• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, yes Jazz, I meant 2021, but if there is 2021 production problems......2022 becomes relevant.

MY BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Lol, yes Jazz, I meant 2021, but if there is 2021 production problems......2022 becomes relevant.

MY BAD.
      We are 1/3 through the winter almost and soil moisture is still low. That dump of snow we had is slowly going everyday here and will be bare ground in a week.

Dont see much in the forecast. We can still get a dump in march yet. But the odds of excess moisture in the spring are not promising as it stands.

Comment

When the fall of 21 prices get higher than today. Then everyone is worried.

Comment

Well we are only about $10/ tonne away from $600!

Only thing is, I didn't think RSF21 would get there before RSN21.

About a $17 inverse at the moment.
          Closing in on $600......

Comment

What is Canada's "peak canola"? (Inspired by burnt's "peak Canada" tread, that's what I thought it was about at first glance)

When moisture is good through-out the Western Canada, not too dry in typically arid areas and not too wet in typically moist areas and rotations aren't pushed to the max...... on average, what is Western Canada capable of? What was the Canola Council's target again?

Comment

So when does one start selling new crop?

Comment

Originally posted by wheatsnowcanola View Post
                So when does one start selling new crop?
                What offers have you been getting?

What's available?

Comment

What offers have you been getting?

What's available?
                  Seeing $11.20 for next October around here

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                    Seeing $11.20 for next October around here
                    Wonder if that is a true indication of market and sales or another way of prying open the bin doors today?

Comment

Oh I meant the crop I just harvested. To me that is my new crop. Don’t normally sell it till spring.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatsnowcanola View Post
                        Oh I meant the crop I just harvested. To me that is my new crop. Don’t normally sell it till spring.
                        I think most would agree,,, once it's in the bin, it's old crop.

Comment

What is Canada's "peak canola"? (Inspired by burnt's "peak Canada" tread, that's what I thought it was about at first glance)

When moisture is good through-out the Western Canada, not too dry in typically arid areas and not too wet in typically moist areas and rotations aren't pushed to the max...... on average, what is Western Canada capable of? What was the Canola Council's target again?
                          think those idiots were shooting for 50 Mmt ,you know at $6 , that sure would work out good for us?
                          and using some of our money to sell it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            think those idiots were shooting for 50 Mmt ,you know at $6 , that sure would work out good for us?
                            and using some of our money to sell it
                            Growing more will make you less....bins to store for graincos...machinery etc etc..

This was a smaller crop and elevators are behind....worse yet some are reducing hours...

You have what 45 vessels on the west coast and the families are reducing hours...

Potash, refineries , fertilizer and steel companies work 24/7 for the process...grain cos work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and create backlogs ...then go to government to send the bill to farmers...

Food for thought...

Comment

Bucket “growing more will make you less” “Come on man”

What do you suggest?

How’s about cutting costs, and improving efficiency? That’s the corporate model.
                              Or
                              Just sells or goods for a higher price?

Growing less you are doomed to fail.

Comment

How many times have we all heard guys saying they aren’t going to work over time, the government will just tax me more.

You just don’t want to be around those guys, they will drag you down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...