• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steinbach

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masks are completely useless,

if your shopping and touching items, others have touched,,, and then you put your hand to your mask to adjust it, you just contaminated your mask, the very thing you're breathing through!

also if your asymptomatic, and your touching your mask,,, every item you touch is contaminated, every railing, every handle, every switch, every cart, every can of soup, etc...

If Pro Maskers, would spend as much time telling people not to touch their masks, , , as they do, telling others to wear a mask,,, we'd be getting somewhere.

But maskers who see others wearing a mask think they're safe,,, they just didn't see the other masker touch their mask around the corner, or in the other isle, 2 minutes earlier.

Just asking for a friend,,,, has anyone exhaled while wearing a mask outside in -20'C??? does the mask contain all the steam from your breath as you exhale??? the same thing happens when your walking around indoors, shopping in a store,,, even if you're buying essential items.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
      Just asking for a friend,,,, has anyone exhaled while wearing a mask outside in -20'C??? does the mask contain all the steam from your breath as you exhale??? the same thing happens when your walking around indoors, shopping in a store,,, even if you're buying essential items.
      beaver, can you smell smoke through your mask? I dont see firefighters wearing them. Nor the people in the lower level biosecurity labs around the world.

Otherwise they would have been mandatory in ICUs, emergency rooms, maternity wards and cancer clinics long ago. I have had intimate experience with all those places and not once did anyone ever don a mask or ask me to wear one. In 2012 when a bad flu was ravaging calgary my new born got it. No masks at the childrens hospital even though dozens of kids came through with it.

If they have any protection at all, its miniscule and it only takes a single virus particle to infect another person.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
        And staffed 100 new hospitals how? Trump university grads or Jazz school of medicine. 4 years to train an RN and 8 for a doctor. Do you think the Covid will agree to wait that long before infecting any more people? Cause it sure didn't listen to you when you said repeatedly this summer there would be no more deaths in US and that it would go away after the election!
        Good thing you arent making any decisions for the country dml.

There are hundreds of first responders and other suitably trained medical staff that can be enlisted to assist. Here during the last spike, all surgeries and other elective procedures were shuttered. Private practices were closed. By my estimation thats a lot of idle doctors that could be added to the cause, instead they went to their winter homes in AZ.

maybe your PM should announce a single new hospital now before we see this again. Does that make any sense to you at all? $350B buys a lot of healthcare. A billion dollars is a pretty nice hospital. Then we wouldnt have to worry about our hospitals every again. I see none even under consideration. No money into care homes either.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          And staffed 100 new hospitals how? Trump university grads or Jazz school of medicine. 4 years to train an RN and 8 for a doctor. Do you think the Covid will agree to wait that long before infecting any more people? Cause it sure didn't listen to you when you said repeatedly this summer there would be no more deaths in US and that it would go away after the election!
          I know that we are told over and over that the medical system is overwhelmed. Hell it's generally overwhelmed on a normal day to day operating basis. In a public system we ration. That's just the way it is.

Couple thoughts:
          1) not every MD program is 8 years. UofC for example is 2 years of classtime, 1 additional year of basically in the field apprenticeship. One does not necessarily have to complete an undergrad degree, and it certainly doesn't have to be anything related to the medical field. So... If there was a concerted effort in this country, there could be a swell of doctors and RN's at least partially trained that could have been coming online here shortly had we planned for something like this from the onset.

2) Not every doctor nor nurse is working full time. There is slack in the system. Part time could be brought up to full time, full time to overtime, and retired or unemployed(for whatever reason) brought back into the system.

3)MD's especially in Alberta were already read the riot act in March. They were told that they could be shunted out of their local communities to wherever they were needed in the province. I don't think this has happened yet, but the possibility certainly exists.

4)Jazz's comment on 100 new hospitals is not entirely incorrect. While it would be impossible to build in any sort of short order 100 new Foothills/South Center/RUH style hospitals, I'm certain that at least a portion of the $350B could have been put into ensuring we had the necessary equipment to set up field hospitals in cities/towns which had surges that were blowing past traditional hospitals to deal with them. Sports stadiums are sitting empty.

Now you can pick all those 4 thoughts apart into how implementation of any of that would be impossible, but isn't it the job of our elected ones to figure out ways to make these things possible? $350B solves alot of short term problems...

I wonder what it is our elected officials did the last 10 months? Saying over and over again, "we're all in this together" is only going to get us so far. Children need the instruction and interaction that school provides to prepare them for the post-covid world that they are going to inherit. Working aged people need to be able to provide for themselves through gainful employment. Retired people need to be able to live out their retirement years as happily and healthily as possible. Those nearing the grave need to be able to live their final years out with dignity. This ALL should have been possible! Instead we seem to spend more time fortifying our own little ideological castles and screaming at "the others" that it's all their fault as to why we cant live a decent life.

