Test $ 8.00 wheat Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

$ 8.00 wheat

Test
Dec 30, 2020 | 07:51 1 G3 text $ 7.35 for May so maybe we are heading that way? Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER's Avatar Dec 30, 2020 | 07:58 2 Wheat is the sleeper they want all sold early so like Canola and Peas all gone before the farmers realize its really climbing.

20 USA subsidy an acre helps Americans because it's on all wheat acres.

I seeded 5000 so $100,000.00 USA would sure be a nice check to open. In Canada Actors get paid, foreign countries get billions, dairy and chicken out east get paid. We lose canola get nothing.

So yes a System like the USA has all grain sales known, price of sale and where its going. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 08:00 3 Heard of 7.75 for June into G3 Swift Current ...maybe to fill the new elevator and let it settle.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 08:05 4 So will you guys bother with $8 targets or wait it out and see ? Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 08:18 5 My low protein 2020 wheat is gone ....sold it at 5.75 to make room for flax....which has rallied 4 bucks a bushel since September. ...

    My wheat at best would have only been worth 6.25 today...so I can't and won't complain....

    I think there may be a play yet for 7 dollar feed wheat....cough ....because it will still be milling wheat at coast....

    95 percent of wheat made top grades this year....they are blending chicken feed and still making minimum specs.... Reply With Quote

  • Dec 30, 2020 | 08:26 6 Russian wheat exports have now been lowered from 40.8 million to 36.3 million MT largely due to the incoming February $30/MT gov't export tax pressured by Putin to battle domestic food inflation.

    This is bullish wheat (IMO) . . . . Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Dec 30, 2020 | 08:29 7 Errol Canada always throws wheat with Durum.

    A lot of durum was seeded in 2020.

    Maybe the wheat crop wasn't as big as they say in Canada. Similar to the Canola lie.

    Nah the experts are correct all the time.

    Also, Errol why cant Canada have all sales showed and price and destination.

    Why couldn't gov force companies to do that instead we have the cone of silence. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 08:31 8 Hopefully your right Errol
    Wheat has languished for a long time while most everything else has been brought back from artificial low prices . Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 08:31 9 8.00 and a 1 million combine or air drill still does not compute. Reply With Quote

  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Dec 30, 2020 | 08:34 10 sprayer and tractor and air drill and combines. All so close to the million-dollar club each. We still get paid in 1928 prices. Wheat would be 27 with inflation factored in. Bread would be up, what .50 cents a loaf.

    Its a joke. the whole of ag. Reply With Quote

  • Partners's Avatar Dec 30, 2020 | 08:37 11 We are delivering the last of our synergy malt.
    Even with the shitty malt price,with our last yr yields we need $9.36 for our wht to be the same return as malt. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 08:40 12
    Quote Originally Posted by agstar77 View Post
    8.00 and a 1 million combine or air drill still does not compute.
    What are you guys buying? A $100k drill and a slightly used $200k combine will do the same job as any newer equipment.

    Maybe thats the real problem in ag, not the wheat prices. Reply With Quote

  • Dec 30, 2020 | 08:54 13
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    sprayer and tractor and air drill and combines. All so close to the million-dollar club each. We still get paid in 1928 prices. Wheat would be 27 with inflation factored in. Bread would be up, what .50 cents a loaf.

    Its a joke. the whole of ag.
    Maybe you should cash in your Agri-invest.. ...

    Bibeau is disappointed there is 2.5 billion sitting in those accounts.

    ..what Bibeau doesn't realize is 2.5 billion won't pay the fuel bills for western Canadian farmers spring seeding efforts.... Reply With Quote

  • Dec 30, 2020 | 09:03 14 Bucket that may be true that 2.5 billion could be used for fuel this spring seeding, but I 'll bet there will still be 2.5 billion sitting in Aginvest on July 1/2021.

    Farmers have to draw it out every year before the Governments "Might "think there's a problem with Western Canadian Ag. Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 09:07 15 I've already received a bid of $8 for May/21. G3 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 09:23 16
    Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I've already received a bid of $8 for May/21. G3
    Thats a really good price considering the $7 bids here. I’ll bite. Whats the story with that price? Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 09:27 17 #2. 13.5 protein Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 09:31 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Herc View Post
    Thats a really good price considering the $7 bids here. I’ll bite. Whats the story with that price?
    That's a good question Herc.

    I'm not doubting you on the $8.00/bus crusher , but I'm thinking your wheat might be meeting some specific parameters???

