Test WTF?? Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

WTF??

Test
blackpowder's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 15:18 1 This site has diminished greatly.
Vitriol used to be reserved for cwb discussions.
First climate change then Trump/Trudeau, then social reset.
But Covid has brought out the worst so far. A clear testimony I believe to the change in human relationships with increasing social media usage. Many examples indicate to me that we are changing our ability to interact with other people because of our swipe right or left society.
We should all look in the mirror for a while then go work on relationships with real people. Reply With Quote

• Nov 29, 2020 | 15:49 2 Yes we are loosing in relationships, I had a woman say the other day they dont need men anymore ,they have sperm banks and vibrators most of the women were in agreement. I guess we go the way of the horse and buggy,only a few stuck to those days.
    Replaced by a battery operated toy,kind of thought we was worth more. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• LEP
    Nov 29, 2020 | 15:50 3 I agree. Two comments. First with social media everywhere it is a toxic polarized environment. It is easy to write the vitriol, stir the pot and dismiss counter opinion. Not sure if we need to consider the opinions of the polar opposite before we form an opinion. But I do think I can say with certainty that it is highly likely that no one is exactly right. The future reality will be derived from parts of both sides of the debate. Maybe more one side than the other.

Second opinion is that we are all sick of the increased isolation that has come because of Covid. Only the most willingly self isolated hermits pre-pandemic are little affected. Anyways, I can say it isn't the same for me to chat on the phone with my aging mother, siblings or friends. Even the occasional across the desk/counter chats with suppliers, elevators etc doesn't take place and it is wearing on me.

Like the saying goes we all feel to various degrees "I have one nerve and you are getting on it".

I do have to say that lately I find it helps if I channel all my frustration to my dislike for the PM and can't wait for the next election. It's the thought that gets me through this forced isolation. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Blaithin's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 16:01 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Yes we are loosing in relationships, I had a woman say the other day they dont need men anymore ,they have sperm banks and vibrators most of the women were in agreement. I guess we go the way of the horse and buggy,only a few stuck to those days.
    Replaced by a battery operated toy,kind of thought we was worth more.
    Lol

It’s true.

For centuries women have been reliant on men. These days we rarely are, especially to such a degree.

Men are no longer needed for many of women’s wishes. But relationships should not be so disproportionately based on the reliance and need of one party. Why does a woman need a man in order to have relationships with them?

Do men need to be needed and in control that much?

I don’t need a man. That doesn’t mean I don’t want a partner in life. I can live without one, I can choose to live with one.

Very similar to men really.

Maybe that’s part of the issue. People are angry that others choose to form relationships elsewhere. We are no longer held within our local area and our local communities. People can travel. People can access online communities. We have greater choice in who we form relationships with than ever. For better or worse. Reply With Quote
    Nov 29, 2020 | 16:02 5 This place has become sickening.
    I've contributed too, but I'm finding it hard stay, and do think I'm more of a moderate.
    I don't know if I've ever come across as many closed minded people in one place as here.

For fúck's sake people....bend a little, you won't break.

And what's with the incessant rabid need to prove somebody else wrong?

Take a pill already. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Blaithin's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 16:09 6 Cheer up farms. I had multiple chicken photo shoots the other day for new stock. Nobody’s really given me any place to post them yet!

Progress. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• BFW
    Nov 29, 2020 | 16:23 7
    Yes we are loosing in relationships, I had a woman say the other day they dont need men anymore ,they have sperm banks and vibrators most of the women were in agreement. I guess we go the way of the horse and buggy,only a few stuck to those days.
    Hopefully you get to remain a sperm donor because you know what happens to males not suitable for the breeding herd. Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 16:26 8 The covid shit will have more fall out that just the deaths..
    Locked down or just stay at home is not good for us who usually don't go many places either.
    The ones who travel away for winter..hope you can handle this to. Reply With Quote
    Nov 29, 2020 | 16:56 9 Covid is the wave that exposed a lot of naked swimmers. And that group with no other option turned far left. Govt has to save me because I cant keep up my 9 yr range rover lease and I spent our savings on a trip to disney for the kids. 8 Million of those types in a country with only 17M workers. 50%.

Sorry blackpowder, we are not all in this together and I dont want to sacrifice my hard earned gains for someone who cant save 3 months of income or even tries.

And how do I reconcile these famous lines from the left; climate change, energy poverty, UN, no borders, unfettered immigration, sell out to China, 1% elitism, lost sovereignty, disdain for workers, 4th term abortions, free drugs, everything racist, colonialism, religion bad, white supremacy, etc.

Please tell me where the common ground is with that group? Reply With Quote

• Nov 29, 2020 | 17:01 10 Well now you know why we are here. Some of us are scared . Irrational fear of the old order being upset. Too much attention to conspiracy theories . We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
    Last edited by agstar77; Nov 29, 2020 at 17:08.
    blackpowder's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 17:08 11 Interesting direction Horse and Blaithin. One of the areas my mind is often at.
    My psychologist (part of my giving back is to freely admit I see one) suggests that many people my age ish went from junior high maturity level to adult responsibilities without learning how to start, build and work on relationships.
    That with the impersonality of even texting and we seem to have a lot of single people who still react as if they're in junior high.
    A review of my communications with single ladies over the last year confirm this. Being on the receiving end keeps me scratching my head. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

