• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Hummer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EV Hummer

Finally an EV truck is coming to market, now just have to find some loose change in the couch to cover the $110K starting price.

What a farce these electric vehicles are. All of them are double the price of a regular vehicle, unless you want to stuff yourself in a Nissan leaf.

Absolute clusterfck.

Get me a peer reviewed article chuck.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/20/gmc-reveals-the-hummer-ev-1000-hp-350-mile-range-and-0-60-in-around-3-seconds/#:~:text=General%20Motors%20today%20revealed%20the ,of%20a%20gas%2Dpowered%20pickup. GMC reveals the Hummer EV: 1,000 HP, 350-mile range and 0-60 in ‘around 3 seconds’
    This isn't a cybertruck, it's a supertruck

The electric Hummer starts at $80,000. That gets buyers the Hummer EV2, a two-motor version that lacks key advertised features. For $100,000 buyers can get the Hummer EV3x, which includes three motors and torque-vectoring steering. For $90,000, and a release date of Spring 2023, buyers can get the EV2x, which includes air ride and four-wheel steering.

Jazz, are you still using your $1500 voice only cellphone the size of a small appliance?

Are you still driving a Ford model A? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Finally an EV truck is coming to market, now just have to find some loose change in the couch to cover the $110K starting price.

What a farce these electric vehicles are. All of them are double the price of a regular vehicle, unless you want to stuff yourself in a Nissan leaf.

Absolute clusterfck.

Get me a peer reviewed article chuck.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/20/gmc-reveals-the-hummer-ev-1000-hp-350-mile-range-and-0-60-in-around-3-seconds/#:~:text=General%20Motors%20today%20revealed%20the ,of%20a%20gas%2Dpowered%20pickup. GMC reveals the Hummer EV: 1,000 HP, 350-mile range and 0-60 in ‘around 3 seconds’
      This isn't a cybertruck, it's a supertruck

The electric Hummer starts at $80,000. That gets buyers the Hummer EV2, a two-motor version that lacks key advertised features. For $100,000 buyers can get the Hummer EV3x, which includes three motors and torque-vectoring steering. For $90,000, and a release date of Spring 2023, buyers can get the EV2x, which includes air ride and four-wheel steering.
      Have you seen the price on new vehicles lately? A new diesel 3/4 ton is $100k.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Jazz, are you still using your $1500 voice only cellphone the size of a small appliance?

Are you still driving a Ford model A? LOL
        Chuck2, I thought electric vehicles were simpler with less moving parts. According to a CBC article I just read starting price is $105000 CAD. If they are so simple why so damn expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Chuck2, I thought electric vehicles were simpler with less moving parts. According to a CBC article I just read starting price is $105000 CAD. If they are so simple why so damn expensive?
          Well I guess moving millions of tons of overburden to mine out cobalt and rare earth elements in poor countries has to be paid by someone. But dont think about that. Oil sands bad.

Not to mention the used EV market is going to be worthless and fixing these things will be out of the question, so more planned obsolesce, just like cell phones and computer. Off to the land fill.

We have 40+ yr old combustion engines laying around the farm that dad can jump to life in an hour.
          Last edited by jazz; Oct 23, 2020, 07:54.

Comment

Well I guess moving millions of tons of overburden to mine out cobalt and rare earth elements in poor countries has to be paid by someone. But dont think about that. Oil sands bad.

Not to mention the used EV market is going to be worthless and fixing these things will be out of the question, so more planned obsolesce, just like cell phones and computer. Off to the land fill.

We have 40+ yr old combustion engines laying around the farm that dad can jump to life in an hour.
            I agree but it won't be the greenies buying them it will be the guy that wants a truck that will blow the doors right off his friends gasser. 0-60 in 3 secs sounds like fun imo. That is as quick as the 2021 Corvette.
            Last edited by biglentil; Oct 23, 2020, 08:02.

Comment

Resale less than zero because owner will have to pay to dispose of it.
              Same as panels and windmills.

Comment

It's a luxury truck.

It's a convertible.

It's priced lower than a duramax Denali.

Electric motors, especially that kind, run pretty much forever.

There's nothing simple about this vehicle... It's a top of the line luxury truck...

