• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More airline bailout talk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More airline bailout talk

Looks like airlines are lining up for a package soon ....in an industry that can charge to make themselves profitable when covid is over...

Airlines want forgivable loans....these are companies that were making good money just a few short months ago...

Where is our farm groups when they hand this money to airlines?

Why don't they stand up and say how about farmers that don't have the ability to mark up their product?

Dairy farmers have said show us the money promised.
    Last edited by bucket; Oct 24, 2020, 09:39.

Air Canada HQ is in Montreal. Expect big $$$$.

Comment

i sure feel sorry for that industry, the whole hospitality industry and all the workers
      one day you're flying a 747 , next day you're working on a labour crew at $22/hr

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        i sure feel sorry for that industry, the whole hospitality industry and all the workers
        one day you're flying a 747 , next day you're working on a labour crew at $22/hr
        One day your pushing a rig, next day your taking orders at a drive through window

Comment

yea don't miss that pushing/babysittin job at all
          luckily i missed the dive thru window

Comment

There is an ad on the radio that says we are all in this storm together but we are not all in the same boat. Sure is a true statement ,most of the people in our town would light there hair on fire to get $22/hr.

Comment

How have grain farmers been affected by COVID19 that need immediate compensation for?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                How have grain farmers been affected by COVID19 that need immediate compensation for?
                The same amount that have been affected in the states that Trump has been throwing money at...

Which has distorted the market...

The airlines are just having a drought....why not analyze their books over a 5 year period and wait until they are done books and then average it out....

Why not an agristability like program to analyze the airlines issues?????

Comment

Youre lucky horse
                  Oilpatch ****ed us right up here and closest well is 5 hrs away
                  We pay kids in school $14 and theyre hard to get to come
                  $25 is min wage for a man here, and we are happy to have them
                  And now were competing against trudopes covid/video game/basement money
                  Last edited by caseih; Oct 24, 2020, 10:49.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    I am really happy i am doing what i am doing where i am doing it right here right now!

Comment

Hey tweety maybe two years of zero canola going to China.

Oh wait others are buying then mark it up and sell to China.

We lost 2 dollars a bushel but who’s counting.

**** I hate stupid farmers

We’re getting handed our lunch by other countries and we play dead. We’re so proud of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                        There is an ad on the radio that says we are all in this storm together but we are not all in the same boat. Sure is a true statement ,most of the people in our town would light there hair on fire to get $22/hr.
                        Interesting, most farmers would be very happy to have an employee with their Class 1A for only $22/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

We’re getting handed our lunch by other countries and we play dead. We’re so proud of nothing.
                          He/she isnt a farmer

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

What’s that got to do with Covid?

Yeah canola is a government sacrifice farmers are paying for, but can hardly say it’s because of covid.

I haven’t really seen Covid affect grain prices negatively. If anything it could be a driver in the prices currently going up. The real cost to grain farmers would be how the price of other things - inputs, parts, etc - have gone up and how some things take forever to arrive, if they can be had at all.

Covid hasn’t caused farmers to close their doors or only allow half occupancy or frightened away customers. It probably hasn’t required a large investment in new infrastructure for ppe for employees either. Has it made anyone miss work?

Costs are up, but is production down because of it?

Really if there’s a list of industry’s that have been fairly cushioned from the pandemic, Ag has to be on there. Especially grain. Even the blips in the packing plants seem to have smoothed out and I doubt any grain farmer would say they have it worse than the chicken or pig guys that had to burry entire barns.

Comment

It's about helping out when shit hits the fan....

Airlines auto dairy get handouts...

Irrigation farmers are rarely hurt but are receiving 40 bucks an acre. .

No fault of their own...

Dryland farmers get SFA with a drought or lower prices...unless you are 50 percent of a 3 year Olympic average. ..

You see where I am going...big picture stuff....not a myopic look at did a guy suffer because of covid. ....

Every industry other than ranchers and dryland farmers get the same help in a shorter time frame. ..

Feeders got a set aside ....will the cow calf guy get help as their prices fall....nope that's the market....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.