    That or G3 knows something about future wheat prices, that all the rest of us are still in the dark about,,, which is possibility not unreasonable.

    Wheat going to western Europe?

    okay, I see your reply above. Very low parameters, considering the volume of high quality wheat around this year.
    Is it for a particular variety?
    Last edited by beaverdam; Dec 30, 2020 at 09:43.
    Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 09:53 19
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    That's a good question Herc.

    I'm not doubting you on the $8.00/bus crusher , but I'm thinking your wheat might be meeting some specific parameters???

    That or G3 knows something about future wheat prices, that all the rest of us are still in the dark about,,, which is possibility not unreasonable.

    Wheat going to western Europe?

    okay, I see your reply above. Very low parameters, considering the volume of high quality wheat around this year.
    Is it for a particular variety?
    The saudis might not be able to get wheat from their current suppliers and maybe they, like me, are hoping Freeland and gang are gone soon...therefore G3 may be working to guarantee supplies??????
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 30, 2020 at 09:58.
    Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 10:11 20 I see wheat up big this morning,
    Chicago up 20
    Kansas up 16
    Minneapolis up 12

    no yearend selloff,,, at this point. Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 10:11 21
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    That's a good question Herc.

    I'm not doubting you on the $8.00/bus crusher , but I'm thinking your wheat might be meeting some specific parameters???

    That or G3 knows something about future wheat prices, that all the rest of us are still in the dark about,,, which is possibility not unreasonable.

    Wheat going to western Europe?

    okay, I see your reply above. Very low parameters, considering the volume of high quality wheat around this year.
    Is it for a particular variety?
    Likely G3 has less long term agreements with price attached and is selling a greater percentage into the spot market than other companies Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 10:43 22 For this marketing year G3 has been the front runner, something is different this year as basis has been higher than previous years even though our dollar is higher, that should translate to a lower basis. I locked in my basis earlier at $1.54 and now not sure if that was a good idea, still have to lock in mr futures for July but at today’s current price that would bring me to $7.68 for a #1-13.5. I think I will ride this a little longer yet as the market for wheat seems a little bit nervous and am thinking it will move up with a spring rally to buy acres. Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 13:57 23
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    I see wheat up big this morning,
    Chicago up 20
    Kansas up 16
    Minneapolis up 12

    no yearend selloff,,, at this point.
    Minneapolis up 15 cents.
    Soybeans futures cracked $13. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 17:51 24 Must be time for a rocket.

    Name:  42E32CCE-1DEC-4FD4-A67A-2D9022F372B2.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  20.0 KB Reply With Quote

  • Dec 30, 2020 | 18:11 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Must be time for a rocket.

    Name:  42E32CCE-1DEC-4FD4-A67A-2D9022F372B2.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  20.0 KB
    On Agtalk, they say that rocket pictures are rally killers! Put it away! lol

    I say bring on the rally, I have been stockpiling a few years for this moment! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 30, 2020 | 18:18 26 Text today from Richardson with No1 13.5 about 6.99 for April.

    P&H usually the leader here and could use a G3 to compete with them. Richardson and Viterra are not really in the ball park. Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 18:27 27
    Quote Originally Posted by agstar77 View Post
    8.00 and a 1 million combine or air drill still does not compute.
    It does if you get huge subsidizes. Watch some of those USA farmers on youtube, they love new paint, and grain legs, they cant spend the money fast enough. They keep driving our input prices up and commodity prices down. Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 18:35 28
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    Text today from Richardson with No1 13.5 about 6.99 for April.

    P&H usually the leader here and could use a G3 to compete with them. Richardson and Viterra are not really in the ball park.
    G3 usually the leader here on bids. I think their connection with Bunge has a lot to do with their aggressive bids, Bunge buys and sells into every corner of the planet, Richardson, maybe not so much. Also G3 can load some pretty big trains..150 cars, and loop them back to forth between elevator and terminal, so more grain can be shipped on tighter margins? Anyways, its great we have an international grain buyer in the prairies to compete the the 3 Canadian families. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Blaithin's Avatar Dec 30, 2020 | 18:44 29 Definitely moving here.

    Reply With Quote
    Dec 30, 2020 | 19:42 30
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    What are you guys buying? A $100k drill and a slightly used $200k combine will do the same job as any newer equipment.

    Maybe thats the real problem in ag, not the wheat prices.
    Someone has to buy new. I depend on that so I can buy their third hand equipment. 🤣 Reply With Quote