• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why land is worth much more some places

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    6400 cult plus an additional 3200 if you want.
    You had me interested at the $2500/acre mentioned above. But at double that, I think I will stay here in the cold wet swamp.

Comment

Yep, you would, or have to or an investor. Or a New Hutt.

Yes, Freeland would love the revenue.

Comment

We could have got what you were thinking when the Redland deal was done with the Teachers pension plan.

Thanks for looking someday my ship will come in and I'll be at the airport waiting for a train. HAHAHA

USA Dollar exchange Friday $23,469,956.75 Skippy can come and get me.

Comment

6400 cult plus an additional 3200 if you want.
          So the most recent sale which was a new high is at $2,500/ acre and you are floating $4,700?

I would say you are a tad high.

Comment

Am I, If I get what I want ill quit and retire. If I don't well I don't have to quit and retire we can play some more. It's all about the game. It's just that a ****ing big game.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Can that farm pay for itself....at the current prices?

To make P&I payment you would need 3 million clear after expenses every year
              No and the lenders don’t seem to worry about these details.

Comment

I was considering your offer, so I checked back on agriville and it turns out that your area has endured 15 years of flooding followed by five straight Years of drought all within the last 10 years. So I think I will pass. But if you really do want to sell, you may want to have a word with whoever has been posting The weather troubles, Might not be a selling feature.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 6, 2020, 15:23.

Comment

Our yields are always up their but yes we did get 15 years of wet and now five dryer that allowed us to get back to where we were. Most years when rain crosses the valley it gets us.

Sorry but even Melfort isn’t a sure crop area. Swift definitely isn’t.

Comment

Maybe we’ll move?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      So the most recent sale which was a new high is at $2,500/ acre and you are floating $4,700?

I would say you are a tad high.
                      That's the 30 million divided by 6400 cultivated acres.

I thunk he was including the yard infrastructure, have to assess and value that.

If it's still too high you might have to get him to "throw" in the full line of machinery and all the life-size toy tractors.

If it's still too high you might have to get him to commit to 5 years of free mentorship and labour to show you how to manage the "Garden of Eden", despite the fact AF5 pointed out the Garden of Eden had 20 crop failures in ten years!

Comment

Maybe we’ll move?
                        JDGreen is taking applications for a Trailer Park Supervisor(Cop).

Comment

So, if that money can't buy me land in a sure crop area, what will it cost, and where is it?
                          Just east of me, where land is five to 6000 an acre, Is also the hail capital of western Canada , And too wet as often as not.
                          Red river valley Has overland flooding issues and excess rain issues
                          Irrigation land in southern Alberta Might not have very many crop failures But seems like a lot more work and money invested to grow comparable yields to what we get with what falls from the sky.
                          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 6, 2020, 15:54.

Comment

If you like a challenge the Ghetto is the place for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	770495

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              If you like a challenge the Ghetto is the place for you.

[ATTACH]7174[/ATTACH]
                              A married farmer with kids, who smokes, he looks good.

Comment

That guy looks in really good shape for his age. Don't get sick you age really fast. I was told I look like my father now, He is 92.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...