• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So SA is Dry The USA is Dry and Well Canada is bone dry?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So SA is Dry The USA is Dry and Well Canada is bone dry?

Winter wheat ratings dropped yesterday surprise surprise surprise.

We have just come off a cycle of one of the wettest periods in our history and could this be the beginning of the drought years. Similar to the 30s 80s etc. Cycles come and go.

Europe was dry and finally got some moisture it's too late for winter ****seed planting but alright timing for the rest.

Brazil and Argentina are in a serious time right now the rain is needed in the next 14 days or they are in serious problems.

Canada has snow cover big fricking deal. You need what a foot of snow across the field to give an inch of rain. So yea it's shitty to sled so really no moisture in what we have so far.

Now the USA thanksgiving Thursday will have most quitting on Wed and not back till Monday. So who knows what will happen in the next 4 days.

Move along SF3..obviously you are still on morphine....the drought doesn't matter until 75 -90 percent of the grain is contracted to those that will profit the most....

Same goes for accurate reporting of the crop size and any other pertinent information that may actually help farmers...

Sarcasm ...just in case you are still on morphine and its making you loopy....
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 24, 2020, 07:57.

Comment

Retailers and specialty canola handlers keep asking if I want to commit to growing canola, aka buy or commit to seed 5 and a half months before I need it and sign a basis or production contract. It's pretty hard to get excited about trying to establish canola in what could be dust.

We are tapped out.

Canola and flax could be hard to establish
      Canary seed has a shallow root system.
      Mustard is no better than canola and flax

I have no idea if April will have decent rains to help alleviate the dryness.
      Moisture maps look worse than dismal in our area.

We could probably drive anywhere we wanted in our stubble feilds with a 4X4 right now.

Cowboys need spring run off to fill some critically low dug-outs and some spring rains to kick start parched pastures in this area. Neighbor is already thinking his cattle won't be on grass until next June.

Not too funny in the Slum of the Ghetto!
      Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 24, 2020, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Retailers and specialty canola handlers keep asking if I want to commit to growing canola, aka buy or commit to seed 5 and a half months before I need it and sign a basis or production contract. It's pretty hard to get excited about trying to establish canola in what could be dust.

We are tapped out.

Canola and flax could be hard to establish
        Canary seed has a shallow root system.
        Mustard is no better than canola and flax

I have no idea if April will have decent rains to help alleviate the dryness.
        Moisture maps look worse than dismal in our area.

We could probably drive anywhere we wanted in our stubble feilds with a 4X4 right now.

Cowboys need spring run off to fill some critically low dug-outs and some spring rains to kick start parched pastures in this area. Neighbor is already thinking his cattle won't be on grass until next June.

Not too funny in the Slum of the Ghetto!
        FFS farmaholic did you go visit SF3 and get some of his morphine drip????

This doesn't matter if it is just a farmer concern...move on to something else...

more sarcasm....

Remember this though......we are one day closer to a rain.

This won't matter until some companies cant fill a train or the grain isn't there to move ...then all hell will break loose....
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 24, 2020, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          FFS farmaholic did you go visit SF3 and get some of his morphine drip????

This doesn't matter if it is just a farmer concern...move on to something else...

more sarcasm....

Remember this though......we are one day closer to a rain.

This won't matter until some companies cant fill a train or the grain isn't there to move ...then all hell will break loose....
          He wouldn't share.

Comment

How do you tell if morphine has any effect on his comments?

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              How do you tell if morphine has any effect on his comments?
              That's funny.....good for a laugh this morning...

Checking can you finish the rest of the story....I need to know the answer...

Just in good fun SF3...

Comment

Drought not a problem around here but this area's contribution to the canola rally was to have a poor crop due to flooding.

Comment

Be careful writing the crops off.

While the drought is a concern, be careful getting overly pessimistic and failing to market some grain during this nice bull run market.

A few good rains can add to yield quickly. It is normally this dry here 3 out of 5 years in the fall and I have grown many great crops the following year.

Yes crop prices MIGHT still be going to the moon, but what I have noticed is that once everyone is talking about why the market is going to go way higher, the bull run is over. I am hearing almost all positive to the moon talk, and starting to fear that this may be close to the high.

Don’t let greed or pessimism cloud ones look at market prices.
                  Last edited by poorboy; Nov 24, 2020, 17:47.

Comment

Right about now "deer in headlights" and freeze do nothing till prices retreat then....scared panic selling. Seen this hundreds of times in my career. Good luck living in this BULL time. Profits everywhere....analysts say.
                    Wild oats was 40% sold Canola Aug 25, never said what price locked.
                    Last edited by fjlip; Nov 24, 2020, 18:31.

Comment

No bucket I’m not on the new Morphine any more. It’s interesting shit.

I just about saw I think it was god turned the handle to open the gate and then i fell backwards and I knew I had to go back and stir up shit some more.

Interesting week in grain marketing as most brokers and buyers are done tonight till Monday.

Rookies are here.

Will it be a weak week I think so.

Next week could be explosive.

Interesting fact my arm looks like a junkie with blood tests twice a day and IV working not working redo.

Ah fun times No not the diet I wanted.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...