• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden plan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biden plan

I must be to poor with my calculator. How is North America ever going to pay for this no petroleum pipe dream. Can you imagine the total cost for the urban people to go all electric. The power installations with 50 amp plugs. How about the agriculture sector. Those urban folks have no idea how much more there food will cost. It will have to go up lots. Electric tractors and combines. Think the new X9 is expensive? Wait until it all goes electric. And how about disposing of all the petroleum facilities and the clean up for decommissioning these sites. This will never work in that short of time. Food will vanish and bank accounts will be drained. All to fuel someone’s political agenda for wealth. Shelves were almost empty with the coronavirus. It’s no different then our carbon tax here. I bet very little if any is going to climate change rather it’s going to general revenue so the liberals can spend like fools. We better hope the Democrats don’t win in the USA or we are all done especially with the current agenda they are preaching about. I really hope I am over thinking this.
    Good bye North America.
    Canada needs our natural resources to pay for all this spending. That includes lots of oil.

Or they’re actually going to be trying to catch up to all these other countries with modern rail systems etc. Biden hasn’t said it all changes in one day. There has to be some movement to what the future is rather than what we’re doing here sitting and waiting for oil to go to 100 bucks meanwhile crying about why people aren’t working well maybe develop something else.

And what plan does trunk have? Nothing other than space travel. Which is a good idea it might be rhe only area he hasn’t borrowed money From and couldn’t operate a business to make any money to pay it back.

If he goes ahead too fast and charges everyone to do the switch without jobs to replace the old jobs then yes will be a problem but everything he’s saying will take immense jobs and higher technology.

Comment

He can’t remember where he is most days never mind what he promises. He won’t be alive to see most of it come to fruition. I wouldn’t worry about it Spyguy when we get short of food all these crazy ideas will be dropped.

Comment

If anyone won’t make the term it’s trump have you seen that lard ass on the stage he can’t even walk. Must be arthritis from the bone spurs and all his active duty protecting the country.
        Not to mention you honestly don’t think he’s actually the one either mentally retarded or way past Biden as far as brain dimentia.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          If anyone won’t make the term it’s trump have you seen that lard ass on the stage he can’t even walk. Must be arthritis from the bone spurs and all his active duty protecting the country.
          Not to mention you honestly don’t think he’s actually the one either mentally retarded or way past Biden as far as brain dimentia.
          Doesn’t answer the question of who can afford this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyguy View Post
            Doesn’t answer the question of who can afford this.
            Who can really afford to stay in the past is rhe real question? Can we in Saskatchewan afford to spend like oil is 100 bucks when it isn’t and have all these deficits and sorry to disappoint you but this isn’t an ndp government here. We re stagnant and our newest hero’s the buffalo parry have no platform other than crying like babies about how much went to Ottawa when their members were governments from here too stupid to make rhe numbers work better in that regard.
            We keep forgetting in order to send that much money we were making lots of money yet we’re still in a deficit. What morons.

Comment

The nutcases don’t care about the fact that man can not control climate. It’s all about their agenda to kill the oil companies, the powerhouses of North America. Just so happens Western Canada was getting too powerful and the East wants to take us down. The climate change lunacy just makes it logical in their twisted minds.

Comment

The only benefit I see is that Alta and Sask won’t be sending big money to Quebec. I am sure the carbon tax will head that way. Better go and charge my truck in so I can go to town tomorrow. Maybe in a 25-50 year phase in I can see this change but can’t drink enough to think this will work without major failures.

Comment

Is oil a limited supply? If it is like they scared us for years to artificially raise the price. Why are we burning it in vehicles when we should be saving it for the hundreds of other uses we need it for?

When rhe first computers came out as big as a desk just to do simple tasks did you ever dream you’d have the entire internet in a phone in your pocket?
                  Last edited by the big wheel; Oct 29, 2020, 23:36.