You guys are so worried trying to discredit new technology, you'll keep doing it right up to the day where there's no gas or diesel pickups left to buy... And probably still bitch about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  Resale less than zero because owner will have to pay to dispose of it.
                  Same as panels and windmills.
                  Yes , that’s the dark side avid supporters refuse to acknowledge. When one brings that up discussions go sideways quickly lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Yes , that’s the dark side avid supporters refuse to acknowledge. When one brings that up discussions go sideways quickly lol
                    Yep. BeCause used Tesla's are worthless.

[Url]https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/tesla/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_sn8BRBrEiwAnUGJDhaFYEqjro_jPKFWlap mbRNpdpdXcIhcxyhfN12Rcbgera7kHGNY6RoCE5oQAvD_BwE[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      It's a luxury truck.

It's a convertible.

It's priced lower than a duramax Denali.

Electric motors, especially that kind, run pretty much forever.

There's nothing simple about this vehicle... It's a top of the line luxury truck...

You guys are so worried trying to discredit new technology, you'll keep doing it right up to the day where there's no gas or diesel pickups left to buy... And probably still bitch about it.
                      Klause I am not against new technology at all. Is it not true that proponents of electrical vehicles highlight that there are less moving parts?

As for your assertion that they run forever, I have had many electric motors that required bearings so I don’t think they are immune to break down. As for new technology the first Crude electric car was developed in 1832.
                      Last edited by Hamloc; Oct 23, 2020, 08:18.

Comment

Well all that says there isnt much intelligence in the virtue signal crowd.

You are an avowed techno advocate klause, you like tech just for techs sake, we get that. Thats fine. Each to their own.

But do a life cycle cost analysis including the grid work, extra generation and the extraction of these resources to power these things. Work in the subsidies and carbon penalties properly.

Dont pretend for a moment these things are superior in anyway. More bells and whistles isnt necessarily advancement, its just more that can go wrong as any farmer can attest to.

Comment

You are an avowed techno advocate klause, you like tech just for techs sake, we get that. Thats fine. Each to their own.

But do a life cycle cost analysis including the grid work, extra generation and the extraction of these resources to power these things. Work in the subsidies and carbon penalties properly.

Dont pretend for a moment these things superior in anyway. More bells and whistles isnt necessarily advancement, its just more that can go wrong as any farmer can attest to.
                          No... I don't advocate for tech because of tech.

There's a lot of stupid tech out there

Do you own a cordless impact and a smartphone?

In 2005 you would have said both were stupid, wouldn't work, and were a fad.

Today?

Electricity moves a freight train. It moves the fastest passenger trains in the world.

Why can't it move a car? Because some crusty hillbilly from Saskatchewan that's set in his way says so?

80% of the electricity in this country is generated from dams and nuclear.

We will or have added 5,500 mwh of power generation this decade from hydroelectricity in this country.

Yes the grid needs some upgrading to support electric vehicles. It's not as much as you think, though.

Comment

Dont pretend for a moment these things are superior in anyway. More bells and whistles isnt necessarily advancement, its just more that can go wrong as any farmer can attest to.
                            The least reliable things I own are my 2 stroke weedeater and 2 stroke chainsaw. Need to be Fonzy to get those stinky and noisy things running. Leave fuel in them for too long then its time to rebuild the carb and fuel lines. Pop a battery in an electric any monkey could run em.
                            Last edited by biglentil; Oct 23, 2020, 08:37.

Comment

[Url]https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/tesla/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_sn8BRBrEiwAnUGJDhaFYEqjro_jPKFWlap mbRNpdpdXcIhcxyhfN12Rcbgera7kHGNY6RoCE5oQAvD_BwE[/url]
                              Was referring to windmills and solar panels after they are done . Hopefully life expectancies get better than advertised . Millions of cell phones end up ditched after just 2 years .... landfills .
                              The used Tesla’s for sure are going to hold their value for now . They are still a novelty in this green social environment.

EV’s , time will tell how long they last here. I agree , as I said before , they will have a fit, and may be practical someday. I am a skeptic about there longevity here in this climate until proven otherwise is all . I say that because the windmills and solar panels up till now are lasting about 1/2 lifespan as advertised.... hopefully in the future that changes . Just saying it’s not as green and perfect as what’s being touted up till this point in time .
                              And there is no doubt they will improve, like you have pointed out , electric tools are phenomenal now compared to 10 years ago . EVs are going to be there as well .
                              One thing though is that current gas and diesel vehicles are near worthless after 10 years too.
                              And that may accelerate as EV’s prove themselves in this part of the world .... year round , through 5 months of winter .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.