Test Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable crops CRSC Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable crops CRSC

Test
Dec 3, 2020 | 06:36 1 Another umbrella group where everyone joins and strikes out on a mission to add more aggravation to the day to day operations of farmers....WHY another group?????

What farmers need are :

1. Fair and equitable contracts
2. Carbon credits for their contribution to saving the environment
3. Less farm groups doing SFA
4. Consolidation of farm groups not farms...
5. Mandatory sales reporting from the members in this group

But here is the scam......With funding from the Western Grains Research Foundation, the CRSC commissioned two literature reviews to assist members in accessing relevant research.....

Just another leech on farmers money....money to assist accessing research?????????

Someone tell me I am off base in my opinion that this seems like a scam.
Last edited by bucket; Dec 3, 2020 at 06:42.
Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 07:02 2 http://sustainablecrops.ca/about/members

    Name:  Screenshot_20201203-070342.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  16.6 KB

    http://http://sustainablecrops.ca/
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 3, 2020 at 07:10.
    Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 07:11 3 Not necessarily a scam. There will be a purpose, without a doubt.

    Whose research will be made available? Who is the real sponsor?

    A while ago someone called me to make sure I was aware of the $500 "grant" available to complete a "study" on cow-calf efficiencies, etc.

    I looked at it. The last paragraph said that this study will qualify me to receive regular reports on raising beef sustainably, lowering greenhouse gases yada, yada...

    There will be a hook. Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 07:14 4 $=sustainability.

    Pay producers properly and they will grow it.

    Why don't some Industry players vertically integrate and grow what they need themselves.

    What is the definition of sustainability? = farmers growing crops "responsibly"? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Dec 3, 2020 | 07:16 5 There is always a hook.

    Follow the money. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 07:21 6
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    Not necessarily a scam. There will be a purpose, without a doubt.

    Whose research will be made available? Who is the real sponsor?

    A while ago someone called me to make sure I was aware of the $500 "grant" available to complete a "study" on cow-calf efficiencies, etc.

    I looked at it. The last paragraph said that this study will qualify me to receive regular reports on raising beef sustainably, lowering greenhouse gases yada, yada...

    There will be a hook.
    You haven't convinced me it is not a scam....

    I have been to a few cow and calf sales over the years....when they bring in a lot of calves they dont talk about the producer raising them sustainably.....they talk about how pretty and table top they are and how they will be ripping the grass....

    The auctioneer doesnt talk about their methane reduced feeding practices....DO they?

    Sustainable is just another buzzword made up by people like the DO MORE Ag or AGVOCATE types to access money from wherever under the disguise of helping farmers...

    You know what would help farmers.....read thread about what is going on in the states with adhoc / direct payments to farmers...that would solve alot of issues... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 07:53 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Another umbrella group where everyone joins and strikes out on a mission to add more aggravation to the day to day operations of farmers....WHY another group?????

    What farmers need are :

    1. Fair and equitable contracts
    2. Carbon credits for their contribution to saving the environment
    3. Less farm groups doing SFA
    4. Consolidation of farm groups not farms...
    5. Mandatory sales reporting from the members in this group

    But here is the scam......With funding from the Western Grains Research Foundation, the CRSC commissioned two literature reviews to assist members in accessing relevant research.....

    Just another leech on farmers money....money to assist accessing research?????????

    Someone tell me I am off base in my opinion that this seems like a scam.

    Bet I can tell you the names of some of the people that will be on that group getting paid. Same ones that are on most other groups and have been on everyone for their whole careers. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 08:00 8 Take a look at the following lists:

    The CRSC Governance

    The CRSC is governed by representatives of each of the following member categories who sit as members of the CRSC Steering Committee:

    Grower association (provincial, regional or national)
    Value chain council / commodity association
    Grain handler / marketer / exporters
    Input supplier – seed / fertilizer / agro-chemicals / financial services
    Food and feed manufacturing / distribution / retail / food service
    Environmental associations / sustainability certifiers and services / research and academic institutions

    The members of the 2018 Steering Committee are:

