• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Significant precipitation event 10 days out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant precipitation event 10 days out

US and Euro models started showing the possibility of a significant system pushing in next friday at the earliest.

Later US and CDN models are pushing significant moisture into southern 1/3 of SK/AB.

Snowfall totals with 10:1 snow:liquid ratios are significant.

If it blows in on the back end of forecasted warm weather, S:L ratios will likely be higher as the Kuchera ratio is indicating...

Comment

We got four inches of snow. It melted. Roads wet, fields wet. Snow under the right conditions adds moisture for sure.

Comment

Glad I got the snowblower all shined up moving a barley pile ... it’s ready to go lol

My son been watching this as well the past few days . Some areas will get significant snow
        Hopefully areas that need moisture get it .
        Be best if it snowed then melted and soaked into the dry areas of the province, but we are into November so who knows for sure yet

Comment

Calgary had 6" and all melted, lucky them.

Comment

Had 3/8” rain here yesterday and the yards and gravel was soft before that from the frost coming out. Brother is out cultivating currently and I thought we were done two weeks ago after -15 and snow. Might get all the fieldwork done yet.

If this is our Indian Summer I’ll take it. Not even needing a coat most of the day here. Moving cows is even enjoyable. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              Snowfall totals with 10:1 snow:liquid ratios are significant.

If it blows in on the back end of forecasted warm weather, S:L ratios will likely be higher as the Kuchera ratio is indicating...
              I decided not to snow on your parade like I tend to do to long range forecasts....

Comment

Someone else is welcome to all my snow this winter. We are really dry this fall so I took a chance and filled some serious washouts that have been growing in size over the many wet years that we have had.
                I could really use a low spring runoff to give the dirt time to settle and get something growing in those runs!
                Only spring in my life when there was no runoff was 2002.

Comment

about 4-5" here
                  should melt tues wed?

Comment

Precipitation what's that?

Comment

where you at robert ?
                      we have probably had 8-10 snow all tolled , but sure dry here in the NE

Comment

East Saskatoon dry as a desert! Maybe even drier! We just miss everything lately.

Comment

Wet here. Snow melted and now it’s slimy.

Comment

Corn stubble worked up nice yesterday,

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Corn stubble worked up nice yesterday,
                              What brand of disc. I m looking for one but don’t want one that ridges badly. Is that a sunflower versatile? Looks like a nice job

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...