• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybeans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soybeans

Grainco paying 12.50/bus today, , , no special, just the price with a crappy foreign xchange. Still taking 2.75/bus basis.

Soybeans up another $0.1075USD/bus tonight.

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
    Grainco paying 12.50/bus today, , , no special, just the price with a crappy foreign xchange. Still taking 2.75/bus basis.

Soybeans up another $0.1075USD/bus tonight.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	770399 canola support.

But only the rare guy growing the soybeans around here.

Comment

More profit in just buying and selling them on the board than trying to grow them round here

Comment

At least here, friends do not let friends grow soybeans...

Comment

Hauling last of beans tomorrow.

Comment

Here in the Ghetto, fiends let friends grow soybeans, so they can buy their land when they go broke.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Here in the Ghetto, fiends let friends grow soybeans, so they can buy their land when they go broke.
              You have those type of neighbours too?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                Hauling last of beans tomorrow.
                Hauling mine next week, thought I was a genius selling at 11.43, now palm to the forehead.

Growing R-1's, I like using my own seed, makes them much more viable as a crop rotation, with lower input cost.

In my area, SE SK, the weather can alter yield more than the difference of using R-2 or better(then wouldn't be able to use your own seed)

Peas are rotting here, like having another pulse option unaffected by disease.

Rotation crop as I've sworn off flax, a glyphosate crop which helps clean up problem ground, cheap wild oat spray.

Comment

Hauling mine next week, thought I was a genius selling at 11.43, now palm to the forehead.

Growing R-1's, I like using my own seed, makes them much more viable as a crop rotation, with lower input cost.

In my area, SE SK, the weather can alter yield more than the difference of using R-2 or better(then wouldn't be able to use your own seed)

Peas are rotting here, like having another pulse option unaffected by disease.

Rotation crop as I've sworn off flax, a glyphosate crop which helps clean up problem ground, cheap wild oat spray.
                  You have any R1 seed ?

I like cheaper input crops like that and flax ....then you don't have to buy bins to make the same NET money.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    You have any R1 seed ?
                    Nope, just saved enough for myself for next year.

Comment

Nope, just saved enough for myself for next year.
                      Good idea ..seed and innoculant makes it affordable ...

Just another crop in the rotation that helps lengthen it..

Would be nice to be able to do the same with canola after 20 years or use older varieties?

Comment

Good idea ..seed and innoculant makes it affordable ...

Just another crop in the rotation that helps lengthen it..

Would be nice to be able to do the same with canola after 20 years or use older varieties?
                        I think as soon as BASF or whomever stops selling a variety for a new one we should be able to grow it brown bag. That way they definitely need to offer new varieties that are worth growing before they get rid of the old reliable varieties.

Keep them honest.

Comment

Close to 12 dollar new crop soybeans. ..

Is it worth the try again with dry conditions?

Comment

Do I hear 13. Interesting. Now for 10 in wheat.

Comment

Close to 12 dollar new crop soybeans. ..

Is it worth the try again with dry conditions?
                              Overnight trading hit $12+.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...