• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO Tip: Deutsch Connectors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO Tip: Deutsch Connectors

Meeting up with a member on here today reminded me about this info. Y'all might find usefull.

I fix a lot of these, usually when the housing is broken. The easy fix is 10 minutes with a heat gun and the plug seperates.

Replace the housing and reassemble. Everything has index pins so it can only go together one way.

If you keep things warm they will stick.

Otherwise industrial hot glue, contact cement, or super glue.

Last edited by Klause; Oct 22, 2020, 21:07.

To remove a pin, these are the proper tools. They are color coded to wire gauge just like crimp ends.

To remove a pin, insert the tool straight in from the back, around the wire. Push till it stops. Then pull back on BOTH the wire and the tool at the same time.

If it doesn't come out, pull the tool out, turn it slightly and try the procedure again.

Comment

Thanks Klause. I’ve gone a few rounds with those before. Like most jobs much easier with the right tools

Comment

Bought a used FC 1720 cart from a large dealer this spring. Three monitor boxes. Well which one came from this cart|? Not the one I got. Took a while to figure out that the pins were in different positions but I did figure it out eventually. The cheap plastic tools for switching the pins are useless. Need the ones Klause pictured which a local repair shop had. Problem solved and the cart worked good for a 27 yr old unit.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
          Bought a used FC 1720 cart from a large dealer this spring. Three monitor boxes. Well which one came from this cart|? Not the one I got. Took a while to figure out that the pins were in different positions but I did figure it out eventually. The cheap plastic tools for switching the pins are useless. Need the ones Klause pictured which a local repair shop had. Problem solved and the cart worked good for a 27 yr old unit.
          27yr old unit... Come on, you're making me feel "progressive" with my 24 year, soon to be 25 year old unit... It's still the main unit. Puts seeds and fert into the ground as good as I need it to.

Comment

I felt antiquated when a certain outfit wanted to hook their “smart” equipment into my monitors for data tracking. Said it was too old and I thought then you are of no value either. Yield and moisture monitor on my 10 year newer combine is less accurate and more erratic than the former. What value is bad data? Ask Hillary.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.