• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest threat farming 21

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest threat farming 21

Apart from usual,weather perils and Chinese bickering.

Currency as commodities move higher export based nations currency often follows suit cancelling out any gains. Will aussie Canadian dollars be on a par with US ? Could happen.

Experts suggest our booming iron ore markets supplies and sales and driving dollar higher than other countries.

Doubt a farmer in Australia or Canada for that matter hedged currency when covid hit 55 cents here. Ahh hindsight.

High currency gonna hurt us real bad my gut feel.

Helps lower imports a bit such as fert and chem but doesn’t balance the sheet

Yeah edit no political expert but sure US fed reserve he’ll bent on lower dollar to help there exports.

Oh yeah happy new year thanks for following me on here and friendly banter intelligent conversation and some off beat humourous stuff.

Enjoy following trials and tribulations , farming wisdom marketing wisdom, farming failures stuff ups of those I follow.

Alcohol free night for nye most likely maybe one home with missus Jack russels and son actually said he can’t be stuffed going out.

Cheers all the best

PS no real covid dramas in our state we locked down completely about 6 weeks ago for about a week nipped it in the bud life for most is normal here just social distance stuff and no slobbery kisses with unknowns at midnight
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Dec 31, 2020, 04:18.

Comment

Trudeau

Comment

Liberals in Ottawa.

TRUDEAU

Comment

Trudeau, the Liberals and the great reset

Comment

Actually Its Farmers with our laid back attitude and it won't affect me.

Comment

The only new threat I see in 2021 is a federal election result with Justin Trudeau winning a majority, no doubt in my mind that government policy is a greater threat to my livelihood than Mother Nature. Yes Mother Nature can almost wipe you out in one year but Justin Trudeau will just keep chopping the limbs off the tree until it finally dies!

Comment

The biggest threat to a better 2021 might be the spread of alternate facts and conspiracy theories. The general population needs the hope that we are on the right path to solve the pandemic . Trust in the system needs to be there for us to come out of this mess. We must trust but verify. We don't need leaders who say one thing and do another.
                Last edited by agstar77; Dec 31, 2020, 08:22.

Comment

Old age and people not knowing who really makes their food. And a government that thinks coffee shops are key economic drivers in a resource rich country.

Comment

So agstar trust Trudeau?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      The only new threat I see in 2021 is a federal election result with Justin Trudeau winning a majority, no doubt in my mind that government policy is a greater threat to my livelihood than Mother Nature. Yes Mother Nature can almost wipe you out in one year but Justin Trudeau will just keep chopping the limbs off the tree until it finally dies!
                      Biggest Threat:

Pride... Lord help us to change the things we can...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        So agstar trust Trudeau?
                        He is the only game in town like him or not. We can hope that there is a real opposition to hold him accountable. Whining about him is not productive. Give us a better alternative or s### t## F### u#.

Comment

Just say shut the **** up.

I'm saying the MEdia needs to attack him.

You support him.

good for you did you get your 100 dollar glass coffee cup.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                            He is the only game in town like him or not. We can hope that there is a real opposition to hold him accountable. Whining about him is not productive. Give us a better alternative or s### t## F### u#.
                            agstarr, please take off your mask and get more O2.

There is a capable opposition. Anyone in the CPC front bench could step in and replace cult Trudeau tomorrow. The women in that group including an MP from MB have 100x the skills any of Trudeaus woke loser picks do.

Trudeau is 100% shielded by the media just like someone else I know.

And the average canadian is too stupid to do 2s of actual research so they just vote like zombies.

Comment

I'm really concerned as to how Canada will can go back to normality after this covid 19 passes. Our huge debt will have to be looked after by either higher taxes or printing more money causing inflation or a combination of both. I'm thinking that income tax rates are approaching their maximum rates, so will inflation help alleviate this burden? Commodities generally do well in inflationary times so was wondering if anybody is considering buying up more farm land? Nor sure how to protect cash. Any ideas?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...