LEP

• Nov 29, 2020 | 17:26 12 I believe that the quality of debate on this site and everywhere on social media would improve if people had to post under their real names. I do and it stops me short when I read some really retarded opinion and feel the need to educate someone......... Reply With Quote

• Nov 29, 2020 | 17:29 13 Everyone , enjoy the “beaver moon”, she’s a dandy ! Reply With Quote
    Nov 29, 2020 | 17:29 14 Anybody that knows me knows what my TSIPP means, I’m not hiding from anyone or anything. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 18:52 15 I had to google beaver moon.
    Kept reminding me of a certain position. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

LEP

• Nov 29, 2020 | 19:02 16
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    I had to google beaver moon.
    Kept reminding me of a certain position.
    Full tonight
    Nice Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Nov 29, 2020 | 19:17 17
    Horse, just so I understand right do you mean back in your day you had to wind the toys up before they had batteries and that's why they needed men? Reply With Quote

• LEP
    Nov 29, 2020 | 20:35 18
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Horse, just so I understand right do you mean back in your day you had to wind the toys up before they had batteries and that's why they needed men?
    You could say Horse is the vintage where “a roll in the hay” actually involved doing it in the hay. Reply With Quote
    Nov 29, 2020 | 20:58 19 If a topic is hostile I avoid.

Ignore users.

COvid refuse to get in argument one way or the other.

I post current situation here with out passing judgement.

Think before I type mostly.

Sometimes I’m gonna engage type reread, nah that’s not needed or adding to debate.

Almost etiquette.

I steer clear of underwear as well.

Still like idea of all encompassing farming forum, and another for everything else two only.

But ain’t gonna happen.

But that’s not point of this thread.

Everyone’s a hero behind keyboard since social media’s inception. Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 21:24 20 Combine the two thoughts... general decorum going to shit everywhere around us, and people thinking they dont need the "other".

Perhaps in a smaller world it was a selfish need of help in any form from others that kept your tongue bitten.

Now in a world where you have curated social media friends, jobs are short term gigs rather than careers, and individuality more than ever is derived from adherence to one or the other grievance group, you're far more less inclined to play politely. Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 21:26 21
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Everyone’s a hero behind keyboard since social media’s inception.
    Nov 29, 2020 | 21:29 22 This is whats wrong with this country nobody wants to stand up for themselves. Just bend over and take it like we have always done. Someone tell me whats wrong with standing up for something you believe even if it hurts some poor snowflakes feelings. This site is getting pathetic may be time to leave as its turned into a rainbow and unicorn feel good site. Reply With Quote
    Blaithin's Avatar Nov 29, 2020 | 21:43 23 Big disagree Sofa King.

There are many, many, many words in the English language. Why, when one is expressing their opinion, do people tend to default to the same few words that revolve around “you’re so dumb, I’m so right” The idea that by standing up for yourself you’re automatically hurting someone’s feelings is both narcissistic and unnecessary. Why do people’s feelings need to be involved at all, let alone injured.

People are too focused on their “right to free speech” that they don’t exercise their right to a broad vocabulary and choice of expression. People do not have to be rude, derogatory or offensive when stating their opinion. People do not have to be rude, derogatory or offensive when have discussions with people of differing opinions.

This does not make people snowflakes or pansies or easily offended because they are capable of using different words and expressing themselves in more polite manners. It means they are more polite people. And just an FYI, you catch more flies with honey. People being rude, derogatory or offensive are rarely listened too and are more likely to be dismissed as the curmudgeons they’re acting like.

Do not confuse an ability or right to express an opinion as a right to be heard or a right to be a dick or even that you’re standing up for yourself. People are allowed to not listen to people just as much as they’re allowed to spew whatever garbage they see fit.

The entire idea that somebody being polite or avoiding confrontation is “bending over and taking it” is a vulgar image representing why there may be such a lack of manners in today’s society. It should not be viewed as being weak to have manners. People cannot gripe that nobody today has manners and then condescend that people with manners are soft****s.

If a person cannot even associate and converse with others who exercise manners and differing views and feels they must leave.... well I’d be more concerned about that persons ability to relate to other people than I would ever worry over my own. They must be a lonely individual indeed.

To feel that the world needs more argumentative and angry repose in order to stand up for views and beliefs and that there’s too much frufru rainbows and unicorns around.... I think the world needs a bit more frufru right about now.

And I for one am glad I have the ability to talk without purposely offending people or becoming offended. It is apparently a rare skill set.
    Last edited by Blaithin; Nov 29, 2020 at 21:52.

• Nov 29, 2020 | 21:59 24 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 29, 2020 | 22:26 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Lurking View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree with Earl on that. Reply With Quote
    LEP
    Nov 29, 2020 | 22:35 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Lurking View Post
    Yes Bin Lurking wise words that everyone including you should heed. Reply With Quote
    Nov 29, 2020 | 23:09 27 I agree with the, "you define yourself ", but not the "you don't define them", other wise how have you come to the mental conclusion of judgement.
    So I take that back, I partly agree with Earl.
    I would buy Earl a half a beer. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

LEP

• Nov 29, 2020 | 23:21 28
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Horse, just so I understand right do you mean back in your day you had to wind the toys up before they had batteries and that's why they needed men?
    I was thinking more along the line that women needed men more for financial security,now thats not near as important as they have way more autonomy . and its way easier to walk away than fix the problem thinking the grass is greener only to find thats not always the case. Even in the hay.
    There are long marriages and there are good marriages but there are very few good long marriages. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like