• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both those years values held up quite nicely until the July/Aug timeframe, probably when it looked like new crop supplies would be secure and adequate.

What did 09 and 14 production look like.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      $13/bus delvd to my local terminal whats every one else seeing?

Us Dollar Index with a 89 handle.

Seen guys saying 14 and even 15 but don’t know where or when.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Both those years values held up quite nicely until the July/Aug timeframe, probably when it looked like new crop supplies would be secure and adequate.

What did 09 and 14 production look like.
        09 crop was adequate except very late. That was the year millions of acres were snowed under then the weather turned around and guys were taking it nearly dry in November. 08 crop was alright too.

13 was a good crop. Was just as well to sell it all off the combine. 14 was down a little but the carry over from 13 held prices down.

Comment

Just looking back at historical price of canola, it was $138.00/bu in today's dollars in Nov. 1974, and probably only lasted a few minutes and was never offered at elevators.

Comment

Heard of $15 somewhere in Alta. Anyone know the details?

Comment

Originally posted by wheatsnowcanola View Post
              Heard of $15 somewhere in Alta. Anyone know the details?
              I wonder if that’s specialty canola?
              It is over $15 again.

Comment

Sold my basis yesterday -1 March delivery, will ride this a little longer before I commit to a futures price or sell and buy a call for July.

Comment

Are European countries buying Canadian canola this year?
                  Could this be part of the reason for the continued move higher, because Europeans can afford to pay a higher cost for canola?

Comment

All new crop beyond $14 here now.

Sorry, old crop. Oops.
                    Last edited by blackpowder; Dec 18, 2020, 13:19.

Comment

Over $14 for March here.

Comment

I just hope most Producers have some(or all) old crop left to capitalize on this magnificent rally.

If you had to sell some for cash flow needs don't beat yourself up over it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I just hope most Producers have some(or all) old crop left to capitalize on this magnificent rally.

If you had to sell some for cash flow needs don't beat yourself up over it.
                          I'm still beating myself up for selling a good portion of 19 production, and most of carried over 18, and 17 in late summer, after keeping it all that time. Didn't keep nearly enough gambling bushels. Price seemed like a gift at the time compared to where we have been. Should have been building bins instead of hauling grain.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            I'm still beating myself up for selling a good portion of 19 production, and most of carried over 18, and 17 in late summer, after keeping it all that time. Didn't keep nearly enough gambling bushels. Price seemed like a gift at the time compared to where we have been. Should have been building bins instead of hauling grain.
                            If I had more money than God, I wouldn't hold inventory long very readily.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              If I had more money than God, I wouldn't hold inventory long very readily.
                              Once when flax was at about $14 was talking with a fellow who said, "well that's great but I would've sold all mine at $12 so it really doesn't matter to me. Great attitude if you ask me, but yes he wasn't short of money.

Also, building bins just for the sake of storing multi-year canola can get old in a hurry especially if some goes up on you. If there is a need to upgrade some old storage and the price offerings are just too, too low it make sense

Comment

gotta like to close today, no?

Last Friday before Christmas,,, started the morning high, then selling off midday like is typical of a Friday, then rallying near the end of the day to close so strong.

I wouldn't have been surprised at all, if we would have seen a substantial selloff yesterday and today.

Where can this thing go? Your thoughts appreciated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.