Comment

Masks are completely useless,

if your shopping and touching items, others have touched,,, and then you put your hand to your mask to adjust it, you just contaminated your mask, the very thing you're breathing through!

also if your asymptomatic, and your touching your mask,,, every item you touch is contaminated, every railing, every handle, every switch, every cart, every can of soup, etc...

If Pro Maskers, would spend as much time telling people not to touch their masks, , , as they do, telling others to wear a mask,,, we'd be getting somewhere.

But maskers who see others wearing a mask think they're safe,,, they just didn't see the other masker touch their mask around the corner, or in the other isle, 2 minutes earlier.

EXACTLY what i see everywhere and on TV....our wonderful PM, Dr's, narrative edited from DON'T TOUCH!

So if YOU wear improperly, YOU might be spreading. If aerosol, it's everywhere people are anyway, masks or not. Keep your immunity up, eat, sleep, shut the media off.
            Last edited by fjlip; Nov 21, 2020, 12:29.

Comment

Anybody see a cell phone video posted of the Steinbach hopital showing emty wards when they said they were over capacity?
              I never saw it but hear people talking about it.
              Might be an urban myth.

Comment

Just asking for a friend,,,, has anyone exhaled while wearing a mask outside in -20'C??? does the mask contain all the steam from your breath as you exhale???

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                beaver, can you smell smoke through your mask? I dont see firefighters wearing them. Nor the people in the lower level biosecurity labs around the world.
                I guess me being rhetorical, was lost on you.

Comment

You can get a return flight to the US for about $200 that includes 200k covid insurance and coverage for 2 weeks self isolating.
                  Says to me the insurance industry have calculated they can make money on a small premium.

Comment

New Strains Of COVID Could Render Vaccines Completely Useless, And 2 Dangerous Mutations Are Already Spreading

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/new-strains-covid-could-render-vaccines-completely-useless-and-2-dangerous-mutations-are https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/new-strains-covid-could-render-vaccines-completely-useless-and-2-dangerous-mutations-are

Comment

Seriously. People need to think. A positive test, which is debatable because the testing is deeply flawed, is different than a medical case.

Medical cases are rare. Positive tests are far less rare.

We are being led down a garden path. A fearful and hyper overblown path. Every positive test result, is not a medical case. Like not even close.

This needs to stop already. Count medical cases, sure maybe. But tell us breathlessly that there are a hundred and fifty “new cases”, when what is true, is positive test results, the VAST majority of which will never show symptoms? Or maybe not smell for a few days. Ridiculous!

What a gross and ridiculous thing going on here.

Think. Please. Think.
                      Last edited by Sheepwheat; Nov 21, 2020, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Seriously. People need to think. A positive test, which is debatable because the testing is deeply flawed, is different than a medical case.

Medical cases are rare. Positive tests are far less rare.

We are being led down a garden path. A fearful and hyper overblown path. Every positive test result, is not a medical case. Like not even close.

This needs to stop already. Count medical cases, sure maybe. But tell us breathlessly that there are a hundred and fifty “new cases”, when what is true, is positive test results, the VAST majority of which will never show symptoms? Or maybe not smell for a few days. Ridiculous!

What a gross and ridiculous thing going on here.

Think. Please. Think.
                        Too bad you are not capable of following your own advice!

Comment

The Hutts at Star City had I think 31 positive test due to trace back from the Alberta funeral.
                          They described the symptoms as like the fist long hot day you spend in the cab with the air con on high.
                          I saw a mainstream media report that more or less said 85% mild to asymptomatic 10% more serious and 5% may require hospitalization.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                            Too bad you are not capable of following your own advice!
                            Shocker. A leftist resorts to personal attacks.

Comment

I guess me being rhetorical, was lost on you.
                              Missed it beaver.

As a side note; just ask anyone wearing a mask and glasses if they are fogging up. How many times does someone adjust their glasses and masks every day.

I see nobody is too concerned about touching common things anymore. Menus, credit cards, cash, store items, receipts all passed back and forth now with no protection, no gloves nothing. Somewhere along the line the virus became airborne and forgot to pass itself along direct contact vectors.

What a mess of misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                                Shocker. A leftist resorts to personal attacks.
                                Facts/logic/rational thought make heads explode....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Answer the improper mask wearing and EYES! I dare you!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...