• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sawfly resistant cwrs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sawfly resistant cwrs

We have sawfly to the point that we are not going to plant any cwrs next year. Have been inquiring about resistant varieties since they delisted the old ones. Seed growers suggest varieties with midge and sawfly combination which is not what I want. Does anybody on the forum have info on new varieties with just sawfly resistance?

You have to wait until they can rename the variety they already had as something spectacular so you can pay for the right to grow it...get with the program...

disclaimer....sarcasm.

Comment

Find some common Lillian and call it by the name of something from the same lineage that made it into the CWRS class.

Your ability to grow a cwrs variety that stands up to sawfly is the least of the plant breeders right's concern, they only want their pound of flesh......even if that leaves you with no meat on your bones.

Maybe gluten strength in de-registered varieties would have been fine in drought years that encourage sawfly out breaks.

Maybe.......

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        You have to wait until they can rename the variety they already had as something spectacular so you can pay for the right to grow it...get with the program...

disclaimer....sarcasm.
        I was thinking that enough time had passed for that to happen. Cross my fingers and wait for the new improved Lillian.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.