Comment

Yes I will agree that times are changing. However it took almost 100 years to build and develop the oil industries. Can’t phase it out in 10 years. Only dreamers with personal agendas will pursue that option. Oil was never in short supply. You know that as well as everyone. Alone in Alberta and North Dakota that supply is huge. A gradual switch based on world economics should dictate the speed to which it will switch. Without oil the world economics won’t be here and neither will we be farming. Might as well get into tech school to become a electrician or a sherif for repo’s. Neither will be out of work.

Comment

His plan is just to try to stay awake longer than 10-15 min at a time between sniffing girl’s hair

Comment

Further more nobody has answered my question as to how will this work. If North America started putting in power poles and stringing line they would never get it done in 10 years. Could you imagine the cost and especially in the shield to get to the North. Oh and by the way now we now have the distribution set up now how about the supply. We can’t have nuclear generated power up here because people don’t want it. So can’t burn coal or natural gas and hydro is running at capacity so how are we going to make all this free non polluting power? Wind? Solar?
                        I am not a political person. Just asking questions. Don’t really trust politicians. If things were so good here we would not have 9 cents tacked on to our farm diesel fuel in the last 2 years with carbon tax and provincial butchering of the farm fuel program.
                        How about this. Manitoba is removing the education tax from farm land. Maybe everyone should pay for there own schooling needs.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                          Is oil a limited supply? If it is like they scared us for years to artificially raise the price. Why are we burning it in vehicles when we should be saving it for the hundreds of other uses we need it for?

When rhe first computers came out as big as a desk just to do simple tasks did you ever dream you’d have the entire internet in a phone in your pocket?
                          What’s your thoughts on DEF ?
                          Burn 30% more fuel to save a bit of CO2 .....
                          Sorry , let’s be honest here
                          It like Hydro will be a big part of the future of green energy in Canada... lol , between environmental and Native issues not one single dam will be built in Canada in the next 30 years, I will bet $100 on that
                          Then add in all the solar panels and wind turbines in landfills that will save the climate

Every one needs to take a breather and start looking at all sides and stop pushing overheated agendas on all sides FFS . It is going to kill our children’s future to even have a chance at life

JMO

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            What’s your thoughts on DEF ?
                            Burn 30% more fuel to save a bit of CO2 .....
                            Sorry , let’s be honest here
                            It like Hydro will be a big part of the future of green energy in Canada... lol , between environmental and Native issues not one single dam will be built in Canada in the next 30 years, I will bet $100 on that
                            Then add in all the solar panels and wind turbines in landfills that will save the climate

Every one needs to take a breather and start looking at all sides and stop pushing overheated agendas on all sides FFS . It is going to kill our children’s future to even have a chance at life

JMO
                            As far as environment issues to build dams are you saying there aren’t the same environment issues to expand oil? We re requiring train routes pipe lines etc etc.

If drilling for oil was done the same as when it started years ago would it be feasible now? No And as I said no one is saying right now today we just stop producing oil. That would be insane we need oil for so many things.

Solar and wind is no different than oil in that regard except if we can master them they go on and on endless.

As far as def why hasn’t diesel been developed so the function of def already is built into it? And to be honest I m not a chemist I don’t really know how effective it is at reducing emissions. And I really don’t believe it has been proven emissions are causing a climate problem or to what extent. Emissions do produce a pollution problem.

Solar panels and turbines in landfills have you seen the abandoned well sites abandoned equipment occurs in anything you build unless you put more thought into even doing that in a more salvageable way which shouldn’t we be doing no matter what we do?

Bottom line also oil supply is limited we don’t worry about it because it won’t run out in our life time maybe our kids lifetime but how much further out until it’s used up? Are we not being irresponsible in that regard? By burning it excessively for fuel in cars we won’t have it for
                            Everything from paints to medicines etc etc how does that make sense?

One area I don’t understand why isn’t developed further is geothermal heat and cooling.
                            Last edited by the big wheel; Oct 30, 2020, 05:54.

Comment

My my don't we have a bunch of luddites on this discussion . Get out the whips and saddles. We will transition from oil. The question is how and when.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...