• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest threat farming 21

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During the 2021 growing season when you haven't had rain for a month and it's 90 degrees outside with a 40 kms wind, and your thinking Justin is your biggest threat

Or there's a severe storm coming your way in 2021 with heavy winds and hail, and your thinking Justin is your biggest threat.

Or it rain an inch every second or third day during the 2021 growing season or during harvest.

I can guarantee you that one of these issues will be a threat to me in 2021.

Comment

Hey, forage i have insurance against all you talked.

I have no insurance against the ****ing loser Trudeau.

Ah, closet liberals I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        During the 2021 growing season when you haven't had rain for a month and it's 90 degrees outside with a 40 kms wind, and your thinking Justin is your biggest threat

Or there's a severe storm coming your way in 2021 with heavy winds and hail, and your thinking Justin is your biggest threat.

Or it rain an inch every second or third day during the 2021 growing season or during harvest.

I can guarantee you that one of these issues will be a threat to me in 2021.
        To answer each one of your questions Forage, yes. To me it is this simple Forage, sometimes Mother Nature gives sometimes she takes away, Justin Trudeau’s plan is to progressively take more away if you can’t see that, that is unfortunate!
        Last edited by Hamloc; Dec 31, 2020, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Hey, forage i have insurance against all you talked.

I have no insurance against the ****ing loser Trudeau.

Ah, closet liberals I love them.
          I farm to harvest crops and make real money, not collect Insurance as that doesn't get you ahead.

Besides, your the loud mouth who voted for Ralph all those years and worked for the NDP., Golden Spoon Boy!

All you do is constantly whine you big *****!!!! It gets so F---king boring!!!

Comment

WOW! do you actually read what you type forage.

I farm for me and yes growing the crop is the most awesome thing in the world.

But I have insurance if mother nature throws a wrench.

With Trudeau, we have no insurance we have a walking talking ****ing disaster.

Your one messed up guy.

Comment

Forage you have such hate. It's awsome maybe transfer that from an actual farmer to the threat farmers face a ****ing useless politician who is trying his hardest to **** up Canada.

Always hate farmers don't you Forage.

Comment

Looked at currency most currency down but on cue exporting economies Canada and Australia both stronger

Comment

Maybe not an immediate threat in 2021, but gaining momentum in 2021.

https://news.theearthsite.greatergood.com/bill-gates-dimming-sun-harvard/ https://news.theearthsite.greatergood.com/bill-gates-dimming-sun-harvard/
                  Geoengineering to dim the sun. Small scale experiments are planned for 2021.

Politicians, economics, debt, taxes, regulations are all short term problems, mostly on paper, at the end of the day, the productive assets still exist, and one way or another reality will prevail and we will pick up the pieces and get back to being productive again.

Geoengineering has the potential to ruin our most productive asset, possibly for a long time, especially when it coincides with an already entrenched cooling phase.

The articles on this topic are always focused on the man financing it. Personally I have nothing against Bill Gates and his philanthropy, I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, but this crosses the line from genuine ( if misplaced at times) philanthropy, and needs to be stopped by all means possible, any where and any time it is attempted.
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 31, 2020, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

https://news.theearthsite.greatergood.com/bill-gates-dimming-sun-harvard/ https://news.theearthsite.greatergood.com/bill-gates-dimming-sun-harvard/

Politicians, economics, debt, taxes, regulations are all short term problems, mostly on paper, at the end of the day, the productive assets still exist, and one way or another reality will prevail and we will pick up the pieces and get back to being productive again.

Geoengineering has the potential to ruin our most productive asset, possibly for a long time, especially when it coincides with an already entrenched cooling phase.

The articles on this topic are always focused on the man financing it. Personally I have nothing against Bill Gates and his philanthropy, I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, but this crosses the line from genuine ( if misplaced at times) philanthropy, and needs to be stopped by all means possible, any where and any time it is attempted.
                    I'm sure something of this nature is going to happen sooner or later. Kinda crazy that an individual or group with an agenda could do something relatively unchecked that could cause environmental effects world wide. There is no authority to police such things on a worldwide basis.

Couple years ago there was one group wanting to put a dye in the oceans, and another wanting to create a large algae blume.

My basic philosophy is I dont screw with mother nature and hope she dont mess with me. (so far I'm on the losing end of that deal)

Comment

I think what is interesting is that on one hand he wants to fill the lower atmosphere with dust to create a sun shade, dim the sun. On the other hand he wants more solar and wind generated electricity. Wouldn’t dimming the sun lower the output from solar panels?!

Comment

Biggest threat? The educated informed consumer

Comment

Biggest threat there is mis educated, misinformed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Biggest threat there is mis educated, misinformed.
                            Interesting points. I had typed up a response that included consumer connections to farmers. Then I deleted it. But I agree, the consumers disconnect from us as producers is a big hurdle, and gets bigger every year as the disconnect gets wider.

As we market our lambs how we have been doing, one gets a more intimate understanding of their needs, their misunderstandings, their expectations. It really opened my eyes.

But producing commodities doesn’t generally allow for a solid connection and so it is a hard thing to rectify. It is easier when you are one on one with your buyers, and are able to have those important conversations and have the ability to sway opinion on farming in a positive way.

I do believe that in a lot of ways, the consumer thought on agriculture today, is a big hurdle and we would do well to embrace conversation with them.

Unfortunately, overall, with farming as it is today, it is almost impossible to make meaningful connections. Until people eat raw canola seed, oats in the hull, and wheat out of the bin, this isn’t going to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              I do believe that in a lot of ways, the consumer thought on agriculture today, is a big hurdle and we would do well to embrace conversation with them.
                              Umm, no that would be a bad idea. Other industries have tried that and only got grief. When the consumer is that disconnected and misinformed its better to leave them that way. They dont have the real world reasoning skills anymore and have drank up the propaganda.

Not sure what talking to them would do any way. They arent going to volunteer to pay more. They will just tell the govt to tax us harder cause its all corporate farms now.

Comment

We are already plying with the weather in the form of hail supression. This makes it a lot wetter in western Alberta and dryer in eastern Alberta and govern.ments are fine with that

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...