Test $ 8.00 wheat Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

$ 8.00 wheat

Test
Dec 30, 2020 | 22:29 31 Gap on Dec 23rd, filled on Dec 28;

today looks like a rocket going off all right!

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/MWZ21/overview

if you scroll down, on the right side you'll see resistance and support levels. FWIW Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2020 | 23:41 32 Calculation into Canadian $ per bushel on farm here for bog standard 10.5/11% protien wheat is $7.76 Canadian per bushel. Last nights moves only showed a minimal rise in local prices currency cutting at prices think wheat went up at best $1 per tonne barley down a buck per tonne. Playing catch up with you guys now Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2020 | 16:36 33 Happy New Year. CBOT Mch wht at 640.5 USc, a multi yr high. A$ above 77 USc. Down A$1.23/t o’night on strong A$. Speculation Argentina may suspend wht exports as they have done with corn. Now a lack of weather news as nth hemisphere crops in dormancy, so expect volatility. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 5, 2021 | 08:40 34 Last couple trading days, seems Minneapolis Wheat finally making stronger moves up, relative to Chicago and Kansas. Maybe farmers will see $8 or better. Reply With Quote

• Jan 5, 2021 | 08:44 35 Still lagging locally
    G3 and grains connect still offering higher bids , have been for 3 months now Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 5, 2021 | 13:36 36 viterra Indus $8.00 14.0 1cwrs april-may del. offered . Reply With Quote
    Jan 5, 2021 | 18:08 37 A GrainCo called today offering a higher price for Feb delivery than what I sold for for June delivery.
    I used my "all or nothing" approach to selling my spring wheat this year. Oh well. Reply With Quote
    Jan 5, 2021 | 18:14 38
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    A GrainCo called today offering a higher price for Feb delivery than what I sold for for June delivery.
    I used my "all or nothing" approach to selling my spring wheat this year. Oh well.
    Did you ask to deliver your contract in Feb? Nice hauling when your not busy and the roads are frozen. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jan 5, 2021 | 18:24 39
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    Did you ask to deliver your contract in Feb? Nice hauling when your not busy and the roads are frozen.
    Two different companies. Seems I needed to take June delivery to get my price where I sold. We won't haul after March 15th because of road bans. I offered to deliver some in Feb if they want, they seem to be looking for delivery in that period but weren't willing to pay me what I wanted.... but would for June. GrainRep said they would see....i guess if they can't fill the Feb shipping period....maybe I will be able to haul some. Reply With Quote
    Jan 5, 2021 | 18:57 40
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    What the hell you sell for ??

Never sell now for june delivery !

I thought you knew better !
    didn't you sell everything from the combine ? Reply With Quote
    Jan 5, 2021 | 19:05 41
    Not a bushel of wheat !
    I still have some of 2017,2018&2019
    Pisspoor marketer I am
    You think it’s gonna go up ? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 5, 2021 | 20:28 42
    What the hell you sell for ??

Never sell now for june delivery !

I thought you knew better !
    Never??

Name:  SE SK June 19del wheat.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  51.4 KB Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 5, 2021 | 21:12 43
    Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
    Never??

Name:  SE SK June 19del wheat.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  51.4 KB
    I need better bait in order to bite at his comment. Reply With Quote
    Jan 5, 2021 | 21:29 44 Hindsight marketers are always right..... even if they did the wrong thing! Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jan 5, 2021 | 21:54 45
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    I still have some of 2017,2018&2019
    Pisspoor marketer I am
    You think it’s gonna go up ?
    We only have 4 bins on the Ghetto, ranging from 2-5000 bushels. One for each of the crops we grow, wheat, canola, flax and peas. Each crop's yeild determines which bin gets used for it, no carrying over. No bin space and a guys gotta drink and eat and buy the kids shoes on the good years!

Happy marketing! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 5, 2021 | 23:31 46 He’s still pissed about selling all that canola from the combine Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jan 8, 2021 | 17:59 47 Minn wheat up 4, Cbot down 4, are we going to see Minn wheat overtake Cbot again? Did something come out in the news to cause this? June delivery to $7.75, $8.00 almost there. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 09:51 48 Wheat getting excited this morning ahead of USAD. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 10:04 49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Minn wheat up 4, Cbot down 4, are we going to see Minn wheat overtake Cbot again? Did something come out in the news to cause this? June delivery to $7.75, $8.00 almost there.
    14 pro ? Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 10:45 50 Russia increased there export tax to 50 usd per tonne Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 11:06 51 8 might be on the low side if dryness on the plains continues. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 12:14 52
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    14 pro ?
    #1-135
    If priced today would be #7.92 Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 12:43 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    #1-135
    If priced today would be #7.92
    Ok thx 👍 Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 13:49 54 Local widen their basis on higher prices.... Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 14:30 55
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Local widen their basis on higher prices....
    lol...seen...bucket...replied...and...knew...it... would...be....negative...

do...you...expect...them...to...keep...basis...ste ady...after...largest...purchasing...days...of...t he...year... Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 14:30 56
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Local widen their basis on higher prices....
    Always happens. Graincos never give the full futures rise on wheat bids. Wheat is a one f’d market. Collusion..... Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 14:42 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerpower View Post
    Always happens. Graincos never give the full futures rise on wheat bids. Wheat is a one f’d market. Collusion.....
    Its almost like they buy enough at one level due to strength in futures that they dont need to pay the basis they were prior to the rally?

If you buy enough fert to cover your needs @ $500/mt do you buy more when the rep calls you asking you to buy more at $500? or would you wait until he offers more at a lower price? Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 14:49 58
    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy44 View Post
    Its almost like they buy enough at one level due to strength in futures that they dont need to pay the basis they were prior to the rally?

If you buy enough fert to cover your needs @ $500/mt do you buy more when the rep calls you asking you to buy more at $500? or would you wait until he offers more at a lower price?
    Targets???? They have enough targets in system that if there is a futures bump they fill their needs and widen basis?

Well on fert if my needs are covered I’m not buying anymore. But i suppose if the price gets low enough I secure more supply for the next crop and store it.

I am a big believer in storage on both ends. Gives me some control or at least I makes me think I have some. Lol Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 14:59 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowerpower View Post
    Targets???? They have enough targets in system that if there is a futures bump they fill their needs and widen basis?

Well on fert if my needs are covered I’m not buying anymore. But i suppose if the price gets low enough I secure more supply for the next crop and store it.

I am a big believer in storage on both ends. Gives me some control or at least I makes me think I have some. Lol
    Great. You understand what coverage and position is for your needs, so you should see why a grain company uses the same mentality with their needs. Reply With Quote
    Jan 12, 2021 | 15:22 60 I usually shop the basis first, then sell the futures later and if I don’t like the price I can look at replacing with paper. Currently I have contracted my basis for wheat and canola but haven’t pull the trigger on futures yet. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like