    Cam Dahl - Cereals Canada (Chair)
    Cheryl Mayer - Canadian Canola Growers Association
    Salah Zoghlami - Producteurs de Grains du Québec
    Jim Tokarchuk - Soil Conservation Council of Canada
    Taryn *****on - Canola Council of Canada
    Jackie Carleton - Pulse Canada
    Roy van Wyk - Canadian Seed Institute
    Kara Barnes - Barley Council of Canada
    Clyde Graham - Fertilizer Canada
    Russel Hurst - Croplife Canada
    Sonya Jenkins - Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
    Paul Thoroughgood - Ducks Unlimited Canada
    Robert Demianew - Control Union
    Tyler Bjornson - Canada Grains Council
    Jeff Fitzpatrick-Stilwell, McDonald's Corporation

    Now think about it for a minute no, just a second - who on that list is going to be heard the most loudly - the first dozen or so names, or the very last one? The one whose sole motivation is protecting his corp's green-washed image for the benefit of the shareholder and marketing purposes?

    The last one has absolutely no risk in pursuing his goals. He picks his favored products off the shelf stocked by the sweat and blood of almost every other interest represented by the upper tier of that list. And he will run the table.

    When he speaks, every head swivels toward him and everyone else stops talking.

    But Ducks Unlimited on there? Give me a break. What a perfect example of a useless, bunch of leeches. Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 08:03 9 I think Agriville should be getting a call from Taryn. Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 08:09 10
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    Take a look at the following lists:

    The CRSC Governance

    The CRSC is governed by representatives of each of the following member categories who sit as members of the CRSC Steering Committee:

    Grower association (provincial, regional or national)
    Value chain council / commodity association
    Grain handler / marketer / exporters
    Input supplier – seed / fertilizer / agro-chemicals / financial services
    Food and feed manufacturing / distribution / retail / food service
    Environmental associations / sustainability certifiers and services / research and academic institutions

    The members of the 2018 Steering Committee are:

    Cam Dahl - Cereals Canada (Chair)
    Cheryl Mayer - Canadian Canola Growers Association
    Salah Zoghlami - Producteurs de Grains du Québec
    Jim Tokarchuk - Soil Conservation Council of Canada
    Taryn *****on - Canola Council of Canada
    Jackie Carleton - Pulse Canada
    Roy van Wyk - Canadian Seed Institute
    Kara Barnes - Barley Council of Canada
    Clyde Graham - Fertilizer Canada
    Russel Hurst - Croplife Canada
    Sonya Jenkins - Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
    Paul Thoroughgood - Ducks Unlimited Canada
    Robert Demianew - Control Union
    Tyler Bjornson - Canada Grains Council
    Jeff Fitzpatrick-Stilwell, McDonald's Corporation

    Now think about it for a minute no, just a second - who on that list is going to be heard the most loudly - the first dozen or so names, or the very last one? The one whose sole motivation is protecting his corp's green-washed image for the benefit of the shareholder and marketing purposes?

    The last one has absolutely no risk in pursuing his goals. He picks his favored products off the shelf stocked by the sweat and blood of almost every other interest represented by the upper tier of that list. And he will run the table.

    When he speaks, every head swivels toward him and everyone else stops talking.

    But Ducks Unlimited on there? Give me a break. What a perfect example of a useless, bunch of leeches.

    They big names on there are just to help puppet the rest of the committee....those that are good at being told what to say are always invited to the party...they typically lack critical thinking skills Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 08:09 11
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    $=sustainability.

    Pay producers properly and they will grow it.

    Why don't some Industry players vertically integrate and grow what they need themselves.

    What is the definition of sustainability? = farmers growing crops "responsibly"?
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    There is always a hook.

    Follow the money.
    On the other hand, it may, indeed, be something else - not a hook, but another not-so-subtle device for gaining another level of control in ag.

    A device that will start out sounding good, but will eventually show itself for what it really is - a lever for imposing the hypocritical green agenda on all of agriculture.

    How many people are aware to the globalist goal of returning a huge portion of North American farmland to its original state?

