• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable crops CRSC

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable crops CRSC

Another umbrella group where everyone joins and strikes out on a mission to add more aggravation to the day to day operations of farmers....WHY another group?????

What farmers need are :

1. Fair and equitable contracts
    2. Carbon credits for their contribution to saving the environment
    3. Less farm groups doing SFA
    4. Consolidation of farm groups not farms...
    5. Mandatory sales reporting from the members in this group

But here is the scam......With funding from the Western Grains Research Foundation, the CRSC commissioned two literature reviews to assist members in accessing relevant research.....

Just another leech on farmers money....money to assist accessing research?????????

Someone tell me I am off base in my opinion that this seems like a scam.
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 3, 2020, 06:42.

http://sustainablecrops.ca/about/members http://sustainablecrops.ca/about/members

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201203-070342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	770480

http://sustainablecrops.ca/ http://http://sustainablecrops.ca/
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 3, 2020, 07:10.

Comment

Not necessarily a scam. There will be a purpose, without a doubt.

Whose research will be made available? Who is the real sponsor?

A while ago someone called me to make sure I was aware of the $500 "grant" available to complete a "study" on cow-calf efficiencies, etc.

I looked at it. The last paragraph said that this study will qualify me to receive regular reports on raising beef sustainably, lowering greenhouse gases yada, yada...

There will be a hook.

Comment

$=sustainability.

Pay producers properly and they will grow it.

Why don't some Industry players vertically integrate and grow what they need themselves.

What is the definition of sustainability? = farmers growing crops "responsibly"?

Comment

There is always a hook.

Follow the money.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            Not necessarily a scam. There will be a purpose, without a doubt.

Whose research will be made available? Who is the real sponsor?

A while ago someone called me to make sure I was aware of the $500 "grant" available to complete a "study" on cow-calf efficiencies, etc.

I looked at it. The last paragraph said that this study will qualify me to receive regular reports on raising beef sustainably, lowering greenhouse gases yada, yada...

There will be a hook.
            You haven't convinced me it is not a scam....

I have been to a few cow and calf sales over the years....when they bring in a lot of calves they dont talk about the producer raising them sustainably.....they talk about how pretty and table top they are and how they will be ripping the grass....

The auctioneer doesnt talk about their methane reduced feeding practices....DO they?

Sustainable is just another buzzword made up by people like the DO MORE Ag or AGVOCATE types to access money from wherever under the disguise of helping farmers...

You know what would help farmers.....read thread about what is going on in the states with adhoc / direct payments to farmers...that would solve alot of issues...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Another umbrella group where everyone joins and strikes out on a mission to add more aggravation to the day to day operations of farmers....WHY another group?????

What farmers need are :

1. Fair and equitable contracts
              2. Carbon credits for their contribution to saving the environment
              3. Less farm groups doing SFA
              4. Consolidation of farm groups not farms...
              5. Mandatory sales reporting from the members in this group

But here is the scam......With funding from the Western Grains Research Foundation, the CRSC commissioned two literature reviews to assist members in accessing relevant research.....

Just another leech on farmers money....money to assist accessing research?????????

Someone tell me I am off base in my opinion that this seems like a scam.

Bet I can tell you the names of some of the people that will be on that group getting paid. Same ones that are on most other groups and have been on everyone for their whole careers.

Comment

Take a look at the following lists:

The CRSC Governance

The CRSC is governed by representatives of each of the following member categories who sit as members of the CRSC Steering Committee:

Grower association (provincial, regional or national)
                Value chain council / commodity association
                Grain handler / marketer / exporters
                Input supplier – seed / fertilizer / agro-chemicals / financial services
                Food and feed manufacturing / distribution / retail / food service
                Environmental associations / sustainability certifiers and services / research and academic institutions

The members of the 2018 Steering Committee are:

Cam Dahl - Cereals Canada (Chair)
                Cheryl Mayer - Canadian Canola Growers Association
                Salah Zoghlami - Producteurs de Grains du Québec
                Jim Tokarchuk - Soil Conservation Council of Canada
                Taryn *****on - Canola Council of Canada
                Jackie Carleton - Pulse Canada
                Roy van Wyk - Canadian Seed Institute
                Kara Barnes - Barley Council of Canada
                Clyde Graham - Fertilizer Canada
                Russel Hurst - Croplife Canada
                Sonya Jenkins - Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
                Paul Thoroughgood - Ducks Unlimited Canada
                Robert Demianew - Control Union
                Tyler Bjornson - Canada Grains Council
                Jeff Fitzpatrick-Stilwell, McDonald's Corporation

Now think about it for a minute no, just a second - who on that list is going to be heard the most loudly - the first dozen or so names, or the very last one? The one whose sole motivation is protecting his corp's green-washed image for the benefit of the shareholder and marketing purposes?

