• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kato

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kato

How did the meeting at the Narrows turn out???

Couldn't make it either hey Joe? I hope it turned out good.

Comment

Turned out really well. The crowd wasn't that big, but then Big C wasn't the main reason for the meeting, so there were just a few extra people above and beyond the fellows from Quebec. Everyone was quite impressed with Cam's speech.

They said he made a lot of sense, and I think he got to speak with the fellows from Quebec afterward too. I'll be interested to see how this proceeds.

I didn't realize that they would feed us too! (I ate supper before I went) There was a supper before the speeches. I recommend the Narrows Lodge to anyone passing through Manitoba. They did an excellent meal, and it's a beautiful location.

Cam spoke quite a bit about the proposed cow plant, and I think there was interest there. There are several prospective plants coming up in Manitoba, with any luck, but they wouldn't be looking for cows, so a good cow plant would be a good thing. I don't think there was anyone there from Rancher's Choice, but they would be a very good group to get in touch with. Perhaps an alliance would be an option.

One concern Betty Green has is the fact that as it stands now, with so many cattle being finished in Manitoba instead of Alberta, and then being shipped west to slaughter, the MCPA is losing a lot of checkoff money.

Perhaps that is a concern that a new plant could address somehow. I'm not talking about the proposed checkoff for the new plant, I mean the existing checkoff. Alberta Beef Producers is getting the money as it stands now.

We seem to have some support from the Bloq Quebecois regarding the testing issue, so that's encouraging. Especially with a minority government.

Comment

Thanks Kato,I was there briefly but when nothing was happening yet by 8:00 I decided it was time to run away.
        Narrows Lodge is truly a beautiful place and that interlake country is a ranchers dream.This was my first trip into that area and it is impressive to say the least.Water,grass,hay,good roads,not too many people....perfect.I would love to fly over that whole area and get a real look at it.Cheers to the cattlemen in the inter-lake area for having the smarts to call it home.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...