• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agriinvest in corporate, and personal accounts, close the personal?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agriinvest in corporate, and personal accounts, close the personal?

Since incorporating all of our farming income goes through the corp, none personal. Recieved a letter that our personal Agriinvest account will be closed if we don't file.

Can anyone see any reason to file and keep the personal open?

Are there any other programs tied to that account that could apply personally?

Will we ever have a reason (or ability) to declare farm income personally again?

Great time to take it out and access the cash. Didn't your accountant mention this in any of the planning? I would think if you got some kind of letter stating a close out that you might not have much options other than RRSP's to push off the income.

If its not a big taxable balance, completely close the account. No longer needed if farming in a corp now

Comment

I don’t see any reason to keep a personal AgriInvest open if your going to file all your farm income thru a Corp.

Comment

Closed individual Aginvest account when incorporating. Never did enroll in either program again.

Save money on accounting and participating in a Government program. Put the money in blue chips which pay great dividends. Take matters into my own hands, the less I have to deal with the Government the better.

You hear that Righties?
        Last edited by foragefarmer; Nov 16, 2020, 18:55.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
          The account is basically empty already.
          Changed accountants since incorporating. Original accountant suggested we continue filing a null form of something personal, but almost 5 years later, I can't remember which form it was, or why it was suggested. This is the only one that fits the description. Probably can't ask him now. I just can't see what purpose it would serve?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...