    It's called the 'rewilding" effort.

    It is real, and it is easy to research.

    You will not like what you find.

    This is the end game of those who run these pop-up groups.
    Last edited by burnt; Dec 3, 2020 at 08:14.
    Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 08:11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    They big names on there are just to help puppet the rest of the committee....those that are good at being told what to say are always invited to the party...they typically lack critical thinking skills
    You actually sell them short - their critical thinking skills are inclined toward protecting their spot at the table.

    A Churchill type wouldn't have made things comfortable at that table.

    They say he wasn't very big on compromise. Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 08:20 13
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    You actually sell them short - their critical thinking skills are inclined toward protecting their spot at the table.

    A Churchill type wouldn't have made things comfortable at that table.

    They say he wasn't very big on compromise.
    A question to you.....think I would be good board material????? thump...I'm OK ...just fell off my chair laughing Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 08:44 14
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    A question to you.....think I would be good board material????? thump...I'm OK ...just fell off my chair laughing
    Rhetoricals can be so much more effective than lengthy explanation... Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 08:46 15
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    Rhetoricals can be so much more effective than lengthy explanation...
    Thank you!? hahaha Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 13:37 16 On farm.com, article about the CRSC starting consultations about creating what is called “responsible grains”, a brand to be created with a list of standards met by Canadian farmers if they choose to enroll. So yes bucket and burnt it looks like they want to greenwash Canadian agriculture just like A&W or McDonalds is attempting to do. What I find funny about fast food companies green washing is that they are selling hamburger, the cheapest cut of beef ground up from trim. The unfortunate reality is that as a rule these programs simply create more hoops for farmers to jump through with NO financial benefit! Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 14:17 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    On farm.com, article about the CRSC starting consultations about creating what is called “responsible grains”, a brand to be created with a list of standards met by Canadian farmers if they choose to enroll. So yes bucket and burnt it looks like they want to greenwash Canadian agriculture just like A&W or McDonalds is attempting to do. What I find funny about fast food companies green washing is that they are selling hamburger, the cheapest cut of beef ground up from trim. The unfortunate reality is that as a rule these programs simply create more hoops for farmers to jump through with NO financial benefit!
    Quelle surprise!

    Every farm organization that signs onto this is eligible for the Marcus Junius Brutus Award.

    They should instead be denouncing this highly partisan and divisive ploy and setting the record straight on what farmers have done to keep on top of environmental issues.

    And most of all, these groups should be pushing the users hard for better compensation for the efforts made.

    As Farmaholic implied - show me the money.

    But no - these all-powerful multinationals want all the benefit at our expense. Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 14:35 18 All that I see in agriculture lately is the law of diminishing returns....

    Guys are depressed with a 35 bpa canola crop in a dry year because they know they are losing money.... Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 17:52 19 I'm not against a retailer procuring, branding and marketing a product, and calling it sustainable. While the word itself is meaningless, and taken literally, is impossible to achieve, but if consumers are willing to pay a premium for something, then we are oblidged to separate a fool from his or her money. No different than Non GMO, or organic, or countless other marketing ploys currently being foisted on the uneducated consumer. As a producer, I can choose if the premium offered is sufficient to justify jumping through the hoops.

    Just don't make it a top down mandatory requirement for marketing our products to an indifferent end user, where the producers get to bear the costs. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 18:49 20 Pulse protein industry was developed in Canada.
    That’s a new market, actually astronomical opportunities.
    I’m glad it’s here and being developed here.

    Critical thinking without solutions is easy. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 3, 2020 | 18:55 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareearth View Post
    Pulse protein industry was developed in Canada.
    That’s a new market, actually astronomical opportunities.
    I’m glad it’s here and being developed here.

    Critical thinking without solutions is easy.
    Not to shit on it but its government money funding this...and so far they haven't created a BPA demand for close to 500million of taxpayer money... Reply With Quote
    Dec 3, 2020 | 21:48 22 Ducks Unlimited doesn’t have the best interests of agriculture.

    Why is DU involved in this roundtable? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like