The last one has absolutely no risk in pursuing his goals. He picks his favored products off the shelf stocked by the sweat and blood of almost every other interest represented by the upper tier of that list. And he will run the table.

When he speaks, every head swivels toward him and everyone else stops talking.

But Ducks Unlimited on there? Give me a break. What a perfect example of a useless, bunch of leeches.

Comment

I think Agriville should be getting a call from Taryn.

Comment

Take a look at the following lists:

The CRSC Governance

The CRSC is governed by representatives of each of the following member categories who sit as members of the CRSC Steering Committee:

Grower association (provincial, regional or national)
                    Value chain council / commodity association
                    Grain handler / marketer / exporters
                    Input supplier – seed / fertilizer / agro-chemicals / financial services
                    Food and feed manufacturing / distribution / retail / food service
                    Environmental associations / sustainability certifiers and services / research and academic institutions

The members of the 2018 Steering Committee are:

Cam Dahl - Cereals Canada (Chair)
                    Cheryl Mayer - Canadian Canola Growers Association
                    Salah Zoghlami - Producteurs de Grains du Québec
                    Jim Tokarchuk - Soil Conservation Council of Canada
                    Taryn *****on - Canola Council of Canada
                    Jackie Carleton - Pulse Canada
                    Roy van Wyk - Canadian Seed Institute
                    Kara Barnes - Barley Council of Canada
                    Clyde Graham - Fertilizer Canada
                    Russel Hurst - Croplife Canada
                    Sonya Jenkins - Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
                    Paul Thoroughgood - Ducks Unlimited Canada
                    Robert Demianew - Control Union
                    Tyler Bjornson - Canada Grains Council
                    Jeff Fitzpatrick-Stilwell, McDonald's Corporation

Now think about it for a minute no, just a second - who on that list is going to be heard the most loudly - the first dozen or so names, or the very last one? The one whose sole motivation is protecting his corp's green-washed image for the benefit of the shareholder and marketing purposes?

The last one has absolutely no risk in pursuing his goals. He picks his favored products off the shelf stocked by the sweat and blood of almost every other interest represented by the upper tier of that list. And he will run the table.

When he speaks, every head swivels toward him and everyone else stops talking.

But Ducks Unlimited on there? Give me a break. What a perfect example of a useless, bunch of leeches.

They big names on there are just to help puppet the rest of the committee....those that are good at being told what to say are always invited to the party...they typically lack critical thinking skills

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      $=sustainability.

Pay producers properly and they will grow it.

Why don't some Industry players vertically integrate and grow what they need themselves.

What is the definition of sustainability? = farmers growing crops "responsibly"?
                      Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      There is always a hook.

Follow the money.
                      On the other hand, it may, indeed, be something else - not a hook, but another not-so-subtle device for gaining another level of control in ag.

A device that will start out sounding good, but will eventually show itself for what it really is - a lever for imposing the hypocritical green agenda on all of agriculture.

How many people are aware to the globalist goal of returning a huge portion of North American farmland to its original state?

It's called the 'rewilding" effort.

It is real, and it is easy to research.

You will not like what you find.

This is the end game of those who run these pop-up groups.
                      Last edited by burnt; Dec 3, 2020, 08:14.

Comment

They big names on there are just to help puppet the rest of the committee....those that are good at being told what to say are always invited to the party...they typically lack critical thinking skills
                        You actually sell them short - their critical thinking skills are inclined toward protecting their spot at the table.

A Churchill type wouldn't have made things comfortable at that table.

They say he wasn't very big on compromise.

Comment

You actually sell them short - their critical thinking skills are inclined toward protecting their spot at the table.

A Churchill type wouldn't have made things comfortable at that table.

They say he wasn't very big on compromise.
                          A question to you.....think I would be good board material????? thump...I'm OK ...just fell off my chair laughing

Comment

A question to you.....think I would be good board material????? thump...I'm OK ...just fell off my chair laughing
                            Rhetoricals can be so much more effective than lengthy explanation...

Comment

Rhetoricals can be so much more effective than lengthy explanation...
                              Thank you!? hahaha

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.