• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snowmobiles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowmobiles

Gonna have spare time this winter and I'm looking for a sled. I haven't ridden since '98 and there's been a lot of change. I'm looking for something with reverse, efi, not a mountain sled (I can't believe how long the tracks are now), just a ditch banging trail machine. Any suggestions? Thinking 2010ish models would be in my price range.

If you are looking for something that new that isn't a mountain sled, you will have to look very hard, and probably much further from home.
    Any ski-doo will have RER ( electronic reverse, they run the engine in reverse) in that age range, not sure when the other brands started.
    The long tracks aren't as much fun in tight ditches, but getting stuck in deep drifts with a short track isn't much fun either.
    The EFI isn't as necessary as I would have thought. The flat slide carbs have been very reliable, start easy, no flooding, no changing jets, flip the machine upside down, and they start right up again. Although one of ours has over 20,000km, and the slides are worn enough to bypass a lot at idle.

Comment

We only trail ride.but the 137 track length gives you some off trail and a very smooth on trail ride.
      Check kijiji ..sleds don't last long on their this yr..
      2010 will be the E tec 600
      2011 will be the E tec 800 from Ski doo.
      Pretty good for reliable. No carbs..
      This yr find what you can in any brand..its like a spring farm auction.
      You will pay more.

Comment

Any Skidoo/Bombardier with the 900Ace is fantastic. Quiet, no smoke, no stinky clothes, hardly uses any fuel, plenty of power. My choice was Skandic WT. Have done absolutely nothing to it in 4 years. Approx 2000km per year, all just on the farm. Too busy this year so will be less.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
          Gonna have spare time this winter and I'm looking for a sled. I haven't ridden since '98 and there's been a lot of change. I'm looking for something with reverse, efi, not a mountain sled (I can't believe how long the tracks are now), just a ditch banging trail machine. Any suggestions? Thinking 2010ish models would be in my price range.
          I spent some time rebuilding this ole panterra. Had the motor redone , “new” belly pan , got the reverse working , replaced seat .

Not a ditch banger though lol ,
          Runs very strong for an antique, very comfortable trail , open field sled.
          But may be too old for some but still it has EFI , reverse and decent suspension.

Just waiting for a set of “Harley” handle bars so i can sit back and just let er run lol .

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
            You are not alone, bought a 09 800 RMK and a 99 XC 700 with 1000 miles on both. You likely want to stay away from the 800s apparently there's a piston shortage due to aluminum availability for polaris and skidoo. I hadn't rode since the turn of the century either. But needed something for the kids to do since their sports all got canceled. Had to rebuild the 800 already, airbox split with broken tabs, stupid 2 piece deal. The newer machines definitely don't ride the same as what you are used to. For reliability and just jump on and go, 800s are not your friend. Anything under 155 track is tougher to find. Heard nothing but good stuff on the Yamaha 4 strokes. Im learning all over again.

Comment

Just got two new cat 8s long track and love them. Kept our old 8 and two others if they run someone is out will use it and go with you to the sled shack.

Comment

Might be some good deals out our way coming up. Hardly any snow and melting every day. I will gladly park the sled all winter if it means no snow.

Comment

More dollars but if you don't like rebuilds buy a skidoo 4 strokes.
                  Been on them since 2011.. Zero engine troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    More dollars but if you don't like rebuilds buy a skidoo 4 strokes.
                    Been on them since 2011.. Zero engine troubles.
                    what do they do to make them start at -40, or will they?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      what do they do to make them start at -40, or will they?
                      0w-40 synthetic.
                      Rated for minus 49..
                      We have started them at minus 30 with no issues.
                      Fuel pump presurizes hit button fires immediately..way better than any 2 stroke.
                      No block heaters..use a dry sump .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...