• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My northeast sask friends

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My northeast sask friends

Our lamb shanks now on the menu at the Dam Smokehouse Nipawin, in case you are heading out for a meal!
    Racks up next.
    Last edited by Sheepwheat; Nov 25, 2020, 16:08.

Are they open, or take out only? Quite a unique interior there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	179.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	770439

Name:	186.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	770440

Name:	187.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	770441

Oh goodness that was yummy and huge!
    Last edited by fjlip; Nov 25, 2020, 16:19.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Are they open, or take out only? Quite a unique interior there.
      They’re open for now at least. I haven’t had smoked lamb yet. I may head up and have a go...

Comment

In my opinion there is no better place to go if you are hungry. Some of the best tasting food you can get anywhere and the amount will leave you stuffed.

If anyone goes on a crop tour of the NE grain belt don't miss out on the Dam Smoke house!

Faron told me a shut down would really put him in a tough spot so I really hope it doesn't come to that.
        Last edited by seldomseen; Nov 25, 2020, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Our lamb shanks now on the menu at the Dam Smokehouse Nipawin, in case you are heading out for a meal!
          Racks up next.
          Finally !! Good job
          Looking forward to trying them

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Finally !! Good job
            Looking forward to trying them
            It takes time for sure. From first contact which was in March, to COVID screwing things up, to sample tryouts and perfecting the recipe, it takes a while. I hope it turns out for him... His fb page description has me mouth a watering!

I just realized I hope I ain’t breaking rules on here, tooting our own horn so to speak. If so, remove the thread.

Comment

Good heavens man, toot away.

You're marketing your livestock.

Best of luck.

Comment

Well done
                Good for you and your farm 👍

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Good heavens man, toot away.

You're marketing your livestock.

Best of luck.
                  Ha. We have another half dozen interested hopefuls on the go as well. COVID is a damper these days, hopefully temporary. After learning more about the restaurant business, I sure do worry about their future fortune as well.

We are really enjoying this racket. It is crazy that I, not being a real people person, ie. I could live on a trapline two hundred miles from any road and be perfectly happy. Yet I am enjoying meeting these fine people, and sharing our products.

It is rewarding of course whenever someone makes an order. We need to expand our flock rapidly, as business has been really taking off lately. Word of mouth is our best friend. It is odd to me that I actually worry now that we will be short on product. Last thing I want is to tell one of our buyers, sorry we can no longer fill your orders. That would suck in a big way.

It’s a balancing act. Some places need shanks, some racks, some sausage, patties, ground, others want meatballs, whole lambs, offal, legs, ribs, shishliki, etc

Trying to use up a lamb to fill orders is crazy at times.

Let’s just say freezer space has been at a premium for us. I Shooting a moose, an elk, and my three hunting kids each got a deer. We are running out of cold vehicles to store game in. Lol

Comment

Oh my you sound busy! Covid what Covid? you are immune. Good luck.

Comment

I didn't need another reason to go to The Dam Smokehouse, but now Ive got one. I'll try the lamb next time. For those of you that haven't been, you are missing out!

Comment

Originally posted by Maver View Post
                        I didn't need another reason to go to The Dam Smokehouse, but now Ive got one. I'll try the lamb next time. For those of you that haven't been, you are missing out!
                        The Dam Smoke House is a long way from the fúcken Ghetto.

Comment

See if they deliver...

Comment

It's worth the drive.
                            Bite after bite of perfectly seasoned and smoked meat that falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.

Comment

Who is buying.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...