• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustard

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustard

Brown......
    Oriental...
    Yellow.....

All mustards will have to have a huge price increase for next fall in order to buy some acres.
    Lots of acres already or will be bought up for other crops.
    I d wait for that increase if considering this crop.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      All mustards will have to have a huge price increase for next fall in order to buy some acres.
      Lots of acres already or will be bought up for other crops.
      I d wait for that increase if considering this crop.
      That’s what I was thinking

Comment

Still kicking tires on yellow for next year. They say it's more "drought tolerant" than canola... $0.35/lb is break even for me with an average crop. Let's just say that nearly every year I grow it my expectation of what "average" is, keeps diminishing! Its turned into more of a lower upfront cost rotational crop to me instead of canola, but longer term costs associated with the increased seed bank are putting the lower cost up for debate. This land grows buckwheat, and they HATE buckwheat in yellow. Spiralling that out at 5-8bu/hr makes for a full time job in the winter time.

Comment

I'm thinking production in some of the traditional areas may have been muted by dry conditions.

Subsoil moisture is tapped out in some areas, a decent snowpack may not replenish deeply....except to where it runs off to.
          Good soaking spring rains would do more.

I wish S/U ratios were available for the different types instead of lumping them all together.

Comment

Helmsdale, do some Edge. But it is pricy in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Helmsdale, do some Edge. But it is pricy in my opinion.
              I do... it's ok, but not excellent. Late season kochia, and in particular buckwheat can get going in late june early july once efficacy starts to wane.

Contemplating stacking edge and low rate authority on outside rounds and areas that are slightly saline. Thatd likely help the kochia problem, but still would leave the buckwheat.

Anyone have any experience using edge and authority at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                I do... it's ok, but not excellent. Late season kochia, and in particular buckwheat can get going in late june early july once efficacy starts to wane.

Contemplating stacking edge and low rate authority on outside rounds and areas that are slightly saline. Thatd likely help the kochia problem, but still would leave the buckwheat.

Anyone have any experience using edge and authority at the same time?
                Without moisture you are SOL....but you might have the solution to that...lol...

I tried oriental mustard under a pivot ...watered the hell out of it....20bpa...m

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Without moisture you are SOL....but you might have the solution to that...lol...

I tried oriental mustard under a pivot ...watered the hell out of it....20bpa...m
                  So you can buy rain!!!!!!!!! But it is very costly?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.