opinion, I guess I am a bit of an idealist and I believe you lead by example.

Comment

God damn right
      They wanna spew this horseshit , than they can live it also
      I hope numb nuts is off somewhere

Comment

Do I understand correctly that none of these travellers were breaking any laws? Just looking hypocritical given the message coming from our leaders?

Comment

I’m shocked. A hypocritical politician?!

That must be a new development or something. I’ve never heard of such a creature before.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Do I understand correctly that none of these travellers were breaking any laws? Just looking hypocritical given the message coming from our leaders?
            Very hypocritical for politicians to do this similar to a lot of Covid guidelines. A family can’t visit with another household in a house but at a restaurant is acceptable?

Comment

Lock downs are over. People have another week in them until the new yr gets rolling and its done.

Didnt work a second time anyway and people wont do it a 3rd time. Give the vaccine to the elderly and infirm and with comorbidities and front line workers and let the rest if us have at it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eqn_hUQXMAUdPHR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	770607
              Last edited by jazz; Jan 1, 2021, 20:30.

Comment

I certainly agree they broke no laws. But I can be fined for going and visiting my grandchildren. So while they certainly broke no laws they certainly showed a lack of common sense. The federal government has finally had an epiphany that international travel needs to be more carefully monitored(about 8 months too late) and yet we have provincial government members travelling for pleasure not business. I believe that they followed all the guidelines but they expect us to give up our freedom for the greater good shouldn’t they do the same?

Comment

Even when we aren’t in lockdown we’ve been told “No Non Essential travel” whenever possible.

I would like to think a holiday trip away isn’t THAT essential. Nice, sure, essential, no.

Doesn’t matter if they follow all other protocols and get rapid testing and quarantine when they arrive back - they took non essential travel. What if everyone else decided to do that too. Doesn’t matter if we travel for leisure, well just follow the rest of the protocol when we get home. I can see that ending well.

Politicians: Practice what you preach or what you preach is just going to be made mockery of.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                    Even when we aren’t in lockdown we’ve been told “No Non Essential travel” whenever possible.

I would like to think a holiday trip away isn’t THAT essential. Nice, sure, essential, no.

Doesn’t matter if they follow all other protocols and get rapid testing and quarantine when they arrive back - they took non essential travel. What if everyone else decided to do that too. Doesn’t matter if we travel for leisure, well just follow the rest of the protocol when we get home. I can see that ending well.

Politicians: Practice what you preach or what you preach is just going to be made mockery of.
                    The problem with that theory is that they will need to apply that to all aspects of their travel and lives in general, even after the pandemic is over.
                    No flights to climate conferences.
                    The (former) climate minister will need to drive her snow shoes everywhere she goes.
                    This list could go on forever, but I think you get the point. It would set a dangerous precedent if they were to practice what they preach right now. This would seriously crimp the lifestyle of politicians in the future, and we can't have that.

Comment

Holly Doanne, Blacklocks Reporter, took this rather cagey appraoch:

Holly Doan
                      @hollyanndoan
                      Have not seen my 95 year old mother since Oct 2019 because she’s in Manitoba and I’m in Ottawa. Any advice from MPs @nikiashton
                      or @MichelleRempel
                      ? Should I just go...or? Please advise. #cdnpoli #ndp #cpc #lpc #covidtravel #StayAtHome

Ashton just got canned from her shadow cabinet position by Jugmeet for traveling to Greece or Italy to visit her ailing grandmother...

Did Rempel cross the border to be with her husband over Christmas? Or did he did come hither?

Comment

The problem with that theory is that they will need to apply that to all aspects of their travel and lives in general, even after the pandemic is over.
                        No flights to climate conferences.
                        The (former) climate minister will need to drive her snow shoes everywhere she goes.
                        This list could go on forever, but I think you get the point. It would set a dangerous precedent if they were to practice what they preach right now. This would seriously crimp the lifestyle of politicians in the future, and we can't have that.
                        "...drive her snowshoes..." was that a blonde joke?

Do you suppose she would wait for the snowplow to do her street first? A funny one, regardless!

#climatebarbie
                        #builderbarbie
                        #blondebionicbarbie

Comment

"Lock downs are over. People have another week in them until the new yr gets rolling and its done.

Didn't work a second time anyway and people wont do it a 3rd time. Give the vaccine to the elderly and infirm and with comorbidities and front line workers and let the rest if us have at it."

It is so obvious to a thinking reasonable person, same with masks. CASES CASES more every day?

Nothing works. It's a flu/bad chest cold.

Comment

It's not a travel concern, its a temperature concern, would anybody be talking about this if the MLA's or MP"S went to Norman Wells over Christmas.
                            Other than questioning their sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              "Lock downs are over. People have another week in them until the new yr gets rolling and its done.

Didn't work a second time anyway and people wont do it a 3rd time. Give the vaccine to the elderly and infirm and with comorbidities and front line workers and let the rest if us have at it."

It is so obvious to a thinking reasonable person, same with masks. CASES CASES more every day?

Nothing works. It's a flu/bad chest cold.
                              You are the problem cov-idiots.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.