Test Wish me luck farm related Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Wish me luck farm related

Test
Nov 21, 2020 | 11:59 1 38c dead calm yesterday good harvesting weather.

Hit the hay at midnight.

4.30am 25 c could or should be back at it.

39c today but dry lightning to my west in coming .

So checked news checked agriville coffee bacon, lightning patrol till mid morning its seems.

That darn nap scenario might be in order mid afternoon some rain forecast.

Hope it does reduces risk Reply With Quote
fjlip's Avatar Nov 21, 2020 | 12:33 2 I have never experienced anything remotely near your situation. Totally foreign. Do your best, -20C this morning, 2' of snow. Reply With Quote
Nov 21, 2020 | 13:19 3 I’m with FJLIP. Once we stopped baling hay that got too dry and left it till dark but that’s it. No such thing as too dry or hot here during harvest. Dry lighting........... rare as a bikini in January.

Only -15 and a foot of snow here.
Do we live on the same planet?😉 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 21, 2020 | 13:29 4 2018 had to shut the combines down mid august afternoon. Two or three days in a row I believe Harvesting lentils in 42 degree heat and rotor gear case was pushing oil out from overheating. Extreme fire hazard. Here in the hood of south central. Straight outa Compton 😜 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• helmsdale's Avatar Nov 21, 2020 | 13:33 5
    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    2018 had to shut the combines down mid august afternoon. Two or three days in a row I believe Harvesting lentils in 42 degree heat and rotor gear case was pushing oil out from overheating. Extreme fire hazard. Here in the hood of south central. Straight outa Compton 😜
    South East alberta here, and august harvesting can present the same sorts of challenges. By september it usually tames down, but 35 degrees with a stiff wind and you're asking for serious trouble. Get into that 40 degree range and its time to just go home and drink beer on the couch... Reply With Quote
    Nov 21, 2020 | 13:36 6
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsdale View Post
    South East alberta here, and august harvesting can present the same sorts of challenges. By september it usually tames down, but 35 degrees with a stiff wind and you're asking for serious trouble. Get into that 40 degree range and its time to just go home and drink beer on the couch...
    August harvesting. Lol

Here it’s more usual to be combining wearing a parka than it is wearing a t shirt! Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Nov 21, 2020 | 13:44 7 We have a code of conduct.

And weather stAtions with same info.

Humidity wind and temp calculated once it reaches a certain number on scale harvesting should stop. Not mandatory but 95% comply. Insurance issues if you don’t.

Anyway 1 mm of rain humid sonthats enough to stop lightning strike ignition. Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Nov 21, 2020 | 14:27 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    August harvesting. Lol

Here it’s more usual to be combining wearing a parka than it is wearing a t shirt!
    In the late 70's wore a snowmobile suit in a cab without a heater...swaths sparkled with frost Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 21, 2020 | 15:01 9
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    In the late 70's wore a snowmobile suit in a cab without a heater...swaths sparkled with frost
    That was me in 1993. John Deere 95. Window open to prevent frost on glass. Sparkling swaths. Happened a lot since, just have a heater at least now. A/C is for those rare days with sun! Lol Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 21, 2020 | 15:10 10 Black as a dogs guts here at moment incoming anytime i reckon Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• blackpowder's Avatar Nov 21, 2020 | 15:12 11 Keep up the posts.

Hoping in 5 years I can see it for myself. Reply With Quote
    Nov 21, 2020 | 15:16 12 Might have to give up posting a bit but trying to break the covid trump mask cycle.

Im guilty though i did our covid situation. Was gonna post a pic of mecwith a mask but blathin would have counterpunched with a chicken photo

And aplogies actually i was meant to put this on my harvest happenings blog post Reply With Quote
    Nov 21, 2020 | 19:23 13 Let me help her......

Name:  20201121_192259.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  92.1 KB Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• fjlip's Avatar Nov 21, 2020 | 19:38 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    That was me in 1993. John Deere 95. Window open to prevent frost on glass. Sparkling swaths. Happened a lot since, just have a heater at least now. A/C is for those rare days with sun! Lol
    Now I remember thanks for the memory jog, we had a heater BUT the windows fogged right up so, shut it off to keep them clear...but below zero air from fan! Reply With Quote
    Nov 22, 2020 | 04:12 15 Our week upcoming kid you not.

From tommorow 23 26 36 32 43 43

Night harvesting only on fri sat.

Im 1963 v8ntage heat is starting to knock the stuffing out if me.

Not super unusual though. Remember growing up as a rooting around onnpush bikes in local dam we used to have seemingly weeks of 40c Reply With Quote
    Nov 22, 2020 | 07:50 16 Mallee I always enjoy what you have to contribute on this forum. Down here in SW Sask where I live hot temps at harvest are usually 9 times out of 10 here. Last year 35+ degrees C was the norm. Shut down for a few hours ang go at her mid - late afternoon. Better than boiling everything to death. Call me crazy.

The problem with where we live is that we are always long on heat and wind , and short on rain. If some of the yields other people consider as " normal" showed up here , I would crap in my pants ! HaHa !

I would love to travel to Australia one day. Hoping we get the opportunity.

Not impressed how China graced us with their accidental virus. Reply With Quote
    Nov 22, 2020 | 09:06 17 Well thank you kind sir.

But galaxie i did veer off course and post someth8ng political against my better judgement.

But blaithin didn’t poultry shame me.

Shemust have thought itcwas passable or she is asleep at the wheel.

We must farm with similar mindset.

Completed fields thus far 2.45t ha barley and 1.7 t ha lupins. Reply With Quote