• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Hummer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Klause I am not against new technology at all. Is it not true that proponents of electrical vehicles highlight that there are less moving parts?

As for your assertion that they run forever, I have had many electric motors that required bearings so I don’t think they are immune to break down. As for new technology the first Crude electric car was developed in 1832.
    Axial flux motors aren't conventional electric...

Sure you might change a wheel bearing.

How long does a tranny last? Or a reciprocating engine?

Put a little gas motor on your aereation fan and run on that vs. the 5hp electric motor.

Calculate your fuel consumption. Plus oil used and oil changes and see how long/how many years you get. Bet it's less than 5. Aeration fans last how long? 20 years? More? less? I don't have any that old so don't know.

The electric motors that run the water pumps at my in-law's irrigation system have been in use since the 80s.

Comment

What will happen to the rest of the oil and gas workers?
      They will find jobs where?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
        Axial flux motors aren't conventional electric...

Sure you might change a wheel bearing.

How long does a tranny last? Or a reciprocating engine?

Put a little gas motor on your aereation fan and run on that vs. the 5hp electric motor.

Calculate your fuel consumption. Plus oil used and oil changes and see how long/how many years you get. Bet it's less than 5. Aeration fans last how long? 20 years? More? less? I don't have any that old so don't know.

The electric motors that run the water pumps at my in-law's irrigation system have been in use since the 80s.
        I will admit I switched over to electric motors in my pump systems in my yard where I could . Best decision ever, no more Fighting with gas pumps . My sprayer fill station and liquid fert set up . Flip a switch and good to go every time .
        If I could replace all gas pumps I would .
        Also power tools, electric impacts are awesome now and all related tools actually. Even the Milwaukee grass trimmers .... I finally gas up on my gas Huskavarna ... drove me nuts .
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 23, 2020, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          I will admit I switched over to electric motors in my pump systems in my yard where I could . Best decision ever, no more Fighting with gas pumps . My sprayer fill station and liquid fert set up . Flip a switch and good to go every time .
          Agree sure is nice not listening to a screaming gasser when filling liquid.

Comment

One thing that has failed miserably is vehicle , tractor , RV batteries. They are worse now than 30 years ago ... by a long shot

Comment

[QUOTE=

Why can't it move a car? Because some crusty hillbilly from Saskatchewan that's set in his way says so?
              [/QUOTE]
              Funny

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                If I could replace all gas pumps I would .
                Also power tools, electric impacts are awesome now and all related tools actually. Even the Milwaukee grass trimmers .... I finally gas up on my gas Huskavarna ... drove me nuts .
                Hope the power doesn't go out when you need it, or have the yard on a back up genset. We have one but not properly hooked up yet. Bought in Chilliwak. Yup it's hilly in the Ghetto but not this hilly. It was an auction site photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	11633353_3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	770266

Too bad it needs diesel to run. Maybe I can put a wind turbine on it with gearing to run the generator at 1850 rpm.

Comment

Kept a few 3 in gas pumps as back up
                  But ya I would like to get a gem set like that for back up for sure .

Comment

Pontificating on electric doesnt change the fact nobody has an argument why it is better.

So you have a bias for electric, fine, it moves trains in japan and france. So does diesel. So the iphone 12 apparently still makes calls like the flip phones do. So my F150 has a digital control panel with knobs below in case the screen quits. What is the point of it?

Technology needs to be an upgrade in usefulness and utility.

What is the upgrade in utility from a gas driven car to electric? Answer; there is none and there are are a hell of a lot of issues with reliability and externalities that are conveniently swept under the rug.

Thats why it has to be anchored with a vague climate change pseudoscience.

Farmers are crying on one side about overpaying for hybrid technology and the right to fix their equipment but then full into letting the big companies keep pushing tech with dubious benefits into everything. Makes no sense. Companies can make a barebones vehicle for $20k new but that doesnt turn a profit anymore so just stuff it with all the tech you can think of to run up that price.
                    Last edited by jazz; Oct 23, 2020, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Pontificating on electric doesnt change the fact nobody has an argument why it is better.

So you have a bias for electric, fine, it moves trains in japan and france. So does diesel. So the iphone 12 apparently still makes calls like the flip phones do. So my F150 has a digital control panel with knobs below in case the screen quits. What is the point of it?

Technology needs to be an upgrade in usefulness and utility.

What is the upgrade in utility from a gas driven car to electric? Answer; there is none and there are are a hell of a lot of issues with reliability and externalities that are conveniently swept under the rug.

Thats why it has to be anchored with a vague climate change pseudoscience.

Farmers are crying on one side about overpaying for hybrid technology and the right to fix their equipment but then full into letting the big companies keep pushing tech with dubious benefits into everything. Makes no sense. Companies can make a barebones vehicle for $20k new but that doesnt turn a profit anymore so just stuff it with all the tech you can think of to run up that price.

Did your mother have any children that lived?

Seriously. I haven't read anything this out there in a long time.

You must be 75 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Hope the power doesn't go out when you need it, or have the yard on a back up genset. We have one but not properly hooked up yet. Bought in Chilliwak. Yup it's hilly in the Ghetto but not this hilly. It was an auction site photo.[ATTACH]6852[/ATTACH]

Too bad it needs diesel to run. Maybe I can put a wind turbine on it with gearing to run the generator at 1850 rpm.
                        We were lookin at screw air compressors in that sale but didnt get one

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          We were lookin at screw air compressors in that sale but didnt get one
                          Got lucky on this one. Was able to talk to a consignor who had a guarantee on a package consignment of equipment.
                          They had nothing to lose by telling me the truth.
                          Reasonable hours.
                          Size is a bit overkill but it would run the whole Ghetto yard..... and some.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 23, 2020, 20:24.

Comment

EVs are a plot by the left. Everyone gets dependent on the grid for transportation and when the government wants to control your movements they shut down the grid.

With good old diesel I can squeeze some canola seed and drive to FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                              EVs are a plot by the left. Everyone gets dependent on the grid for transportation and when the government wants to control your movements they shut down the grid.

Umm. Or you could setup solar panels and plug the thing in.

The cost for the solar array is probably ballpark to the expeller and refining cost of equipment and you need to grow the canola. The sun is free

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post

Another half baked absolutely stupid response.

Pray tell... How do you crush canola without electricity?

Last I checked you used electric motors to drive the expellers, heaters, and pumps required to turn the raw product into useable fuel.

I need to stop coming here. My brain cells die every time I read this bullshit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.