• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
    Was your uncle Norwegian?
    Funny, my Dad's side were. But this one German descent. Just a life spent in seismic/coring drill rigs LoL.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Government policy dictated that...only the strong should survive...right????...

It costs too much to help local communities ....right...

Now add up all the costs to not being able to do that even without the pandemic....

Then the next saying applies...

"'"""Its cheaper to keep her/him/local"""""

I have watched communities die in my youth ...from something as simple as a ball field at the old schoolhouse in the middle of nowhere...to towns that once thrived....there wasn't room to keep extra farmers around....so the consolidation of farms...then grain elevators and finally railways....for no good outcome when shit hits the fan...

As a nation that had the ability to isolate communities quickly....we lost that by consolidation....add up the costs now....we look pretty stupid...and those responsible will never stick their hands up and admit it....
      Bucket. Not wanting to restart an old argument or derail the thread.
      But I can't think of any way we could have had an alternate reality on the Prairies.

Comment

“Don’t dip your dink in the company ink”

Watched over the years as so many missed this valuable morsel of info in the patch , lol

Comment

Or "don't duck with the cook"

Comment

From a man that lived to be 95:

...tell me and I will forget, show me and I will remember, help me do it; and I will learn!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Bucket. Not wanting to restart an old argument or derail the thread.
              But I can't think of any way we could have had an alternate reality on the Prairies.
              Not at all....and of course hindsight is 20/20....but really what have we gained....

As an example G3 is building another elevator at Swift current....There is already 6 elevators in the general vicinity ...Had they moved it 30 miles east they would have had an easier time filling it....less competition and for guys from the east it would have meant not climbing the Rush Lake hill with the semis....but who am I to point out what would be good for both farmer and grainco....

So now if I decide to or forced to haul to Swift Current I have one more option as to where to deliver...not sure if it makes more sense or gains any efficiency....

But because everyone has moved to the city that is where the labour has to be found and kept....

When the consolidation happened it was just before farmers made a major shift into continuous cropping and special crops....seems like no one gained an ounce of knowledge as to how to better service farmers change other than to download costs to them....whether it be fuel tires equipment or storage to accommodate grainco logistics...

At one point in time in the future someone is going to recognize the infrastructure we had already built and wonder what the phuck was wrong with us...as a country and those that allowed it to happen...

Comment

PHUCK TRUDEAU!

My favorite saying lately.

Comment

When I was younger a neighbor would always tell my best friend and I

"No sense in going somewhere, if nobody's going to remember you were there."

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                    PHUCK TRUDEAU!

Mine Dog Phucker...

Comment

The pen is mightier than the sword..
                      I thought I have to have a something.
                      Only took me 10 hrs. To think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                        PHUCK TRUDEAU!

Yup and it was a favorite saying some 40 years ago as well....

Some learnt ....most didn't which is why we are saying it again...

Comment

When something doesn't make sense...back up and reassess the assumptions

Ibid "fake news"

Comment

You can lead a horse 🐎 to water but you can’t make it drink. Better the devil you know than the one you don’t. I know this last one applies to Trudope. People should have thought before they put him into power.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                              When something doesn't make sense...back up and reassess the assumptions

Ibid "fake news"
                              Replace that with

"Don't shoot the messenger""

Comment

If you make a man a fire, he will stay warm the rest of the night. If you set a man on fire, he will stay warm the rest of his life.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.