• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFU and commodify marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that we’ve got The CWB out of the way and gotten rid of every small town elevator, LOOK At ALL the Room for Flour Mills and Pasta Plants. Companies must be still deciding where to PUT them. 😀

Comment

*** the NFU. Wayne Easter used to be head of NFU that should tell everyone what that shit show is all about.

Comment

Rural doesn’t buy the lefts bullshit.

Period.

Comment

So this is how Singh plans to use his political capital??? Lever the Liberals into bring back the CWB???
          And he probably thinks he'll win over farmers and gain MPs in the process.
          Liberals might just go for it too, as they would take greater control over farmers once again, and they'll likely create a way to control our carbon output, by controlling our crop choice or intensity, possibly by requiring quote to plant!
          Liberals have done worse things to the natural resource industry,,, I wouldn't put it past them, that they could quota our seeded acres, make us plant grass, or trees,,, all in the name of carbon control.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
            Now that we’ve got The CWB out of the way and gotten rid of every small town elevator, LOOK At ALL the Room for Flour Mills and Pasta Plants. Companies must be still deciding where to PUT them. 😀
            That was a little white lie, a shell game to get the job done.
            Any chance to get big plants built if at all, had passed decades prior.
            If you are sincere about wanting the old elevators back I question if you really grain farm.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              Regardless of NFU policy the CWB is not coming back anytime soon.

Its just good to see that since the CWB was taken away that farmers have no marketing or transportation issues to complain about! LOL

What's interesting though is the Conservatives and the majority of farmers still support compulsory marketing boards for poultry and dairy products.

Considering marketing freedom was the rally cry of the anti CWB folks there seems to be no similar concern about dairy and poultry.

If the border was open and supply management marketing boards disappeared, imports would shut down a lot of Canadian farms and the dairy industry would be thrown into chaos.
              So this comment made by a former director of the CWB. And you wonder why the CSB could not adapt or change. Can you imagine comparing the old CWB and growing and selling all crops to supply management as a reason why we should implement a New CWB ? Comparing marketing boards that restrict all imports and only sells domestically. So chuck wants to restrict the amount of crops we grow to equal only domestic usage? When we export what 90% of what we grow? So Chuck you want to have a new CWB that’s I’ll only allow you to grow 10% of what you used to grow. You all can truly see how small minded people like Chuck truly are. That post says it all.

Comment

Honestly, I appreciate this thread.
                I've been laughing out loud every time I read it.
                Like having a joke forum.
                Wooden elevators.
                50 bu sales.
                Producers shouldn't have the cost of freight factored in their inventory value at bin. (Heard that one here this week)
                Small farms arent profitable because we dont have a marketing board.
                I want to haul with my 3 ton.
                Where's the flour mills?

Some of you should write comedy professionally.

Comment

I was glad to see the board gone, made no sense to me but I've lost a shit load of money this year contracting. Between the price increase and the the compulsory buyout of unfulfilled contracts((multiple hail storms).
                  I'm pretty pissed at this contracting system right now, weeks behind on deliveries with no recourse.
                  Some one please draft a generic farmer friendly contract that these POS companies have to agree to before they get our commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                    I was glad to see the board gone, made no sense to me but I've lost a shit load of money this year contracting. Between the price increase and the the compulsory buyout of unfulfilled contracts((multiple hail storms).
                    I'm pretty pissed at this contracting system right now, weeks behind on deliveries with no recourse.
                    Some one please draft a generic farmer friendly contract that these POS companies have to agree to before they get our commodity.
                    we all have lost money contracting, goodrum
                    only guys that haven't lost are bullshitters or people that don't contract
                    notice when prices are up you don't hear of anyone that contracted anything

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      we all have lost money contracting, goodrum
                      only guys that haven't lost are bullshitters or people that don't contract
                      notice when prices are up you don't hear of anyone that contracted anything
                      Lost or just could have made more? The contract made sense at the time I signed it. Life is all about averages, the wife says when I cry about past decisions....she is right.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                        An act of god clause would be good to have for sure .

Comment

Lost yes we all have them.

Some times you win some times you lose.

But at least it’s not a 1.99 initial and wait for years to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            Lost or just could have made more? The contract made sense at the time I signed it. Life is all about averages, the wife says when I cry about past decisions....she is right.
                            Yep
                            Thats how i look at it

Comment

I can make my own mistakes. I do leave money on the table.....all in hindsight!

$1.50/bushel difference between my first two loads of canola sold and my last two.
                              None of which "needed" to be sold.

Two dollars a bushel difference between a load of flax sold and what I could get for the rest.

What was the old saying about being in the top percentile of the price range? What percent was that?

Consistantly hitting the high is pure luck.

The way I used to sell was the "All or Nothing" method..... nothing like being really wrong on everything!

Comment

The government can't afford to start up another CWB, too expensive. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.