• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bumper Canola Crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree when I did the summer tour from Weyburn to Regina over to Yorkton kamsack Wadena north to PA melfort down to Saskatoon Davidson Regina over to Rosetown down to swift and Moosejaw and home. Covers the province said it was average at best. Now 35 is needed.

But the big dog kept telling every broadcast its a huge crop on Yorkton radio. Even after the combines rolled.

He is so full of shit it's not even funny.

Those who sign up deserve to get shitty info.

Comment

Will canola hit $14 by the end of the week?

Comment

BUT the new expensive varieties always yield more than they look from the road.Atleast the neighbors say so.
        LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          BUT the new expensive varieties always yield more than they look from the road.Atleast the neighbors say so.
          LOL...
          Putting a variety and breeder sign up adds 10 bushels per acre!!!!!!!!!!!

Free fųcken advertising......where's tweety when you need him.

Comment

The whole media system is phucked. There are no journalists anymore that tell the story only the story they are told to tell. Just look at the American election. Only an agenda not the facts. And it’s on both sides. They are only there to confuse the people that can’t think or fact check or ground check for themselves. It’s a sad world when people are easily bought off to believe what the media tells them and they take it as gospel. 99% of the people in this world could give two shits what the canola crop is like as long as the canola oil is on the shelf at the grocery store. Our job is to produce cheap food so the rest can spend their money on other things and that doesn’t happen if the buyers gotta pay more for those little black seeds.

Comment

hiring a marketing advisor is almost as dumb as hiring an agronomist. It really isnt all that hard.

Comment

Viterra estimated 44.5 bpa average.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  And who would that benefit with an estimate like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    un***cingbelievable actually

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      And who would that benefit with an estimate like that?
                      Their sales..
                      PROVEN SEED NEXT YR..
                      Better try some..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Their sales..
                        PROVEN SEED NEXT YR..
                        Better try some..
                        I was thinking more that they could buy canola for a lower price.

Comment

Talked to our local crop insurance adjuster last week and 90% of folks in our area are in a claim position so that’s under 80% of normal or worse.

Our canola was about 75% of normal. Flooding and the late heat wave made 60 bushel straw and 37 bushel crop.

No bumper crop out here. Quality was good though which is nice for a change.

Comment

Nah that’s just conspiracy theory thinking........... they would never try lean the market in their favour........ would they? 😉

Comment

They first have to handle what they have let alone any more. With all the other grain cos around now they are not much of a force in this country but a mere footnote in history.

Comment

Because they are experts....

Why doesn't a politician have to answer for their lies and corruption????

Same deal....

Advisors make money either way ...they don't care ...they are there to comfort your decision...if questioned about it...they will turn it on you and say you were comfortable with your decision .

Disclaimer ....I dont grow canola but is there really 19mmt canola crop in 2020????my guess is somewhere between 18-18.5mmt
                                Statscan was out this morning at 18.7MMT.....I dont even grow canola

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...