Test Last voting day... Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Last voting day...

Test
Nov 30, 2020 | 09:41 1 Vote today ....the candidates vary from former MLAS. ...wannabe MLAS....and meeting addicts....to farmers that getting their feet wet...

Easy for those guys to be persuaded to talk the talk of the master's agenda.... Reply With Quote
Nov 30, 2020 | 09:42 2 Rookies will be hazed and the old dogs will have a laugh....

No sports so this is the game now... Reply With Quote
Nov 30, 2020 | 11:45 3 I threw mine away.

But more importantly I got my check off $ back.
Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 30, 2020 at 11:50.
Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Nov 30, 2020 | 11:48 4
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I through mine away.

    But more importantly I got my check off $ back.
    Not from saskpulse....and they need an awakening....

    Norm Hall and Terry Youwza..there are 2 meeting addicts....they must phuck a lot of things up on their farms ....so the rest of the family sends them to go phuck something else up..... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Nov 30, 2020 | 12:17 5
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I threw mine away.

    But more importantly I got my check off $ back.
    That is for sure your right to get a refund but if you get a refund you should not have a vote for that board anyway. Reply With Quote
    Nov 30, 2020 | 12:38 6
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    That is for sure your right to get a refund but if you get a refund you should not have a vote for that board anyway.
    On a year by year basis or does paying levy in the past 3-5 years give you the right to cast a ballot?
    And how far into the future?

    I continue to grow wheat.

    We need groups to push farmer/producer agendas.

    No SeedCo tax, we are already contributing.
    Fair contracts for producers, not one-sided.
    Market transparency.
    Farmgate to port costing review. Reply With Quote
    Nov 30, 2020 | 13:17 7 Everyone has a view on how things could be done better. Including myself and having served on one of these boards some time ago, I think we made some mistakes and did some good things.
    In my experience, most board members have good intentions-make the industry better for everyone. Not all tho-some do just want a winter ‘job’. They are almost certainly disappointed when they find out how much time, reading and decision making is involved, much of it unpaid volunteer time and therefore only serve one term. If you are looking for glory and recognition, all these boards are not the place for you. Some that have been on seem to rack up significant per diem totals. Most don’t and those are the ones there for the right reason.
    If you don’t believe in our system and want to take a refund, that’s your choice. If you want things to be done better, get involved rather than complain from the sidelines.
    One thing I would say with certainty-if farmers are not involved and making some of the decisions these boards make, someone with a different focus will make the decision for us.
    I only vote for true, active farmers. If you work for some company and are ‘involved’ in the family farm, sorry, not going to represent farmer interests. If you help your brother run his farm, and rent a quarter crop share, sorry, you are not qualified.
    Some amount of respect is needed for the true farmers that do serve intending to make things better. Otherwise, lower and less qualified people with other interests is all that will run for these boards. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Nov 30, 2020 | 16:26 8 Otherwise, lower and less qualified people with other interests is all that will run for these boards

    that's exactly what we have now.... Reply With Quote
    Nov 30, 2020 | 19:50 9
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Otherwise, lower and less qualified people with other interests is all that will run for these boards

    that's exactly what we have now....
    Seriously , if you don't request your money back you should run for one of the boards. You may find more satisfaction than throwing stones and change might happen in the direction you are looking for. Reply With Quote
    Dec 1, 2020 | 00:02 10
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Seriously , if you don't request your money back you should run for one of the boards. You may find more satisfaction than throwing stones and change might happen in the direction you are looking for.
    I can guarantee you the changes that would help Joe six pack farmer are not on the radar with boards... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Dec 1, 2020 | 09:50 11 Today I learned that my canola check-off was taken in Manitoba at $1/tonne because the canola was delivered into Manitoba. I contacted Sask Canola inquiring about my refund and they said they had no deliveries against my personal or farm name. It all makes sense.

    So now I guess I get to apply for an even bigger refund. SaskCanola check off is $0.75 versus Manitoba's $1. Reply With Quote
    Dec 1, 2020 | 13:23 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadtrack View Post
    Everyone has a view on how things could be done better. Including myself and having served on one of these boards some time ago, I think we made some mistakes and did some good things.
    In my experience, most board members have good intentions-make the industry better for everyone. Not all tho-some do just want a winter ‘job’. They are almost certainly disappointed when they find out how much time, reading and decision making is involved, much of it unpaid volunteer time and therefore only serve one term. If you are looking for glory and recognition, all these boards are not the place for you. Some that have been on seem to rack up significant per diem totals. Most don’t and those are the ones there for the right reason.
    If you don’t believe in our system and want to take a refund, that’s your choice. If you want things to be done better, get involved rather than complain from the sidelines.
    One thing I would say with certainty-if farmers are not involved and making some of the
    decisions these boards make, someone with a different focus will make the decision for us.
    I only vote for true, active farmers. If you work for some company and are ‘involved’ in the family farm, sorry, not going to represent farmer interests. If you help your brother run his farm, and rent a quarter crop share, sorry, you are not qualified.
    Some amount of respect is needed for the true farmers that do serve intending to make things better. Otherwise, lower and less qualified people with other interests is all that will run for these boards.
    one local guy here tried to run on one of these for cereals a few years back , well the regulars all banded together and campaigned together against the new one, and supported each other in plain sight,
    make no mistake , they don't want any new blood Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like